Children...

Options
Upstatemax
Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
edited November 2012 in The Clubhouse
My daughter (almost 2yrs old) is amazingly good about leaving my gear alone. Her new favorite album of mine is Joe Bonamassa @ Royal Albert. The most she does is grab the cd case and come up to me saying, "I want to hear Joe Bona-nna-nna-masssssa".

How can I say no?!

Well, my buddy came over and his year and a half old son, not so good. Little man got his hands on that cd case... Disc 2 was in my Marantz already so only Disc 1 was in the case. Well, Disc 1 is NOWHERE to be found... Lol

Looks like I'm buying that album again. Because, if I do end up finding it, I don't think it's going to be in the best shape...

Had the damn album for 2.5 weeks.

End rant/ :redface:
Post edited by Upstatemax on

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do the same thing. I open a CD and it is empty, so I have to rebuy it. A year or so later I will open a little played CD, and there are two CDs in it! How does that happen. I suspect beer is involved. You should not let children drink your beer. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's on top of the lamp.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My bet is under some furniture. Or the kid and the family pet are in on it together.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Should have demanded his daddy do a diaper check before leaving your premises!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You guys are still spinning CD's :razz: Solve the problem...move on up to the new digital age.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Harder to lose an lp :cheesygrin:
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Check the guest bathroom toilet! LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ah yes, the "children of the corn" type. I don't let them come within 5 feet of any electronics, dvd's, even remotes. The worse person with cd's was actually the wife but since took Phils advice and problem solved.

Your cd is probably resting somewhere in the kids room, all scratched up. Count it as gone anyway. Next time little Damian comes over, fill a squirt bottle with Holy water.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited November 2012
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    The worse person with cd's was actually the wife

SAME here! My wife will finish listening to a cd take it out and lay it on top of the power amp. Irritates the hell out of me.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2012
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Ah yes, the "children of the corn" type. I don't let them come within 5 feet of any electronics, dvd's, even remotes. The worse person with cd's was actually the wife but since took Phils advice and problem solved.

Your cd is probably resting somewhere in the kids room, all scratched up. Count it as gone anyway. Next time little Damian comes over, fill a squirt bottle with Holy water.

Now that's funny!

Yeah kids don't know any better. When my son was in elementary school he managed to drop a small toy soldier into the VCR and screw it up. I took it to a repair guy because I was "too Stupid" to just open it up and look inside, which he did and removed the toy, dangling it in front of me, "You have any kids?", he said with a smile!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah kids love that stuff, my 3yo asked for speakers for chirstmas.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited November 2012
    Options
    look in the cat box
  • Upstatemax
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ha. Some great responses.

They were "caged" in the living room and its nowhere to be found. I'm flat out impressed.

I'll give it another 24hrs and I'm just going to re-order it...

I'm also going to put something up in front of my gear the next time he is over!
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Here's a hint, Don't forget to even look in places you'd think they couldn't reach. Try the toaster or anyplace that looks like it would fit. VHS recorders were great hiding places for a PB&J sandwich. Also when people come over with there "Hell Spawns" the first you tell there mommy and daddy is "If you can't control your hell spawn you can leave now and next time you come over leave it at home!".

I have actually told people this before, they don't like it but they never bring there hell spawns with them again. :evil:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited November 2012
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    "Hell Spawns" . . .

:lol:
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I was slid under something.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Upstatemax
    edited November 2012
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    Here's a hint, Don't forget to even look in places you'd think they couldn't reach. Try the toaster or anyplace that looks like it would fit. VHS recorders were great hiding places for a PB&J sandwich. Also when people come over with there "Hell Spawns" the first you tell there mommy and daddy is "If you can't control your hell spawn you can leave now and next time you come over leave it at home!".

I have actually told people this before, they don't like it but they never bring there hell spawns with them again. :evil:

I did tell them I'm going to be a taking a $500 deposit from now on when he comes over...

They think I'm kidding, I'll swipe a CC on my iPhone if I have to!
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Our son is 21 months old and we have hit the terrible twos. The good news is he knows not to go near my gear. The bad news is I had to eat dinner tonight with ear plugs in my ears. I can't wait for him to get up in the morning and I can't wait for him to go to bed at night.

I now have great respect for the term stay at home mom. I wouldn't last a day.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wait a few days, the kid will probably **** it out......might even smooth out the small scratches too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have memories of two little future audiophiles dragging a chair to my turntable,lifting the dust cover,and examining the stylus to find out where the sound came from! Went through about three styli that way, got to hand it to em, kids watch and absorb more things than you can imagine! Being one step ahead of them doesn't always work dose it?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I gave away my 2ch system to a family member in need, which worked out cause my now 18mth old loves to touch everything. Now we have a Boston Acoustic tabletop on our fireplace mantle (electric fire place no damage and can't play with the plug either) in that room which is great for toddler tunes. Our HT is in the basement which he does not venture down to unless he is with us. But once he has mastered going down the stairs by himself...Looks like a babygate will come in very handy.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Baby gate ? Take it from a well seasoned professional.......ball and chain is the ticket.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Forced air heating? Check the supplies & returns. The grills look just like CD mail slots to a kid.
  • Upstatemax
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Found it... Shoved under my speaker stand at a perfect angle so that you could not see it. Got some scratches, I need to spin it to see if it plays alright.
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thing turn up in the craziest places with little ones,hope it still works for you.
    Dan
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oldfatdogs wrote: »
    Thing turn up in the craziest places with little ones,hope it still works for you.
    Dan

Believe me, it isn't only little ones who 'accidentally' put things in the craziest places. :eek:

The interesting thing is you always find them in the last place you look.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Believe me, it isn't only little ones who 'accidentally' put things in the craziest places.

The interesting thing is you always find them in the last place you look.

I have been looking for my Avalon sunset for three weeks,kids moved out years ago.:mrgreen: