Polk 7B Driver question

Options
tentoze
tentoze Posts: 133
edited June 2004 in Troubleshooting
I got a pair of 7B's by FedEx today, and when pulling them out of the shipping boxes, one of them obviously had something pretty substantial moving around inside. Took out the PR and found the magnet from the 6.5 driver in the bottom of the cabinet. Soooo, it looks like I need a replacement. The Polk QC sticker on the magnet says the driver is an MW6500, but when I looked on the parts page here, it indicated that 7B's had MW6502's. I'm confused. Can anyone unconfuse me as to what driver I should buy to replace this one?
Post edited by tentoze on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Looks like a 6502 is the right driver. What does the other driver say? Best bet, call Ken Swauger at Polk.....he knows all.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2004
    Options
    This is a guy who FINALLY got his speakers from Scott Trigg after some serious poking and prodding behind the scenes.

It would be really nice if someone here would step up to the plate and either GIVE this gentlemen a driver, or cut him a really good deal on one. He's a good guy I've conversed with on another forum, and just wants to listen to his Polks.

Someone help the man out here.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Ah yes, I thought I recognized that name. Welcome to the forum!

As for the driver, none here...sorry.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I bet if he explained the situation to Ken, etc - Ken will offer him a real good price or free.

FWIW
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tentoze
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks to all for the welcome, and the advice. The other driver is also a 6500, not 6502, so dang if I now what's right or wrong for these speaks. Guess a call to Polk is on 2morrow's agenda.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Tentoze congrats! I hope you scared the **** out of him.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • tentoze
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by George Grand
    Tentoze congrats! I hope you scared the **** out of him.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)

Thanks, George. I ain't very scary, just tenacious.

:D
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Welcome to Polk Land.
    You welcomed me when I (tony2v at AK and AA) joined AK. You'll recognize some of the same characters over here.