2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited March 2014
    Options
    They ship from Vista, CA.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    BrettH wrote: »
    I did not get a chance to test prior to the latest update due to not having a chat adapter. So I do not know if the latest firmware definitely fixed it but they are very usable without the boom mic. What I think this means is when the beta is released to the public it will fix the issue. When this will happen I do not know but it should be soon.

Dunno, we'll have to wait and see. Did you have to do another firmware update for your controller being in the beta? That would probably tell us a lot more.

I am clearly on record here saying the hardware itself is fine & I agree this is a MS issue.

It's frustrating to get the run around and a brick wall of silence on progress (or lack there of) and the aholes here on the forum are not helping alleviate that frustration at all with their snide and condescending attitudes, but I do have confidence it'll be fixed at some point down the line (if I didn't believe that, I'd have taken the thing back for a refund).

It's just a crappy situation at the moment and I have an alternative headset in it's place until we get the update to resolve it.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker, I've read your online comments about all that is gaming. You are without a doubt an extremely unhappy, very angry 22 year old. Maybe you need professional help or maybe you just need to get laid. Whatever it is, you've got issues.

For the record, I have no vested interest in Polk and my reason for commenting in these threads has absolutely nothing to do with Polk or their products. I simply don't like your 2 year old behavior, it has no place here or out there.

Furthermore, over the years the members here have fostered a family type of community. We help each other and look out for each other. Many of us have met, been to each others homes, sold and swapped gear with each other and many of us have become really good friends. So when someone comes here yelling, screaming and otherwise throwing one hissy fit after the other, we tend to do what any family would do, circle the wagons. Again, it's got NOTHING to do with Polk or their products, it's got everything to do with your behavior. I sincerely hope that concept gets through to you.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Austacker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Maybe you need professional help or maybe you just need to get laid. Whatever it is, you've got issues.

Maybe you people need to just need to stop being condescending aholes here when people complain?

Bandwagon bullyboy tactics from fanboys isn't exactly the mark of enlightened, reasonable individuals either.

For the record, I have no vested interest in Polk and my reason for commenting in these threads has absolutely nothing to do with Polk or their products. I simply don't like your 2 year old behavior, it has no place here or out there.
    Furthermore, over the years the members here have fostered a family type of community. We help each other and look out for each other. Many of us have met, been to each others homes, sold and swapped gear with each other and many of us have become really good friends. So when someone comes here yelling, screaming and otherwise throwing one hissy fit after the other, we tend to do what any family would do, circle the wagons. Again, it's got NOTHING to do with Polk or their products, it's got everything to do with your behavior. I sincerely hope that concept gets through to you.

Righteo, so you admit you're banding together like a pack of aholes and gone into defensive mode to 'fend off' what you see as a slight on your chosen champion's honor?

How very gallant of you all.

Hey, i honestly don't want to be part of your little girly group here and I'm not looking to shake up your happy home. I just want what the hell I paid for to work and every time someone does land here to complain, you people fend them off like there's nothing wrong.

You insist that 3+ weeks wait for a 'fix' on a consumer good is nothing to write home about and people should just not worry or complain their $200 purchase is effectively useless without it.

People are getting the bounce around here between the two companies involved and the established 'community' here are berating those that have the audacity to get annoyed with the situation.

Tell me truthfully, who wins in this little arrangement?

I'm holding onto my Polks and I seriously don't want anything to do with this 'community' if this is all it amounts to. I can only imagine what lurkers are thinking when they swing by here and see how you lot carry on.

The wolf pack fanboy mentality isn't going to garner trust or win understanding.

But it will ensure people say 'screw that' and go buy something else.

Hell, if this headset actually friggen worked as advertised I wouldn't even waste my time coming here. I've no desire at all to be part of your 'community' ffs, I just want a working product in a timely fashion.

The only 'issue' I have is the fact I placed my trust in Polk in the first place with a $200+ purchase on an untested product.

I assure you, that won't happen again!
  • F1nut
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You keep proving my point about you over and over and over again. There is no reasoning with you, therefore I see no use in further attempts. I hope you get the professional help you obviously need.

President of Club Polk

• Austacker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You keep proving my point about you over and over and over again. There is no reasoning with you, therefore I see no use in further attempts. I hope you get the professional help you obviously need.

What point? that I have to fend off obnoxious arrogant aholes from multiple sources who believe they're some moral or intellectual superiority because they're elite members of some circle jerk community?

Seriously dude, get the hell over yourself.

30,000+ posts on a forum?

Who needs to get help?

Pulese. You need to get a LIFE.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2014
    Options
    "Obnoxious" 80% of your posts are obnoxious rants, there have been several new forum members from the gaming community with the same concerns as yours that have pointed out your childish rants.

1. Your unhappy about the product....I get it been there done that
    2. You had the opportunity to return the item...but you chose not too....that is now your problem
    3. Polk puts out boom mic's at no cost to consumer to hold over....Polk didn't have too
    4. MS has not issued a fix...go to their forums and rant
    5. I have a question have you contacted MS, I'm curious of their response?
    6. You constantly are cursing on this forum...get lost if you don't like the people here
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I personally feel you all should just give it a damn rest. Aus just leave it be, this problem will get fixed very soon and if it does not I will be right here next to you pitching a fit on these forums. Everyone else needs to understand that even when you pay $5 for a product and it does not meet your standards you are going to be upset.

I personally am OCD and every little thing if not perfect will bother me. So I guess I just understand where hes coming from when it comes to being upset about a product. It does not take forever to fix this issue, in my opinion this should have been fixed within a week of the release. Sending out Mic booms is cool and all but I paid for the headset for the mic it has, not this boom mic so I really hope it is a momentary fix and not a permanent one because I will be requesting my money back. Polk has a great reputation so I expect they are telling the truth and if there is no fix I would guess they will rectify the problem.

PS everyone just chill the F out!
  • Austacker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    5. I have a question have you contacted MS, I'm curious of their response?

I did and posted the results here. MS Support said it was a Polk issue, which I questioned and cc'd Polk

The transcript is in the other thread

As for the rest of what you said, I'm not going to bother wasting my breath other than to say only a fool pokes a stick at an angry dog and then questions why they get bitten