RTiA Home Theater System

Options
falconcry72
falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
edited October 2013 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I am considering down-sizing my HT system to use the funds elsewhere. If I were to do this, I would move to an all RTiA system. I won't know if it's worth it without hearing them in my room, so I'd like to give'em a go. I'm looking for the following, used but in great shape:

- RTiA7's in cherry
- CSiA6 in cherry
- FXiA6's in black

Let me know if you have any of these to get rid of. Thanks.
2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
Post edited by falconcry72 on

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I believe Kevhead has some fxia6's in black, along with some A9's and a csia6 all in black I would buy his center from him if he sells his other speakers, you should shoot him a pm.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What happened to the LSiM's?
  • falconcry72
    edited October 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Do you get a new girlfriend each week too?

This is more of a "what if" experiment. I'm expecting that I'll end up keeping the Ushers, but who knows... if I can get 80% of the performance at 20% of the cost, that would be hard to say no to.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • falconcry72
    edited October 2013
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    What happened to the LSiM's?

Oh they're still around... I think I actually have one of every model in the house right now. They all need to go... except the 703's. They'll be hitting the flea market soon... along with a bunch of other gear. It's time to purge.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,800
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've got what you're looking for, but there's no way I'm selling them :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• falconcry72
    edited October 2013
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I've got what you're looking for, but there's no way I'm selling them :)

I take it you like them then?

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh they're still around... I think I actually have one of every model in the house right now. They all need to go... except the 703's. They'll be hitting the flea market soon... along with a bunch of other gear. It's time to purge.

Any chance you have the larger center your trying to launch....
  • falconcry72
    edited October 2013
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Any chance you have the larger center your trying to launch....

yep.

• F1nut
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I take it you like them then?

Yes, for HT purposes only.

At first I found them a bit hot on top, but after break in, MIT Shotgun cables and jumpers, custom stainless steel spikes, hurricane nuts with stainless steel cap screws (a real bit(h of a job) and some AVR tweaking I'm really happy with their performance.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Crap.... your not making me happy Jesse :smile:...

I had an offer to do a swap for my LSi system (15's, C, F/x's) for a set of RTi A's (9's, A6, FX's)..... I was in debates if for a 70/30 HT/Music rig it would be worth it.... might be able to get some cash added to the deal since my LSi's are a MUCH higher dollar speaker than the RTi A's, but still debating myself...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I had an offer to do a swap for my LSi system (15's, C, F/x's) for a set of RTi A's (9's, A6, FX's)..... I was in debates if for a 70/30 HT/Music rig it would be worth it....

Dan, maybe this will make you feel better. I tried the A7's in the HT rig for 2 channel music just to hear it, I won't try that again. That said, you have to consider my 2 channel rigs are on an entirely different level.

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dan is also waving that carrot in front of my nose...but then I have a reputation to maintain as the LSi hoarder...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip