MIT speaker cable for your AI-1/Dreadnaught

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
edited April 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a quantity of MIT bi-wire speaker cable available for making custom AI-1/Dreadnaught cables. This is labeled MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire and comes with a light gray Techflex type braided sleeve outer cover. This is bulk cable, there are no network boxes (can't be used with the AI-1/Dreadnaught anyway) and is not terminated allowing you to choose your preferred method. The wire and the wiring configuration are exactly the same as the Shotgun cables, which in bulk from MIT is $50.00 a foot. This will be considerably less.

Available:

Two 8 foot cables, total 16 feet - $125.00
Two 10 foot cables, total 20 feet - $150.00
One 16 foot cable or two 8 foot cables (will cut it if you want) - $125.00

Shipping via USPS Priority Flat Rate - $16.85

Payment - PayPal add 3%. Personal check or USPS MO, if I know you.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2013
    Jesse, can you buy the Iconn ends to terminate these cables from MIT? Not the spades and bananas, but the actual screw on (to connect the spades/bananas) terminals? Also, do you know how easy it is to terminate this cable with them? I am interested in the 10 ft. cables.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited April 2013
    Sorry Jesse. Stupid question. I just looked at the MIT web site and see they sell them on there at $29.00 for a set of four. How easy is it to terminate the cable (non-biwire of course, but shotgun style) using these connector pins?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Yes, you can buy the actual screw on part from MIT, Joe Abrams or on eBay. Termination basically involves cutting away multiple layers to expose all the different copper wires. I can instruct you on how to do it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    There are two separate runs inside the outer cover. Inside of each run are two more separate runs and inside of that are two more separate runs. There are also two individual solid core wires that run outside of the first two runs. It's just a matter of cutting back the different layers.

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited April 2013
    I am very interested . . .
    F1nut wrote: »
    There are two separate runs inside the outer cover. Inside of each run are two more separate runs and inside of that are two more separate runs. There are also two individual solid core wires that run outside of the first two runs. It's just a matter of cutting back the different layers.

So in affect, one 8 footer per side would allow for one pin/blade connection? Or would I use a lesser quality cable for the blade connection?
    This is the last little part of my AI-1 project to complete. I don't get how they terminate. I was going to remove the original P/B socket and replace with Cardas CCCRG? and use one banana and one spade and terminate both together. Will that work?

TY

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited April 2013
    PM sent . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    So in affect, one 8 footer per side would allow for one pin/blade connection? Or would I use a lesser quality cable for the blade connection?

Yes.
    No.
    I was going to remove the original P/B socket and replace with Cardas CCCRG? and use one banana and one spade and terminate both together. Will that work?

You would connect one run to the new binding post, that would be your pin connection. The other you would have to connect to one of the exsiting negative binding posts. In other words, you can't use the new post to make both connections.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Update:

Two 8 foot cables, total 16 feet - SOLD

Available:

Two 10 foot cables, total 20 feet - $150.00

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    edited April 2013
    PM sent for the 10 footers Jesse.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Update:

Two 8 foot cables, total 16 feet - SOLD
    Two 10 foot cables, total 20 feet - SOLD

Available:

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2013
    Hi Jesse,
    I'll take the 16 footer.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    madmax wrote: »
    Hi Jesse,
    I'll take the 16 footer.
    madmax

I'm waiting to hear back from GlennDog. I'll let you know.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Please mark these as SOLD.

Thank you guys. :cool:

President of Club Polk