Where does your screen name come from?

Options

Comments

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Name of a security company I owned years ago
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Seabee Robby-joe douglas= seabeerob
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I thought of it back when playing video games online was a new thing. A game a friend of mine and myself were playing was called Rise Of The Triad (or ROTT for short). My friend had the screen name "Spithead". I wanted a name to compliment his name, so I combined the "head" from his screen name and "ROTT" from the name of the game and created "headrott" as sort of a play on words. Been using it ever since. :smile:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited March 2014
    Options
    oldmodman

old. Well, I'm over 60 now.
    mod. I have to alter everything I own.
    man. My gender and I'll stand by it.

Plus, of course, I have never encountered another oldmodman on any site including Yahoo mail and G mail.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My name comes from my love of polk speakers and generations of inbreeding.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It's where I be
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Dabutcher cause Dabutcher loves Da Bears! And childhood nickname was Butch.

I thought you were a serial killer.
    Dabutcher of Minnesota.
    It has a ring to it if you ever decide to start.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I used to spend a lot of time river and stream fishing before I moved to a place that doesn't have any.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Green '01
    Green '01 Posts: 60
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My truck is a green 2001
  • seabeerob213
    edited March 2014
    Options
    explains everything
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It is what I have done the last 23.3 years in this fine State that I call home.
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nathan

Dude you're practically Russian ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • eeagle
    eeagle Posts: 226
    edited March 2014
    Options
    A United States gold piece minted in the 1850's, the Ten Dollar coin was known as the Eagle

and the Twenty Dollar coin as the Double Eagle.

It was also our favorite New Mexico restaurant when we lived there.

I used it as my CB handle too, so it was a natural for the internet.
    SDA SRS 1.2
    Adcom GFA-5802
    Adcom GFP-750
    Sony DVP-NS999ES
  • Green '01
    Green '01 Posts: 60
    edited March 2014
    Options
    explains everything

Ha, ha... thought I'd add this to fix it for ya'
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nathan

I had associated you with the video game "Fallout" where the main character wanders the nuclear wasteland in Virginia, DC, and Maryland. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2014
    Options
    For a long time I posted under my real name and city, but one day it occurred to me that wasn't a very bright move. Anyone looking to steal audio/video gear would know what I had from my posts, look up my address in the phone book, and steal it. Duh!

So I needed a new name, but what? At the time I had a blue VW Fox, and it now lives on in perpetuity.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited March 2014
    Options
    gad·a·bout [gad-uh-bout]

noun

1. a person who moves about restlessly or aimlessly, especially from one social activity to another.
    2. a person who travels often or to many different places, especially for pleasure.
    3. someone who goes from place to place enjoying themselves, especially when they should be doing something else (my favorite)

Origin: 1810–20; noun use of verb phrase gad about

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • seabeerob213
    edited March 2014
    Options
    there was supposed to be a quote of pfb
    Green '01 wrote: »
    Ha, ha... thought I'd add this to fix it for ya'
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Was at work trying to think of a quick new userid and I saw this electrical panel with voltz on it, kept thinking isn't it suppose to be a S not a Z?

so it stuck in my head - like so many other stupid things :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • 98Badger
    98Badger Posts: 317
    edited March 2014
    Options
    98 was the year I graduated from college. UW-Madison mascot is the badger.
  • 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited March 2014
    Options
    4xoddic -> has 2 plausible excuses:

1) Owned a 24' 1986 Odyssey RV w/Toyota 4WD chassis w/personalized plates "4XODDIC."

2) Have had a prosthetic L eye since 2001 & ALL our vehicles are 4WD; phonetically = "four by odd eye see."
  • WastelandWand'r
    WastelandWand'r Posts: 466
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I could probably make a crack about 'seeing Russia' but I can't so I won't.
    A few more years and I will be popping smoke out of here and some place warmer.
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2014
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »

FWIW: Here's a thread kinda like this one from 2004-2007 What does your screen name mean?

Some good folks in that link that don't visit these days.......shame really.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jed Leland
    Jed Leland Posts: 183
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Mine is from a character in Citizen Kane.
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2014
    Options
    warlocks1 wrote: »
    the Grateful Dead were not allowed to play at the Hampton Coliseum in VA due to crowd history. So they billed themselves as
    The Warlocks. Best Dead show I was ever at.

I only missed Hampton in 87, I was living in California at the time. Love Hampton, Love GD. 89 was fun!
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2014
    Options
    R-first initial
    Romeo- last name
    923-Month and Day I first kissed my wife. (I am a Romeo!)
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited March 2014
    Options
    well raised them for yrs and I will never be without one. Pi$$ me off see a whole other side of tenacity...Really I'm a very easy going guy...to a point:lol:
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited March 2014
    Options
    back in my competitive softball days, I had a tendency to hate losing more than I liked winning. I was pretty hard on myself, and if we lost and got knocked out of a tourney, I would often times be the first guy to leave the field and get in my car and drive home...immature. SO my nickname became Krabby and it stuck for years...I wore number 5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    edited March 2014
    Options
    XJ = The jeep I drive and beat on!
    Ghost = what we called my first xj because it was white and scary to drive!

iPhone634_zps5c3b1c61.jpg
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited March 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Some good folks in that link that don't visit these days.......shame really.

Hammer, nail, head.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/