Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2012
    Oh, I see, keep the deals for members. Members that have 100 posts that is?? Hmmmm

Yes I know the 100 post thing is a hot topic, but I simply wanted to point out those other threads. Feel free to post there, or here, whatever floats your boat....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited December 2012
    Yes I know the 100 post thing is a hot topic, but I simply wanted to point out those other threads. Feel free to post there, or here, whatever floats your boat....

You sure do have a thing with people floating boats?? Are you also a member BoatsrUs.com??:lol::lol:
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited December 2012
    You don't need a 100 post count to view the WTB section.
  • Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    edited December 2012
    Malbec wrote: »
    You don't need a 100 post count to view the WTB section.

Yes, just confirmed it.
    I logged out and I could still access that page so forget post counts, I don't even have to be Polkaudio member. :eek:

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • vstarkwell
    vstarkwell Posts: 328
    edited December 2012
    Eh, its technically in the Flea Market which consists of a "Wanted" section and a "For Sale" section. Whatever floats your boat, but keep in mind anything you post on this thread can be searched and viewed by any person on the web, forum member or not.

So while you think you may be posting a screaming deal you found for Forum members to get some SDA's, you might actually just be helping someone who never joins the forum snag them from a fellow Polk Member that wants em...

Agreed with Endershadow, plus it's just the same 2 or 3 people posting. I always used to like this section of CP cause of the informative threads, insights and sometime awesome pics of refurbs.

246 posts in this thread:
    92 by one member alone
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012
    vstarkwell wrote: »
    Agreed with Endershadow, plus it's just the same 2 or 3 people posting. I always used to like this section of CP cause of the informative threads, insights and sometime awesome pics of refurbs.

246 posts in this thread:
    92 by one member alone

Glad someone's taking inventory!! It's a thread talking about SDA deals for crying out loud. If you don't like it, don't look. Sometimes there a deal, sometimes there's not!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • vstarkwell
    edited December 2012
    Glad someone's taking inventory!! It's a thread talking about SDA deals for crying out loud. If you don't like it, don't look. Sometimes there a deal, sometimes there's not!

As mentioned multiple times there already is a thread* for "SDA deals" it was started in 2005.

* http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?29951-Looking-for-SDA-s-Updated-info-here!
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited December 2012
    As mentioned multiple times there already is a thread* for "SDA deals" it was started in 2005.

* http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?29951-Looking-for-SDA-s-Updated-info-here!

Agreed and that's where it should stay...
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012

yeah, didn't see it before. I see this one though?? If that's the main macoomba thread for sharing SDA deals, sticky it. I would have added to it if I would have seen it. I am not good with hunting threads, but that one looks good too! More deals the merrier!
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited December 2012
    I agree delete this entire thread and make the older one a sticky
    yeah, didn't see it before. I see this one though?? If that's the main macoomba thread for sharing SDA deals, sticky it. I would have added to it if I would have seen it. I am not good with hunting threads, but that one looks good too! More deals the merrier!
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited December 2012
    It is and has been a sticky folks
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012
    It is and has been a sticky folks

Not sticking in this venue very good, or maybe my meds have me blind????:eek:
  • PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    Interested in a pair of original Polk SDA's?

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1354658121&openflup&1&4
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to see what condition those are in for sure. No I'm not replacing my 1B's. but my oldest son is getting the itch now and might get a set of his own?
  • PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    Polk Audio SDA 2B floor-standing speakers in near perfect original condition.
    The speaker surrounds are also in excellent condition, with no signs of any deterioration.

The top and bottom of the speaker cabinets are oak, in a light color as noted in the pics.
    (Actual color of the wood is lighter than shows in the pics).

The original Polk Manual and original Polk SDA Interconnect cable are included in the sale.
    the original owner of the speakers.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/3481901452.html
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited December 2012
    Is this a good deal?? its in my area and I have been wanting to get into some vintage stuff.
    http://santafe.craigslist.org/ele/3441050373.html
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • Mystery
    edited December 2012
    tommyt21 wrote: »
    Is this a good deal?? its in my area and I have been wanting to get into some vintage stuff.
    http://santafe.craigslist.org/ele/3441050373.html
    Get those 12's now.
    Very good price.

• Mystery
    edited December 2012
    SRS 3.1TL --> $450.
    http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/3489971573.html
    ***POLK AUDIO SRS- 3.1 tl FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS - $450 (Thornton)
    Date: 2012-12-19, 3:44PM MST
    tgxwk-3489971573@sale.craigslist.org[?]
    These are a great pair of floor standing speakers.

SIZE: 13 3/8" deep, 15 3/4" wide and 48" high.
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 15 Hz-26kHz, 3dB Limits 35Hz-20kHz
    Compatible with 8 ohm outputs.

Musical images are placed with pin-point precision across a sound stage of incredible depth and width. Line Source Technology.

• audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited December 2012
    Oooooooo, I don't have a set of 3.1TL's yet. :cheesygrin:
  • Mystery
    edited December 2012
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Oooooooo, I don't have a set of 3.1TL's yet. :cheesygrin:
    Get them Alan!
    I just got 2B's and no space also $450 is little too high than what I wanted to spend.

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2012
    Wow...I wish I lived near Detroit as I'd pick up those SDA 2Bs. The challenge with buying large and heavy speakers like the Polk SDA and SRS series is finidng a pair locally because there is no way those things can be shipped. Besides risk of shipping, can you imagine what it would cost to ship those speakers? I hope I can find a pair of SDA 2Bs in that price rannge in the NY or Boston area.
  • PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    They can be shipped tell them you are not in a hurry so that they can consolidate trips.

http://www.uship.com/
    pglbook wrote: »
    Wow...I wish I lived near Detroit as I'd pick up those SDA 2Bs. The challenge with buying large and heavy speakers like the Polk SDA and SRS series is finidng a pair locally because there is no way those things can be shipped. Besides risk of shipping, can you imagine what it would cost to ship those speakers? I hope I can find a pair of SDA 2Bs in that price rannge in the NY or Boston area.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the shipping tip. I assume shipping cost will be prohibitive but I hope I am wrong about that. I will check it out but I do not want to pay as much for shipping as for the speakers. I know they weigh a ton. Thanks again.
  • villock
    villock Posts: 72
    edited December 2012
    SDA SRS's with all new tweets. $1,800.00 High? No affiliation.

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/3467482839.html
    SDA SRS 2.3tls; RDO 198's, Dynamatted, Armaflexed, Gimpod Boards, Crossovers by quadzilla: Clarity ESA 630V, Mills Resistors, Track Audio Spikes, Musky's Curly Maple Caps
    CSi5, FXi5, Rythmik D15SE sub, Pro-Ject Xpression III/Ortofon MC-3 Turbo. Pro-Ject Speed Box. Pro-Ject Tube Box II
  • PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    Tweets are $48*8 tweets +tax $450 that's about right.
    But I think $1250 is correct.
    TLS would be $1500 IMHO, thanks.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012
    Lot of speaker right there!!
  • PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    Well I did not see it when I started it so take me out and shoot me.:cry: Besides it isn't for SDA's only it's for Monitors too.:cheesygrin:

• PolkieMan
    edited December 2012
    Nobody wants these? really? maybe it's the location that hurts them cause they are 1C's if they were in Houston well do I need to say anything here?:razz:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Polk-Audio-SDA-1-Right-Left-Stereo-Speakers-Monitors-/150965833911?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item232643d0b7
  • tophatjohnny
    edited December 2012
    I knew someone would grab em. Not my thing when seller says normal wear, as what is normal to one may not be normal to another. Same as when someone says mint and then sends ya pics of dusty **** speakers. What's minty about DUST??:razz:
  • vstarkwell
    edited December 2012
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Well I did not see it when I started it so take me out and shoot me.:cry: Besides it isn't for SDA's only it's for Monitors too.:cheesygrin:

One more time and here's hoping you two get it, THIS section is for "Vintage Speakers" which is listed under "Special Interests" with a sub header that says "A forum dedicated to your hobbies & interests in audio." note it does not mention anything about deals, scores, etc;

Now as I posted last time, I was trying to point out that there was another section which is called

"Wanted (WTB) Classifieds"
    Looking for something specific? Post your WTB ads here"

Above mentioned section has a sticky, started a little over 7 years ago, specifically for SDA's as seen below

"Sticky: Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!"

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?29951-Looking-for-SDA-s-Updated-info-here!

Right below that it also has another sticky as seen below

Sticky: Looking for Vintage RTA / Monitor's? Updated info here!
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?97790-Looking-for-Vintage-RTA-Monitor-s-Updated-info-here

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and wanting to share but seriously it's pretty much just a back and forth conversation between you two.
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes