fix the mic

Options
RiddlesTheYeti
RiddlesTheYeti Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Video Games
When will we get the update to fix the Polk 4 shot mic?? When ever I talk to my friends I sound like I'm ten feet from my mic when I'm really 4 inch.. plea let me know cuz this is the only downfall to this headset right now
Post edited by RiddlesTheYeti on
«1

Comments

  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You need to bug Microsoft about it. Polk can't issue the firmware update needed. I'm sure they are pressuring MS as much as they can. Register your product so you get the free boom mic.
  • carlo.
    carlo. Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It's not a firmware issue though it's hardware its the mic on the left that is provided. Maybe they were saying a patch is happening but that is most likely a patch to increase the gain of the mic. If you want to chat now with your friends use the other aux cable that they provided, the one meant to be used for phones. It's what I use and at least my friends can hear me a bit better now. Not perfect though. But that headset's sound quality is 5/5 for a stereo aka 2.0 ...
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    You need to bug Microsoft about it. Polk can't issue the firmware update needed. I'm sure they are pressuring MS as much as they can. Register your product so you get the free boom mic.

    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @polkaudio @XboxSupport @xbox http://www.polkaudio.com/4shot_promo.php
    Guys, we got any update on a firmware fix for the Polk4Shot? Don't really want a boom

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker As that's straight from the people who designed the product that looks like it'll be the best answer for now. ^CW

    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @XboxSupport1 @polkaudio I don't think so. Polk have stated this is a MICROSOFT ISSUE and NOT a Polk issue. Polk, please confirm here?

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker The info they have posted there is the best available. Tweet us if there are any other support questions. ^CW

    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @XboxSupport1 @polkaudio http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement … Polk state clearly the issue is not theirs. So who does know what's going on?

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker Tweet us when there's a support question & we'll be here for you. ^CW

    As you can see, this is a mess right now with a lot of finger pointing and no solution on the table as yet.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @polkaudio @XboxSupport @xbox http://www.polkaudio.com/4shot_promo.php
    Guys, we got any update on a firmware fix for the Polk4Shot? Don't really want a boom

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker As that's straight from the people who designed the product that looks like it'll be the best answer for now. ^CW

    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @XboxSupport1 @polkaudio I don't think so. Polk have stated this is a MICROSOFT ISSUE and NOT a Polk issue. Polk, please confirm here?

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker The info they have posted there is the best available. Tweet us if there are any other support questions. ^CW

    Austacker ‏@Austacker Mar 18
    @XboxSupport1 @polkaudio http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement … Polk state clearly the issue is not theirs. So who does know what's going on?

    Xbox Support ‏@XboxSupport1 Mar 18
    @Austacker Tweet us when there's a support question & we'll be here for you. ^CW

    As you can see, this is a mess right now with a lot of finger pointing and no solution on the table as yet.


    Does this really surprise you? Do you have any idea how the support chat (or phone) is handled for MS? Those folks don't know anything they aren't specifically told, that they can't look up in their knowledge database.

    Everyone here gets that you are upset and are not happy. We (the community) has had to endure your long rants on the subject over the last few weeks. But you had the opportunity to return it, and instead decided to keep it. (Even though MS has a track record of taking MONTHS to fix issues) You seemed to have finally been happy when you did your own testing and saw that the mic worked fine with other things. But no, you'd rather complain at every opportunity than be happy Polk is providing a temporary solution (even if it's not the one you want).

    Look, I get it. I get upset too when I don't feel I've received my money's worth for something. But, come on already. This stuff does not get fixed that quick. If you truly expected that, then you are not living in the real world.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    But, come on already. This stuff does not get fixed that quick. If you truly expected that, then you are not living in the real world.

    Ahhh the 'real world' would have stuff like this working on purchase, not over a month after you buy it and take it home.

    There's no recall on the product, no warning or anything. You purchase it for the express purpose of a gaming headset and 50% of it doesn't work.

    That's not an unrealistic expectation to expect a $200 headset to work out of the box, is it?
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    Ahhh the 'real world' would have stuff like this working on purchase, not over a month after you buy it and take it home.

    There's no recall on the product, no warning or anything. You purchase it for the express purpose of a gaming headset and 50% of it doesn't work.

    That's not an unrealistic expectation to expect a $200 headset to work out of the box, is it?

    You admitted you could have returned it, but you decided to keep it anyways. That was your choice. So, stop complaining and deal with it. Or, maybe you're one of those people that thrives off of having something to complain about?
  • BrettH
    BrettH Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I know that there are some controller issues that are being addressed in the current beta. I should receive my chat adapter tomorrow to see if they have fixed the mic problem since I have the latest beta. I am not sure when the final release will be ready for the public since there are many issues not related to the controllers that needs to be addressed. They are also adding a lot of new features.
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    You admitted you could have returned it, but you decided to keep it anyways. That was your choice. So, stop complaining and deal with it. Or, maybe you're one of those people that thrives off of having something to complain about?
    I have to agree with the majority of the posts that shepx2 has made. Why would Polk issue a recall when it's proven that there's nothing wrong with their near-field mic? You've even tested and proven that fact for yourself, Austacker. Beating a dead horse won't get you very far. Then again, there are those that continue whacking it regardless of the futility of it. I can count four separate comments from you about not liking the boom mic. We get it loud & clear. It takes considerable costs to provide the boom mic as well as Fed Ex ship it to every Melee/4 Shot headset owner, even more for those overseas. Do you think that doesn't already count as a significant loss when Polk is already losing marketshare due to MS' software issues? Somehow you always fail to include the fact that just about every headset manufacturer has reported similar issues with their cans. Your continual slamming of Polk is unwarranted. Not only have you continued with your tirade on these forums, I've even read your criticism on numerous gaming forums (Xbox Support, Amazon, Twitter, etc.) as well. Why didn't you just return your headset when you had the chance if you lacked faith in Polk? It would have saved many of us from the same broken record rhetoric that you've been spreading around. It got old two weeks ago, son.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Add Reddit to the list of places he has been bashing them, as well.

    Unless he works for a competitor and is being paid for spending all this time and effort as a smear campaign, I can't grasp why someone would knowingly keep a product with a "defect" within their return window to go on as he has.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Add Reddit to the list of places he has been bashing them, as well.

    Unless he works for a competitor and is being paid for spending all this time and effort as a smear campaign, I can't grasp why someone would knowingly keep a product with a "defect" within their return window to go on as he has.

    Maybe he is bored and has nothing better to do. Personally I would play more Xbox and do less complaining here to blow off steam, but that's just me.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Add Reddit to the list of places he has been bashing them, as well.

    Unless he works for a competitor and is being paid for spending all this time and effort as a smear campaign, I can't grasp why someone would knowingly keep a product with a "defect" within their return window to go on as he has.

    I'm not a shill thanks.

    I'm also not an apologist as you clearly are.

    I get that you're a fan of Polk and that's great. But in this specific regard I shelled out big clams for a product that's only 1/2 functional.

    I really don't give a crap WHO is to 'blame' for this situation - non functional is non functional

    Now whilst you can be keen to sweep this under a rug, say all is well with the world and there's nothing wrong - I on the other hand are taking the prudent and responsible step that no one here or at Polk is willing to do and providing prospective buyers a caveat emptor on the 4Shot product.

    Getting upset because it might cost them sales?

    I'm one tiny voice here. Polk/Microsoft brought this situation upon themselves and regardless of who you care to 'blame' (I honestly not longer give a damn), at least SOMEONE has to stand up and give a warning to people looking to buy.

    I only wish someone had the balls to stand up and say what I'm saying now in a public arena and save me potential disappointment.


    Did I keep my product purchase? Yes. I did so knowing that eventually this problem *should* be fixed.

    However, I did this only after that window for purchase closed and the announcement of this boom mic work around was in place.

    I don't know about you guys, but that's alarm bells for me. It's a big expense for polk which immediately makes me think either they're not sure this actually can be fixed, or the timing of said fix is no where near as soon as it should be.

    Now you two can sit around and spin crap all you like in defence of your chosen champion, but I'll continue to be responsible and warn others of what they can expect if they go to their local stores today and bring home a Polk4Shot.

    The MIC WON'T WORK.

    Simples.

    I say again I'm not a friggen competitor. I'm simply a consumer who's rightly pissed off with this situation, combating company fanboys whilst trying to inform others of this situation.

    I'm not here to 'sabotage' the product. It was already screwed day one. Microsoft / Polk did this themselves.

    Negative consumer feedback is not only warranted, but also prudent to pass on to potential consumers - something Polk are clearly not willing to do because it'll affect sales, something the fanboys here won't do either.

    In the end, it comes down to people like myself who have real skin in the game already and shelled out for something that doesn't work as advertised.

    So stop giving me grief for what I'm completely entitled to express.

    If anything, I'll just ensure I use this crap you guys are giving me in links to further show the public not only does the product not work as advertised, but if you complain on their forums about it you get attacked by their fanboys.

    You two sure you want to be that face of a company already struggling with a poor release?

    Back the hell off guys.

    We're STILL waiting for this to be fixed.

    STILL.

    It's getting beyond a joke now and people need to be aware.

    If only we had more people of integrity to spread the word... something clearly lacking here.

    But rest assured, I WILL be sharing this wonderful experience abroad on places like Reddit. This is now out in public view, people can come here and read the sort of response they're likely to get if they have the audacity and conceit to complain on the official forums.

    That's PR money cannot buy and Polk can thank you people personally for providing it.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wow, you are worse off than even my ex-wife, with her entitled rants.

    No one ever said you didn't have a right to be disappointed. Most of us are/were. The difference is that we're the ones acting with integrity here, not you. You're like a spoiled child, who needs a spanking.

    Enjoy your crusade, bud.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Wow, you are worse off than even my ex-wife, with her entitled rants.

    No one ever said you didn't have a right to be disappointed. Most of us are/were. The difference is that we're the ones acting with integrity here, not you. You're like a spoiled child, who needs a spanking.

    Enjoy your crusade, bud.

    You don't know the meaning of integrity by being complacent.

    But fanboys like yourself don't do the PR department of polk any favours by being jerks to customers online.

    It's been 3 weeks now since release & there's still no fix and no release date for one.

    My 'crusade' as you like to put it is simply relaying said experience to others, especially the BS from fanboys like yourself for those that come here to complain.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Maybe you should have just returned them when you had the chance. Now you will have to patiently wait like the rest of us, but constantly complaining is not going to fix it any faster.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    My 'crusade' as you like to put it is simply relaying said experience to others, especially the BS from fanboys like yourself for those that come here to complain.

    Austacker, you've relayed your message on more posts than you deserve to. Be thankful they haven't banned you, because I would have by now. You're ruining the community with your broken record complaining, and now your "I'm being bullied" crap. This forum isn't your personal place to falsely act like you've been victimized.

    You're crusade is doing nothing but showing you have ignored Polk's statements to you, and that you've got some serious issues.


    If only people expended this much energy towards real problems in the world........
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,161
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    You don't know the meaning of integrity by being complacent...But fanboys like yourself don't do the PR department of polk any favours by being jerks to customers online..

    Aren't you "the pot calling the kettle black"...just because your vigilant thoughts and impatience are opposite of Polk fans puts you in better place?

    Many posts ago you said it was none of my business and I bit my tongue. Just an FYI what Polk does is every part of my business as I not only a "fan", I am a dealer.

    So answer this, if you get a bad cup of coffee, do you constantly parade forums in disgruntlement about how bad it was, if so you are leading a very stressful life.

    You also, got upset when I commented about you being a kid and your response was you were 22, well frickin' grow up and get over it. Life is going to pitch many curve balls and if a pair of headphones chaps your a$$, man I feel sorry for your existence.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

    erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,062
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You two are such big bad bullies. :lol:

    Ya'll better watch out or the boy from Oz might throw another hissy fit.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


    President of Club Polk

  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,062
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    ......

    It's getting beyond a joke now and people need to be aware.

    If only we had more people of integrity to spread the word... something clearly lacking here.

    But rest assured, I WILL be sharing this wonderful experience abroad on places like Reddit. This is now out in public view, people can come here and read the sort of response they're likely to get if they have the audacity and conceit to complain on the official forums.

    That's PR money cannot buy and Polk can thank you people personally for providing it.

    I think it's great that you will be sharing the posts here with places like Reddit, so that folks can see where the blame actually rests and see for themselves the kind of person you truly are. In your own words.......
    Originally Posted by Austacker
    I'm personally convinced it's a Microsoft issue now, but frustrated by their slow response in addressing the issue.

    They're leaving it all on Polk atm to provide updates which I think is pretty damn ordinary.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


    President of Club Polk

  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,161
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You two are such big bad bullies. :lol:

    Ya'll better watch out or the boy from Oz might throw another hissy fit.

    Man-o-man....bite me :-)

    LOL

    Jesse doors are finished send u pics soon....thanks for the edumucation ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

    erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,062
    edited March 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Man-o-man....bite me :-)

    LOL

    You, you bully, you.

    Jesse doors are finished send u pics soon....thanks for the edumucation ;)

    Ah great, sounds like the wife is happy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


    President of Club Polk

  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Many posts ago you said it was none of my business and I bit my tongue. Just an FYI what Polk does is every part of my business as I not only a "fan", I am a dealer.

    So you have a vested interest in the outcome.

    Enough said there buddy, anyone reading this will know you've said all that needs to be said.

    Go away. I don't need 'advice' from a dealer in bed with their supplier.

    Everything you say here is compromised by a clear conflict of interest and becomes completely irrelevant.

    Like I said, everything here is public. Every single little arrogant, condescending post you people make to what's clearly an annoyed customer goes back ten fold into the community via word of mouth.

    You are doing more damage than good, even if you think you're standing up for Polk here.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I think it's great that you will be sharing the posts here with places like Reddit, so that folks can see where the blame actually rests and see for themselves the kind of person you truly are. In your own words.......

    What they'll see is clearly how many *******s form the Polk community and the fact they even have their dealers here talking **** to customers.

    That's PR money can't buy.

    Be careful what you wish for, some of you clearly have a vested business interest with this company...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,161
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    So you have a vested interest in the outcome.

    Enough said there buddy, anyone reading this will know you've said all that needs to be said.

    Go away. I don't need 'advice' from a dealer in bed with their supplier.

    Everything you say here is compromised by a clear conflict of interest and becomes completely irrelevant.

    Like I said, everything here is public. Every single little arrogant, condescending post you people make to what's clearly an annoyed customer goes back ten fold into the community via word of mouth.

    You are doing more damage than good, even if you think you're standing up for Polk here.


    The part you are leaving out is POLK is not the only vendor with the issue. Let's not forget MS needing to incorporate a gain input for the the variations of mics on the market. I see that you did not seem to understand the example I gave you weeks ago what needed to be applied by Microsoft so all vendors could integrate. All that is implied here is that you are an impatient individual who doesn't understand R&D and likes to rant.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

    erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I bought the V-MODA BoomPro Gaming mic for 30 dollars until I get the polk one then I'll just return it but this one sounds great.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    All that is implied here is that you are an impatient individual who doesn't understand R&D and likes to rant.

    Maybe I don't know about R&D there bud, but I do know QA & clearly, someone ****ed up spectacularly this release.
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    I'm not a shill thanks.

    I'm also not an apologist as you clearly are.

    I get that you're a fan of Polk and that's great. But in this specific regard I shelled out big clams for a product that's only 1/2 functional.

    I really don't give a crap WHO is to 'blame' for this situation - non functional is non functional

    Now whilst you can be keen to sweep this under a rug, say all is well with the world and there's nothing wrong - I on the other hand are taking the prudent and responsible step that no one here or at Polk is willing to do and providing prospective buyers a caveat emptor on the 4Shot product.

    Getting upset because it might cost them sales?

    I'm one tiny voice here. Polk/Microsoft brought this situation upon themselves and regardless of who you care to 'blame' (I honestly not longer give a damn), at least SOMEONE has to stand up and give a warning to people looking to buy.

    I only wish someone had the balls to stand up and say what I'm saying now in a public arena and save me potential disappointment.


    Did I keep my product purchase? Yes. I did so knowing that eventually this problem *should* be fixed.

    However, I did this only after that window for purchase closed and the announcement of this boom mic work around was in place.

    I don't know about you guys, but that's alarm bells for me. It's a big expense for polk which immediately makes me think either they're not sure this actually can be fixed, or the timing of said fix is no where near as soon as it should be.

    Now you two can sit around and spin crap all you like in defence of your chosen champion, but I'll continue to be responsible and warn others of what they can expect if they go to their local stores today and bring home a Polk4Shot.

    The MIC WON'T WORK.

    Simples.

    I say again I'm not a friggen competitor. I'm simply a consumer who's rightly pissed off with this situation, combating company fanboys whilst trying to inform others of this situation.

    I'm not here to 'sabotage' the product. It was already screwed day one. Microsoft / Polk did this themselves.

    Negative consumer feedback is not only warranted, but also prudent to pass on to potential consumers - something Polk are clearly not willing to do because it'll affect sales, something the fanboys here won't do either.

    In the end, it comes down to people like myself who have real skin in the game already and shelled out for something that doesn't work as advertised.

    So stop giving me grief for what I'm completely entitled to express.

    If anything, I'll just ensure I use this crap you guys are giving me in links to further show the public not only does the product not work as advertised, but if you complain on their forums about it you get attacked by their fanboys.

    You two sure you want to be that face of a company already struggling with a poor release?

    Back the hell off guys.

    We're STILL waiting for this to be fixed.

    STILL.

    It's getting beyond a joke now and people need to be aware.

    If only we had more people of integrity to spread the word... something clearly lacking here.

    But rest assured, I WILL be sharing this wonderful experience abroad on places like Reddit. This is now out in public view, people can come here and read the sort of response they're likely to get if they have the audacity and conceit to complain on the official forums.

    That's PR money cannot buy and Polk can thank you people personally for providing it.

    Don't listen to them, you being upset is completely warranted! I am upset also, I understand these things take time to be fixed but I am starting to think that this boom mic is more of a permanant fix. If it was just the Mic gain causing an issue I really think it could have been fixed from now. Microsoft does not need to release a BIG massive update to release a small fix to fix the MIC issue.

    I also understand keeping the headset because what are our options as of now? The XO7, which I tried out and thought oh hey this headset is better for a day. Then I heard the Polk 4 shot again and realized how superior the sound quality is. I personally think the 4 shot is amazing and as long as this boom mic works ill be ok with it but not completely happy. I paid partly for this Mic because I hate the BOOM crap in my face.

    That being said I think Polk will ultimately be completely honest about their product if it really is a hardware issue and not a software issue. Eventually those that are unhappy will probably be offered a refund or even a replacement headset of some sort.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrinis wrote: »
    Don't listen to them, you being upset is completely warranted! I am upset also, I understand these things take time to be fixed but I am starting to think that this boom mic is more of a permanant fix.

    That being said I think Polk will ultimately be completely honest about their product if it really is a hardware issue and not a software issue. Eventually those that are unhappy will probably be offered a refund or even a replacement headset of some sort.


    Its a bigger deal than you think to write new code to enable a mic gain adjustment. People are expecting it immediately, and these things take time. It's for this reason that I believe Polk is offering the boom mic. Frankly, if they had offered this solution up front instead of the drop down I would have been happy too. This is a solution that you normally have to purchase separate from your headphones, when dealing with audiophile type solutions. (the v-moda boom mic retails for 30 dollars.) But I totally understand that it's not the way you and others imagined, and you have every right to be disappointed.

    That said, there's a big difference between expressing frustration and disappointment in an adult manner, and ranting on as Austacker has done (who acts like Polk killed his puppy or stole his girlfriend). In fact, I did a quick run through his reddit post history, and I couldn't really find any positive posts at all made by him, on any topic. He seems to just be miserable about life, and is taking it out on all manner of issues throughout the Internet. But we're not going to let him ruin this community.

    Don't let his cynicism blind you to the fact that this community wants to see people happy, and taken care of. And most of us have been here for years because Polk has always done so. And in rare cases when someone has been wronged, Polk usually makes it right (as they have attempted to do here). And when needed, people from this community have stepped in to help make things right as well.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shepx2 wrote: »
    Its a bigger deal than you think to write new code to enable a mic gain adjustment. People are expecting it immediately, and these things take time.

    3 weeks and running so far... not a peep.
    It's for this reason that I believe Polk is offering the boom mic. Frankly, if they had offered this solution up front instead of the drop down I would have been happy too.

    If they offered this up front I'd have bought another headset. You're clearly not a gamer.
    This is a solution that you normally have to purchase separate from your headphones, when dealing with audiophile type solutions. (the v-moda boom mic retails for 30 dollars.) But I totally understand that it's not the way you and others imagined, and you have every right to be disappointed.

    And this is the concern. I get Polk are in the business of customer satisfaction and realise this issue is quite literally a deal breaker for many, but this supports the theory that a real fix for the Xbox firmware might be further away than people imagine.
    That said, there's a big difference between expressing frustration and disappointment in an adult manner, and ranting on as Austacker has done (who acts like Polk killed his puppy or stole his girlfriend). In fact, I did a quick run through his reddit post history, and I couldn't really find any positive posts at all made by him, on any topic. He seems to just be miserable about life, and is taking it out on all manner of issues throughout the Internet. But we're not going to let him ruin this community.

    YOU ruin the 'community' by how you handle angry customer complaints.

    You're antagonistic, arrogant & condescending because you're a clear fanboy.

    This is a situation that couldn't have gone any more wrong and you're standing around saying why so srs?
    Don't let his cynicism blind you to the fact that this community wants to see people happy, and taken care of. And most of us have been here for years because Polk has always done so. And in rare cases when someone has been wronged, Polk usually makes it right (as they have attempted to do here). And when needed, people from this community have stepped in to help make things right as well.

    So you're bottom line vested interest here with the Polk company has nothing to do with your opinion, right?

    Your approach to this situation has been to belittle and undermine customer complaints and attack people. You give them the company line to shut them up and if they don't, you attack them (along with several other resident fanboys here, who knows what vested interest they share in Polk - calling ME a shill is a JOKE).

    That's not good PR. All that does is show the gaming community and the lurkers who come here how they can expect to be greeted at the door.

    This is 'our' turf and we won't tolerate any dissonance to the happy home?

    Dude, people are buying these things off the shelf right now blissfully unaware of the fact the mic can't be practically used as advertised, they're going to rock up here looking for answers because Xbox and Microsoft say 'not our problem, speak to Polk' and Polk say 'Sign up for our updates' - of which none have come thus far.

    They're going to start looking here on the forum for answers, undoubtedly in a pretty pissed state because there was no caveat emptor on this purchase other than honest community feedback.

    Something you, F1Nut and TXCoastal are not willing to provide either because you have a financial stake with Polk or simply a long term, resident fanboy who thinks Polk can do no wrong.

    So what's your 'solution'?

    Be patient. Wait months on end for a fix. Don't worry, they'll look after you... TRUST US?

    Yeah, like the consumer trusted the product off the shelf weeks ago would work when they got it home?

    Give me a break!


    You know what's going to make people happy?

    Not your BS.

    A working product.

    That's it. Until then, people are going to avoid this product and dump it like a hot potatoe.

    Yeah, I'm keeping mine for now (in a drawer because it's useless) and I can assure you that I'll never buy another Polk product again on day of release without feedback first that it's 100% working.

    My consumer experience thus far has been deplorable with this product and people like yourself have done nothing but make it worse.

    If I was Polk, I'm not sure I'd want to have someone like you as a representative to support their product, especially in a public forum like this.

    You have absolutely no ability what so ever in conflict resolution or customer service other than to paper over a problem and act like an A grade A hole to anyone who doesn't love your financially vested interest like you do.

    You honestly think the people reading this, knowing you are in fact a dealer for the company, are honestly going to take your word at face value?

    You are compromised by your conflict of interest and the fact you feel the need to attack my personal integrity in this matter speaks more than your hollow words ever could.

    And you people have the conceit and audacity to say that *I* am a company shill...

    Give me a break!
  • BrettH
    BrettH Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker, I have been using the Melee with a chat adapter since Tuesday with only one person stating that I sounded a little distant but still very clear. In fact one of my friends that I play daily with stated I was crystal clear and he is accustomed to the sound of my voice (I don't scream or talk very loud while playing). I am a part of the beta program for Microsoft so I have the latest firmware on my controller. I did not get a chance to test prior to the latest update due to not having a chat adapter. So I do not know if the latest firmware definitely fixed it but they are very usable without the boom mic. What I think this means is when the beta is released to the public it will fix the issue. When this will happen I do not know but it should be soon.
  • Daunting
    Daunting Posts: 21
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Anyone know where Polk ships from? Curious when the boom will arrive.