Pioneer SC-37
    RTiA9-fronts
    CSiA6-center
    RT55i-surrounds
    SVS PB13 Ultra & PSW650
    Monster Power 3250 amp
    Monster Power 2250 amp
    Monster Power HDP-2500 surge pro.

Denon 3805,CS400i,RT25i's & FX500i's sitting in the basement collecting dust
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prayers sent. He will get through this.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Any chance of setting up a Polkie get well gift of some kind? Nothing says love like a giant stuffed bear in a white Matt Polk lab coat!:cheesygrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited July 2013
    Options
    May God smile on the little one.
  • heartystatue
    heartystatue Posts: 329
    edited July 2013
    Options
    He will be in our prayers. I'm sure they will figure out what is wrong. Keep your chin up and keep us posted on his progress. I had the same thing happen to me when I was 3 years old. I was taken to many different military hospitals and seen by many Doctors. They couldnt figure out was was wrong with me and put me in a body cast. After several months they had to take off the cast due to all the sores on my body. My mom was giving me a bath and noticed an unusual sore at the base of my spine, she started scratching ay it and when the scab lcame off she could see a bug under my skin. Turned out I was bitten by a diseased tick. It was removed and A week later I was almost normal. Just crazy.
    HT: LSI15, LSIC, LSIFX, Emo XPA-3:biggrin: Onkyo TXNR809, Sony BDP-S500, PannyDMP-BDT320, MIT S1 SC. Mit 73842dlp
    2ch: SDA-SRS 2.3 Fully modded. BAT VK500 w/batpak, BAT VK5I, Essence HDACC.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The father of two little ones...my heart goes out.

Prayers and positive thoughts sent his way.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • c_nitty
    c_nitty Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Options
    GOD heal him and bless your family.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OK, so we have a update. I will just repost what Facebook says:
    We have been here less than 24 hours and we have a diagnosis - transverse myelitis. It's an auto immune disorder of the spine and his electrical wiring which goes to his legs is stripped and/or damaged. We will continue on steroids and start physical therapy and pray for some change. His legs have hyper reflexes and are stiff but he is still not moving them. its definitely not as simple as I'm poorly describing it, but it is a start (hope the docs don't change their minds on what it is). The good news is that eventually (but no idea when) we will go home and continue onward as an outpatient at Erlanger

So it looks like he gets to join the families auto-immune support group consisting of myself and my brother and him :sad:. So they know what it is so now its time to pray for a fast recovery.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2013
    Options
    We'll keep praying for the little guy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prayers sent for little John and family!
    Carl

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Praying for a good resolution to your cousin's problems, Dan. Scary stuff for such a little guy.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prayers sent. Always the hardest with the little ones...
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I started to cry when I read the op. My wife and I are praying for you and your family! I have a 10 month old son and can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through. You are in our prayers, and wish you a well recovery!
    God Bless!!
    Frank & Diana.
    My Aunt and Uncle have a 6 month old son named John. On Thursday last week when my uncle went to wake him up from his nap he was unable to move anything below his waist. He has spent the last week in the ICU in Chattanooga TN. After 3 MRI's, 2 Spinal Taps and a bunch of doctors looking at him they are unable to figure out what caused the paralysis.

Today we just got word they are transferring him to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville TN. He isn't showing signs he is in pain, but he is still unable to control any muscles from his waist down.

We have been praying hard for them as they go through this struggle with their son and any prayers folks from the forum would like to offer up would be greatly appreciated.

More than likely we are going to head down there this weekend so we can sit with them in the ICU, run and get them food and generally take care of them so they are able to focus on him 24/7. As a new parent I cannot image what they are going through.

So say a prayer for them tonight before you go to bed. I know I will be.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Many prayers my friend, I have an idea myself of the pain and agony this creates. May your family find the strength and may the little guy recover as quick as possible.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited July 2013
    Options
    They are heading home today to begin physical therapy, and we are super pumped!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Our prayers are still with him EndersShadow. When their little like that it hits everyone hard. Hang in there
    Randy/Maine
  • playback
    playback Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Prayers sent for all involved.