Just bought a 5 channel klipsh kl thx system

Options
polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
edited October 2013 in Speakers
Man I have always wanted to try these and next to an SRT system they have been at the top of my list for quite some time. I have a Martin Logan sub to fill the bottom end so no problem there for the kl 650's and 550's. I want to see how good they go against the Martin Logan as nothing has had them beaten yet....

When I ever decide if I want to stay in this part of town and get a house then the full SRT or something else equally monsterious will be on the cards but for now I am seeking thrills in smaller packages.

The speakers are going out via freight truck Monday so hopefully they get here and I can do a full report.
Post edited by polkfarmboy on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've Installed the Kl650 system with 2 Klispch THX subs, it freaking rocks dude. Love that system
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Whats the placement like Dan? As you already know the Logans are crap for off axis listening, I am hoping that if some friends come over it will sound as good to them as it would to me
  • mantis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've done then recessed into walls with a Perforated screen in front of them. Off axis is excellent. They fill the room fully. They sound like real movie theater paper driver like with killer dynamics. This is one thing you will like over the Logans which are not very dynamic unless you drive the hell out of them. The Klipsch scream dude.
    They need to be properly calibrated and placed properly like any other speaker but they really fill the room well. I'm not really liking the Martin logan sub with them, You should invest in the THX Klispch matching subs. They fill out the bottom end perfectly with that series speaker. They are designed to work together not be mixed and matched.

For theater they will beat your logans.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wish I had some pic's of that job , it came out awesome.
    Dan
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dan your the man, those are the kind of words I was hoping to hear. Interesting about the subs as I thought a subs a sub, well I may go down that road after more research. The reason I stuck with 5 is for proper placement as 7 would not work as well as it would in others environments. I will be letting the Anthem d2 handle the rest via ARC but if I love the klipsch then it may open new doors for another preamp or receiver as the main reason for choosing Anthem is that is the only one that has worked with the electrostats
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The speakers are going out via freight truck Monday so hopefully they get here and I can do a full report.

That isn't the same shipping company tasked with shipping the Boxster, is it? Hope not! ;-p
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Maybe it will be installed in the Boxster????
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They're coming in the trunk...err boot of that Boxster. Another toy to come brag here about.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Man I have always wanted to try these and next to an SRT system they have been at the top of my list for quite some time. I have a Martin Logan sub to fill the bottom end so no problem there for the kl 650's and 550's. I want to see how good they go against the Martin Logan as nothing has had them beaten yet....

When I ever decide if I want to stay in this part of town and get a house then the full SRT or something else equally monsterious will be on the cards but for now I am seeking thrills in smaller packages.

You're in for a real treat my man.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    nguyendot wrote: »
    Another toy to come brag here about.

If the concept is too hard then let me help you out. This is an audio forum and its all about sharing ones experience and in the process you get feedback from others.
  • nguyendot
    edited October 2013
    Options
    My feedback is you just come to gloat. Need I remind you about the Porsche (not an audio product mind you) that you came here bragging about? Go ahead and close that mouth, you already have too many feet in it.

Next time you're in town, let's see if you can keep in in that Boxster.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

• polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    nguyendot wrote: »
    My feedback is you just come to gloat. Need I remind you about the Porsche (not an audio product mind you) that you came here bragging about? Go ahead and close that mouth, you already have too many feet in it.

Next time you're in town, let's see if you can keep in in that Boxster.

Lol what the hell are you talking buddy?

Strange but you dont say this kind of stuff to anyone else that has posted about their car here?
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's cause no one else posts idiotic BS like you do! Yet you somehow seem surprised by peoples responses here! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You and that nyguy should get booted off the forum, you cant have a civil discussion thats relative to the topic
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Erm....you are on an internet forum. Hope you enjoy those speakers though.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nguyendot
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lol what the hell are you talking buddy?

Strange but you dont say this kind of stuff to anyone else that has posted about their car here?

They actually have possession of it... and credibility.

You have neither.
    Main Surround -

• nguyendot
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You and that nyguy should get booted off the forum, you cant have a civil discussion thats relative to the topic

Pot, or kettle?
    Main Surround -

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Speaking of subs, why not get a good one like the Seaton Submersive, PSA, SVS,HSU, Rythmik,Danley,JTR Orbital Shifter?
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I was looking at the subs Dan mentioned on ebay and just the amp for them is like $1500?
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I was looking at the subs Dan mentioned on ebay and just the amp for them is like $1500?
    But of course, forgive me, I am an idiot. The sub Dan suggested looks like a very fine sub.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Always liked Klipsch for HT. Probably the way I would go for a dedicated system. Sure you'll enjoy them.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If I could have anything for a pure HT setup that'd be it, or an all RF-& based system. Either way that'll be a scary dynamic, and worlds different from a ML setup. Let us know how you like it and post some pics!
  • mantis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Looking forward to reading your thoughts.
    Dan
  • polkfarmboy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well my speakers are arriving tonight by freight and..... I cannot wait !