Options
14567810»

Comments

• Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Tiremfej wrote: »
    everyone seems to be unloading them on eBay. I'll be happy until a surround sound set comes out. As it stands they replicate sound placement fairly well.

Because the mic doesn't work.

It's a gaming headset, not an audio headset. There's better options if all you want is pure audio (especially if you want surround sound, you cannot get a true dolby experience with the Xbox headset adaptor, it's a technical impossibility).

People buy the Polk4Shot because they wanted that trusted brand audio quality WITH good chat functionality.

They got only half, hence they're dumping this product in droves.
  • Lobstah
    Lobstah Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lobstah wrote: »
    Little problem here, so in order to get the free boom mic I need to register my headphones correct? Well I seemed to have misplaced the little register card with my serial number on it. Is there any other way to register my set so I can get the boom mic? Can I find the serial number somewhere on the headset itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Just in case anyone else has the same problem, the serial number can be found by popping off the "right side" ear cup.
  • Lobstah
    Lobstah Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I preordered these headphones back in 2013 and registered them the day they arrived. I encountered the mic problem on the first night with my friends and immediately reached out to Polk about the problem.

To this day, weeks later, no one from Polk has responded. I have made multiple attempts to contact their support team. Not one single reply.

I have also been watching this thread without comment, being patient, waiting for more than one post from Polk, but seeing negative posts by fellow customers for complaining is just sickening in this situation. Polk should be in this thread commenting, and they should certainly ban posters that tell other customers to shut up on a forum about this problem.

If Polk wants me to trust them they should support their product and respond to valid customer inquiries. If they want to let so called "Loyal Customers" attack new customers they will only be damaging their brand further.

I just want some simple communication from Polk.

It was hard for me to get a reply as well but I did eventually get though on the phone and the pleasant gentleman on the phone assured me that everyone who has registered their headset will get a free boom mic and that they will be sending them out starting on the 31st of March.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lobstah is a smart guy, took my advice and picked up the phone. Seems to be a lost concept these days.

The other guy, who wants me banned (LMAO on that one) just up and disappeared when I asked him if he made a call.
    Austacker wrote: »
    I'm personally convinced it's a Microsoft issue now, but frustrated by their slow response in addressing the issue.

They're leaving it all on Polk atm to provide updates which I think is pretty damn ordinary.

And yet you're still bad mouthing Polk. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    And yet you're still bad mouthing Polk. :rolleyes:

No, I'm 'bad mouthing' the apologist's mindset you people have adopted, the lack of information flow and the three god damn weeks we've been waiting so far for a fix for this 'issue'

'Blame' is a moot issue here because regardless of 'who' is to blame, I still have a friggen headset that simply doesn't work.

But apart from you lot, I'm actually telling people the truth about this. In all my postings off site I've said that it's not a polk issue and that a boom mic is coming and the device doesn't work as advertised out of the box.

People can make up their own mind on whether they want to make a purchase then.

oh wait, you don't want me to tell people that the mic doesn't work atm? You afraid it might impact sales?

So what's more important here, the consumer's right to get a product they paid for functioning as advertised by withholding information that might impact that purchase decision?

Or waiting until after they get their purchase home, realise the mic doesn't work and then head over here to have you lot say 'just wait until they fix it'

There's a clear duty of care here not being addressed and you self assuming integrity bound moral crusaders would rather keep potential customers willfully ignorant, whilst lambasting those who are sitting on a 3 week old purchase that doesn't work and are expressing their displeasure at that?

You fanboys are a joke.

I give credit where it's due (and I do on the Polk audio and design of the headset - it's top notch) and I give criticism where it's due also (the fkn mic doesn't work and it's been 3 damn weeks and counting).

I held onto my headset unlike many who just traded theirs back or sold it and left neg feedback.

Go out there and see for yourself.

But no, I stuck with my purchase. Even though I'm pissed off, I'm still 'supporting' Polk by retaining my purchase

The only good thing in this situation is potential customers can see the sort of situation they'll be dealing with if they make a Polk purchase

The mic won't work and the rabid fanbase will give them crap if they complain.

Nice going.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    No, I'm 'bad mouthing' the apologist's mindset you people have adopted, the lack of information flow and the three god damn weeks we've been waiting so far for a fix for this 'issue'

'Blame' is a moot issue here because regardless of 'who' is to blame, I still have a friggen headset that simply doesn't work.

But apart from you lot, I'm actually telling people the truth about this. In all my postings off site I've said that it's not a polk issue and that a boom mic is coming and the device doesn't work as advertised out of the box.

People can make up their own mind on whether they want to make a purchase then.

oh wait, you don't want me to tell people that the mic doesn't work atm? You afraid it might impact sales?

So what's more important here, the consumer's right to get a product they paid for functioning as advertised by withholding information that might impact that purchase decision?

Or waiting until after they get their purchase home, realise the mic doesn't work and then head over here to have you lot say 'just wait until they fix it'

There's a clear duty of care here not being addressed and you self assuming integrity bound moral crusaders would rather keep potential customers willfully ignorant, whilst lambasting those who are sitting on a 3 week old purchase that doesn't work and are expressing their displeasure at that?

You fanboys are a joke.

I give credit where it's due (and I do on the Polk audio and design of the headset - it's top notch) and I give criticism where it's due also (the fkn mic doesn't work and it's been 3 damn weeks and counting).

I held onto my headset unlike many who just traded theirs back or sold it and left neg feedback.

Go out there and see for yourself.

But no, I stuck with my purchase. Even though I'm pissed off, I'm still 'supporting' Polk by retaining my purchase

The only good thing in this situation is potential customers can see the sort of situation they'll be dealing with if they make a Polk purchase

The mic won't work and the rabid fanbase will give them crap if they complain.

Nice going.

WASH RINSE REPEAT.....waaah
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tiremfej
    Tiremfej Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I could have bought a better set. I didn't. I'm confident a fix will come for these. In fact I'm pretty sure the next update will allow for it on X1. Already added sound leveling with snapped and open apps. It works well. There was also another update to the controller firmware so maybe it fixed it. I should give it a whirl. Beta, so I'm not sure if they would mention a fix until it is final.
This discussion has been closed.