Would Circuit City consider....

Options
OrangeToupee
OrangeToupee Posts: 488
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
... giving back RT800i's in exchange for RTi70's an upgrade? Is it strictly money that makes the difference, or is it also based on model? The reason I'm asking you and not asking them is because, for some reason, they don't pick up their phone at my location. I actually have to drive the fifteen minutes for a response.
Post edited by OrangeToupee on

Comments

• mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited March 2002
    Options
    you can trade them in as long as you pay more for the new ones;

rt800's -> $500

rti70's -> $550

since the newer speakers cost more, you can trade in your 800's and pay an extra 50 bucks plus tax for the newer models, however:

rt800's -> $650

rti70's -> $625

in this case, you wouldn't be able to trade up unless you decided to buy the 70's and say a pair of 25's. from what i know, you can only do this one time, so you might want to make sure you get a good deal out of it.

joe :D
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    Options
    the latter is true...some stores will let you upgrade more than once..depends on who ya know./.and how much more your willing to spend...and mayb what your trading in....
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I've only got eleven days left to attempt an upgrade, and I don't have an interest in powered towers, so I think I have to hope that the RTi70 is more expensive than my RT800i. My 800i's are in beautiful condition, so I don't expect that to be an issue.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    Options
    CC is soooo lax on the trade in thing...they say you can only do it once, but I got my 1000s returned , not upgraded, for the 800s, and I got $130 back! (bought some cable, and got 100 back actually). I also 'upgraded' my cs245 for a cs400 a month or two ago and they didn't even mark it on my original sales receipt. I think you can get away with this. Go in and tell them you're going to trade in your 800s and you want to demo. Hint at the 70s and a pair of 25s or something like that. Then come back a couple days letter and tell the same guy you picked up the 25s at another CC (make up some reason) and tell him you just want to trade for the 70s. chances are they'll do it. Or, just get a couple accesories until you're $1 over the cost of the 800s and there you go!