Group buy: Avel Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformers for DreadNought

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2012
    I really meant order the 10 then sell the 7 or 8 for the cost of the 10, refund later when 2 or 3 more people buy the remaining. I did the math though and probably too pricey that way in the short term. In other words, dumb idea. :)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2012
    Please include me for one Avel Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer.

I'll use it to upgrade the 600VA transformer I'm now using with my SDA SRS1.2a speakers, and I'll use the 600VA with my SDA 1Cs. (By the way, the 600VA with the SDA SRSs produces dramatic results. I test only with my ears; I don't have the technical skill or instrumentation to do a more scientific job.)

Please just let me know how and when to pay for it.

Thank you for taking on this project.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2012
    Hey there, great news! You're number 8, so we're still waiting for 2 more to join before we proceed with anything so no money changes hands yet. Sit tight and watch this thread, and if you know anyone else who wants one, point them this way.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited August 2012
    The buyers that committed to this purchase May need to house the transformer inside of "something" . . . . Larry? would you consider the task?

From first hand experience, I can tell you that Larry's work is second to none . . . . If Larry commits, put me down for thrice!!

btw, nspindel, I would recommend "bumping" this thread every 2-3 days to make sure everybody is aware of the group buy . . . just a thought, AND thank you for your diligence . .

G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2012
    GlennDog wrote: »
    The buyers that committed to this purchase May need to house the transformer inside of "something" . . . . Larry? would you consider the task?

From first hand experience, I can tell you that Larry's work is second to none . . . . If Larry commits, put me down for thrice!!

btw, nspindel, I would recommend "bumping" this thread every 2-3 days to make sure everybody is aware of the group buy . . . just a thought, AND thank you for your diligence . .

G

How about one thing at a time? Money doesn't grow on trees...
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Well, he said "may" :)

GlennDog, let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly - if Larry is willing to do a run of the enclosures then you would want three transformers, but if Larry is not doing enclosures you don't want any?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    nspindel wrote: »
    Well, he said "may" :)

GlennDog, let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly - if Larry is willing to do a run of the enclosures then you would want three transformers, but if Larry is not doing enclosures you don't want any?

I have 2 enclosures, but in order to move the AL-1000VA purchase to the next level, i'd be willing to ante up another. My motivation is the rave reviews that compliment BOTH grounded and Non-Common grounded amps. It's a No-Brainer . . .

To summarize; I would like 3 . . AL-1000VA Dreadnoughts and one enclosure (Ring Master willing) TY in advance Larry!!!!!!!!!!

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Ok... but I'm still confused. Are you in for 3 of these of these either way? I don't know if Larry is making enclosures or not, at this point I'm just trying to figure out if you definitely want three not. Is your order contingent on Larry doing the enclosures?
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    I would like Two AL-1000VAs FOR SURE . . .

IF Larry is so kind to work his magic, I would take 3 AL-1000VA with a case, as I have 2 cases already

So, I am in for 3, ONLY if Larry is making cases, otherwise, just 2 AL-1000VA

Yes , the 3rd Dreadnought purchase would be contingent on Larry being so kind . . . .

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Ok, let me see if we can attract Larry's attention over here.....
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    wave a C-Note!!!!!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    But seriously, what we really need is 5 more interested parties . . . .Guys . . .Gals????????????
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Well, you'll be the one who will need the c-note :)

The good news here is that even if you only want two, that makes ten so we've got ourselves a group buy!!!
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    Sweet!! . . I'd really like to get the price down so I'll "bump" the thread every couple of days and hopefully some of the non-regulars will recognize the opportunity!!!! LETS GET 20!!!!!

Guys and Dolls: THIS WORKS VERY WELL FOR BOTH COMMON AND NON-COMMON GROUND AMPS!!!!!

Thank you,

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited August 2012
    I'd be in for a Larry-case as well. (duck & cover)
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Ah wait, hang on a sec, Glenn you had committed to the two a while ago, so I'm double counting you. We are not at 10 yet folks....
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2012
    just 2 for me unless Larry is making cases, then 3 . .

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Bumpity bumpity bump
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    And another bump. Come on folks, we need two more!
  • freak1942
    freak1942 Posts: 10
    edited August 2012
    Hallo Nspindel,

I also want one Avel 1000va transformer

Regards freak1942
    Netherlands
  • nspindel
    edited August 2012
    Ok, great. I'm sure the shipping will be extra for you, I will investigate. I believe we are now at 9. One more, then I start pinging people for money!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2012
    nspindel wrote: »
    I believe we are now at 9. One more, then I start pinging people for money!
    WooHoo, ping me for some money soon!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    On3s&Z3r0s Posts: 1,013
    edited August 2012
    Dammit, I know I'll be kicking myself if I don't get in on this while the getting's still good. Although now I'll have to start shopping for another pair of dreadnought-compatible SDA's in case anything ever happens to my SDA2B's. :) Count me in for 1 if you're still looking for someone to round out the group buy.
  • GlennDog
    edited September 2012
    On3s&Z3r0s wrote: »
    Dammit, I know I'll be kicking myself if I don't get in on this while the getting's still good. Count me in for 1 if you're still looking for someone to round out the group buy.

Others will be kicking themselves, too . . .

Nspindel, I do believe that makes 10 ??? If you're counting our friend in the Netherlands??

G
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nspindel
    edited September 2012
    Yes, that's correct. I've emailed AL on Thursday, inquiring what the extra postage will be if one unit is being sent to the Netherlands, at which point we'll be ready to finalize the order. I have not heard back yet. I will clear my PM box now, so can everyone please PM me their email addresses, and then we'll communicate that way from here on. I'll let you all know where to paypal to. If I don't hear from anyone with email addresses in the next few days, I'll come chasing, fear not!
  • Moose68Bash
    edited September 2012
    nspindel, I just sent my email address and contact information in a PM. Thank you, again.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nspindel
    edited September 2012
    Thanks to those who have sent your email addresses, still waiting on several of you though. Please PM me with your email if you have not done so already.

Regards,
    Neil
  • Moose68Bash
    edited September 2012
    Neil, Please confirm by PM that you received my contact information. The PM I left for you was my first attempt at using that function, and I'm not sure I did it correctly. I am sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for doing this group buy on the transformers. Regards, Phil

• nspindel
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I received your PM

I need to hear from: On3s&Z3r0s, Leftplumma, and madmax with your email addresses. Please include your real name, address, and phone number as well.