Hello from Cleveland

Inthefade
Inthefade Posts: 180
edited June 2013 in Forum Testing Area
Newbe from Ohio.

I got bit by the bug when I bought a Fisher 500c. Listened to it with a set of bose 301's. I didnt care for the sound so asked on AudioKarma what speakers they would recommend. Great suggestions over there but most hard to come by or high price on fleabay. While scrolling through the "list" I found some 2b's. great price and mint, well one scratch on the top but have to be close to see it.

My plan is to modify them as budget allows.

I've been trying the search bar but not finding things so easy. I'm new to it all so please be a little forgiving....
Post edited by Inthefade on

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2013
    Welcome fellow Buckeye! The folks here pretty smart and mostly happy to help. Enjoy the Sda's.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2013
    Welcome from The Mistake on the Lake. Eastside or West ?
  • Speedskater
    Speedskater Posts: 495
    edited June 2013
    Which part of Cleveland?
    I'm near Lakewood Park.
  • Inthefade
    edited June 2013
    Well I grew up on the westside of Cleveland. Moved to Lakewood when I was young. Graduated from Garfeild hts. Now live in Parma (and can't get out)
  • heartystatue
    heartystatue Posts: 329
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to CP. There is a plethera of info in here for everything Polk and just about every speaker and amp, rec. Try checking out the forums. I'm sure you will find some answers you are looking for. Happy reading!
    HT: LSI15, LSIC, LSIFX, Emo XPA-3:biggrin: Onkyo TXNR809, Sony BDP-S500, PannyDMP-BDT320, MIT S1 SC. Mit 73842dlp
    2ch: SDA-SRS 2.3 Fully modded. BAT VK500 w/batpak, BAT VK5I, Essence HDACC.
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    Lived in Lakewood too. Now in Brooklyn by the Zoo. Used to take my kids to Lakewood Park, great place for the fireworks. We should all grab a beer sometime.
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to Club Polk. I grew up in Shaker Heights and Pepper Pike.

Upgrade and other great SDA info can be found here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?133384-All-the-Polk-SDA-upgrades-located-in-one-place!
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited June 2013
    All kinds of Cleveland polkies. Perhaps this is why the Cleveland C'list always has the nice polk stuff.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Inthefade
    edited June 2013
    chumlie wrote: »
    Lived in Lakewood too. Now in Brooklyn by the Zoo. Used to take my kids to Lakewood Park, great place for the fireworks. We should all grab a beer sometime.

If I can find some free time I will take you up on that offer.
  • Inthefade
    edited June 2013
    I dig the east side but only visit a few times a year.

I have to be honest, I didn't give Polk much thought. After the 2b's I really appreciate them. Sound great with tubes. I'll lurk C'list for more Polk. It's for sure an addiction.
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    Inthefade wrote: »
    If I can find some free time I will take you up on that offer.
    Cool, maybe Speedskaters a beer drinker too. Shoot me a PM anytime.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to the club.

Cleveland huh ?
    I remember hearing something about them once having a resemblance of a football team....or was that baseball, no...maybe hockey ? :cheesygrin:

Just yankin' your chain, welcome again and enjoy the forum.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Scott254
    Scott254 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I had to chime in here since I'm a new member and I was born and raised in South Euclid and my dad has been there and Cleveland Hts. most of his life. Yes it's ever so flustrating to be a Cleveland sports fan, at least since 1964, lol. I'm a long time Polk owner... :cheesygrin:
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    Welcome to the club.

Cleveland huh ?
    I remember hearing something about them once having a resemblance of a football team....or was that baseball, no...maybe hockey ? :cheesygrin:

You forgot about our basketball team :mad:
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited June 2013
    Cleveland has a hockey team?
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    Cleveland has a hockey team?
    Lake Erie Monsters ( minor for Colorodo ). We used to have The Barons.
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited June 2013
    AHL, gotcha.
  • Inthefade
    edited June 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    Welcome to the club.
    Cleveland huh ?

The exact reason I do not watch Cleveland sports. Not even when the "talent in Miami" playd ball (and threw a playoff game here) Collage basketball for me only.
  • DJMarty
    DJMarty Posts: 6
    edited June 2013