Nad/Nat187 or NAD/NAM15HTD2

Options
Tankman
Tankman Posts: 419
edited July 2012 in Forum Testing Area
Ok Ole Timers,I need some help i have been trying to find a good Pre-Pro to upgrade too from my H/K3600,but i was also looking too upgrade my H/K3490 2.1 to a Pre-Pro but can't, should i say find one with DAC and and sub out for 2.1.So i been looking into maybe a unit that has both with HT and i think i found Two that will do the job well for what i have been looking for.Now each one will do what i am wanting,but the NAD15HD2 seems too be a sweet unit for only $1500 more then the NAT187 which in it self is a sweet unit too for only $2,995.95.Here is what i need the help on, this will be my first Pre-Pro and was thinking if i am about too spend 3 g's on a nice mid highend Pre-Pro for $1,500 more would going with the NAM15HDS be better in the long run and be done with say oh man i should have spent the 1,500 bucks more and be done with it?Both unit have some Nice DAC's in which i like the most cause of the way NAD has the DAC 's for music too.Any and all input from other's would be nice too.I have a Butler 2 channel amp coming in this week it will drive the front mains and the EMO amps will drive the surrounds for now.Thanks guys.
Post edited by Tankman on

Comments