Group buy: Avel Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformers for DreadNought

1235»

Comments

• Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited December 2012
    drumminman wrote: »
    Don't know how Canada Post Office works but here stuff occasionally gets delivered to the wrong house. I'd check up and down your street to see if it was delivered to any of your neighbors.

If that was in fact the case, I wouldn't have received a delivery notice card. It shows that they attempted delivery just after 12 Thursday. Everything about that is also recorded in the scans. It was scanned for delivery when the driver pulled up and scanned again when he put it back in the truck. Canada Post is honestly very good and this is the first incident of its kind I've ever experienced. When it comes to family and friends and commercial operations who utilize them, I've never heard of anything like this happening. So it is indeed a unique circumstance.

Also a signature would be electronic and posted publicly on the website to show who in fact signed for it. I going to assume it was mistakenly left on the truck or the driver took it. Medium sized box, $300 value, heavy... it happens unfortunately... but those kinds of actions I would expect from other, larger companies who deliver packages... I wont name names.
  • Drenis
    edited December 2012
    Received a call from Canada Post. My parcel is at the store waiting for me...and was there the whole time! Apparently some customs paperwork was ripped off and they held the package to gather information to see if they could release it to me or not. I'm not sure I by that story and am still quite pissed about being lied too. If someone put out to have the parcel held, then tell me! State the issue and what your doing about it instead of lying to my face by saying it's not there when it really is! The postal outlet will certainly hear about that when I pick it up. My question is if the paperwork was missing or damaged, how did the driver attempt delivery within Canada Posts procedures AND request payment? Because it was clearly stated on the card there was fee's owing.

Obviously someone f'd up and is covering up with some silly story.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited December 2012
    Drenis, when you pick it up, be careful how you lift it -- no hernias or herniated disks! :wink:
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited December 2012
    Merry Christmas! So.... Just wondering if anyone other than me has built their 1000VA Dready yet?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Drenis
    edited December 2012
    I finally picked mine up from the post office. The box was a wreak but the tranny was flawless. Can't believe how big and heavy this thing is!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited December 2012
    nspindel wrote: »
    Merry Christmas! So.... Just wondering if anyone other than me has built their 1000VA Dready yet?

Merry Christmas to all!!

My hesitation is (in part) to the wiring. Is it the same as the 800? I cannot find any mention of different wiring. PLEASE confirm

TY

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited December 2012
    I cut and pasted the information below from one or more of the threads about construction of the 1000VA AI-1 transformer and saved it for my notes. This is how I built mine, and it works superbly.

The wires on the AV-047528 use the same color scheme and parallel connections as the Y236906:

For the Y236906 800KVA transformer, the Avel-Lindberg website has a chart for parallel connection of Y23 series transformers showing the primary positive terminal attached to the gray & brown wires and the ground terminal attached to the blue & violet wires. The dots indicate the corresponding + or - terminals on the primary and secondary sides to maintain correct polarity and phase.

The red and yellow wires on the secondary side should be attached to the positive terminal and the black and orange wires to the negative terminal.

My connections at the speakers are:

Right Pin (+): Red and Yellow wires.
    Right Blade (-): Black and Orange wires.

Left Pin (+): Grey and Brown wires.
    Left Blade (-): Blue and Violet wires

In other words, to parallel, put 0 to 0V negative (blue & violet) and 115 to 115V positive ( grey & brown) on the primary side and 0 to 0V negative (orange & black) and 115 to 115 positive (yellow & red) on the secondary side.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • nspindel
    edited December 2012
    Correct, exactly the same as the 800. I just used my 800 as a guide and it worked perfectly.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited December 2012
    THANKS Drumm !

ty Neil !

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited January 2013
    Are there any of these transformers left? If so let me buy it please if not maybe tell me where I may purchase.:rolleyes:
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • nspindel
    edited January 2013
    Sorry. No, there are none left, and it's not possible to just purchase a single unit. Avel Lindberg will only do a run of these with a minimum purchase of 10 units, that's why I organized this group-buy. I was soliciting people to join the group for over a month. Your only option is either to purchase a smaller transformer, or put together a group-buy of your own.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited January 2013
    Michael, I've built Dreadnoughts with both the 800VA and 1000VA trannys from A-L. The performance of the DN using the former is probably 80-85% of the DN using the latter. IOW, the smaller tranny still makes a very good AI-1, and produces easy to hear improvements in clarity and soundstage.

The 800VA is available off the shelf, and is considerably cheaper.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited January 2013
    Thank you very kindly sirs. I will try and find the avel lindberg on line.:razz:
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.