How does one find out who closed a thread and why ?????

Options

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Panels "wear out", no matter who makes them.

Without defining what kind of wear you are referring to, I'd dispute that. Roger Sanders UltraStat panels first used on the InnerSound Eros MK III and current production Sanders ESL speakers are built to last. The reasons are insulated stators and the secret formula diaphragm coating that doesn't fall off. "Roger's "UltraStat" panels will play at ear-bleeding levels, cannot be arced, do not use or need protective circuitry, are immune to humidity, dust, and dirt, and do not need or use dust covers."

Mine are 9 years old and will play as loudly and cleanly as the day I got them. He claims to have never had an UltraStat panel fail and they are sold with a lifetime warranty.

The white paper.

http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/technical-white-papers/ultra-stat-wp
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited July 2012
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    Polkfarmboy, I don't think you broke any rules. Vote with your money. I have a boatload of Polk equipment now and when I upgrade none of it, and I mean none of it, is going to be Polk. I know this is unreasonable but it's because of the bad taste this site has left in my mouth over the years ....

Bad taste? Did Polk not support your product? Was their product substandard?
    Or did someone at an internet site piss you off?
    Most sites only allow direct product questions. Polk has threatened to shut this one down.
    They have allowed it to go on as it is because most find it informative and entertaining,
    and quite helpful in both Polk and non-Polk products and gear.
    And that means a number of threads pop up with questionable content.
    Sometimes they get shut down, sometimes they don't.
    Anytime you deal with a group of internet people, someone's going to rub you the wrong way. Especially since the internet doesn't allow for the same level of interaction as face to face.
    Stuff gets taken the wrong way or too seriously.
    Upgrades to non-Polk gear happens, and we talk about it quite a bit. But don't discount
    some of the new Polk products just because someone at this forum got on your nerves.
    Believe me, if the new top end Polks had come out a year sooner, I'd own some.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Would you like a bottle and a "bankie" too?:razz:
    That would make the ride down to Doug's more comfortable.
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I would like to request that all of PFB's threads be closed. Please.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, in the spirit of goodwill toward all, let's lighten up a bit? There's plenty of room for everyone here at CP.
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I really do get alot of entertainment from some of the threads such as this one.

Ken I'm sorry your right but part of it sure is funny as ****.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This is like old times. Some characters new. Some old. 100% entertaining! I LOVE it when people stomp thier feet on the internet.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited July 2012
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    This is like old times. Some characters new. Some old. 100% entertaining! I LOVE it when people stomp their feet on the internet.

And it's yer birffday too!

Happy Birffday!

BTW, I fixed your rong speeling of "their" in the quoted text for you.

No, shhhhh, words are not necessary.

The look in your eyes is all the thanks I need!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Im hungover typing on my phone. Cut me some slack.

Like the user wz2pj or whatever above? If a place makes you THAT miserable, why stay? I don't get it. 'I hate clubpolk, but I'm not leaving.'
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Im hungover typing on my phone. Cut me some slack.

Like the user wz2pj or whatever above? If a place makes you THAT miserable, why stay? I don't get it. 'I hate clubpolk, but I'm not leaving.'

Maybe it's similar to this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jwlYo8EYTWI&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• RuSsMaN
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eww.

Seriously. I walk into a room and wow - this room SUCKS! I leave. I look for a room that doesn't suck. I don't sit there for 5 years telling people how bad it sucks.
  • Jstas
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eww.

Seriously. I walk into a room and wow - this room SUCKS! I leave. I look for a room that doesn't suck. I don't sit there for 5 years telling people how bad it sucks.

Now you're just using logic and common sense.

You should know by now that the general population here frowns upon that.

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited July 2012
    Options
    kerrigantime.jpg

Sorry I can't help it.:razz:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2012
    Options

Self-victimisation.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2012
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Paradise by the dashboard light.

I feel so stupid. I just now realized what that song is about! :redface:

PFB....I always get a kick out of your posts. To me you are the Otis of Club Polk.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eww.

This x1000.

I don't participate around here much anymore for exactly that reason. I'll click in maybe once or twice a week, for a quick shake of the head at the idiocy that reigns in the clubhouse. A quick look at what's for sale, and a quick check to see what video games people are commenting on, and I'm done.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This place has been mellow for sometime now, guess I don't see the problem around here as of late. So we get a what we see as a stupid post now and then big deal!! That's life going to work, driving around town, going to a show, so do you guys just stay home and out of the fray of life? Afraid to face the day?

Grow some skin or a pair or what ever works to get you through the day.. I would bet a pay check that if we all met in real life form (even those that we think we dis like) we would walk away thinking differently about one another and on good or better terms then even thought..

The Internet can suck in really getting to know someone.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    This place has been mellow for sometime now, guess I don't see the problem around here as of late. So we get a what we see as a stupid post now and then big deal!! That's life going to work, driving around town, going to a show, so do you guys just stay home and out of the fray of life? Afraid to face the day?

Grow some skin or a pair or what ever works to get you through the day.. I would bet a pay check that if we all met in real life form (even those that we think we dis like) we would walk away thinking differently about one another and on good or better terms then even thought..

The Internet can suck in really getting to know someone.

I think it would be good to meet everyone here despite our different opinions. That being said I could see myself sitting at an empty table at polk HQ wearing skinny jeans
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think it would be good to meet everyone here despite our different opinions. That being said I could see myself sitting at an empty table at polk HQ wearing skinny jeans

OMG!! Now that's Freaking funny !!!

Hahahahahahaha!! At least you have a good sense of humor about yourself...
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Can't stop laughing at your above comment! Tool's correct, you do have a good sense of humor (either about your self or just about everything else). Too funny, this thread is funny as hell but you do had extra spices to it with such comment. Thank you for a good laugh PFB! :biggrin:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eww.

Yeah, I know, I know.

But actually, I'm trying to like Club Polk. I really liked the Polk speak's I bought some timer ago. Later, discovered this forum - COOL! Also met Matt Polk when he was trying to sell some stuff to GM - even COOLER!

Maybe what I would call the "dark days" turned me off. Remember when, crap, what's his name from Polk (vice president) came on these boards and threatened to shut it down due to all the hostility here?

And Jstas, you've been a complete **** to me a few times. You seem like a really smart guy when it comes to electronics and cars and such. I respect that and am totally willing to bury the hatchet, dude.

Every time I come back and re-visit this forum there's some controversy about this or that thread being shut down
    or what not. I really find Ken's approach below refreshing:
    Hey guys, in the spirit of goodwill toward all, let's lighten up a bit? There's plenty of room for everyone here at CP.

So maybe this is my attempt at reconciliation with the Polk community. I expect the worst, I hope for the best.

In any event, enjoy the holiday guys.

Chris
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And Jstas, you've been a complete **** to me a few times.

Boy, thats a shocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::eek::redface::eek::surprised::smile::cool::eek::frown:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Anyone who meets JSTAS in real life will realize he is in person just like he is on the internet... but it fits him... lol

Kind of like Sheldon from Big Bang theory but shorter and from New Jersery ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2012
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Anyone who meets JSTAS in real life will realize he is in person just like he is on the internet... but it fits him... lol

Kind of like Sheldon from Big Bang theory but shorter and from New Jersery ;)

Your right, and I am sorry, but I forgot to throw in a few of these: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    you've been a complete **** to me
    I mean hell, he was being nice about it, considering!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So ..... I guess the Rampaging Mob With Lit Torches Event is off ? Dang ....

PFB Mob.jpg

Okay .... well, if these folks hang around much longer, they're going to want to be fed ......

"HEY, WHO'S UP FOR A NICE FUN RUN !!!"

PFB Fun Run.jpg

Be aware, PFB: this incident may go on your Yearly Evaluation and ..... your PERMANENT RECORD !!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited July 2012
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »

You bring it all upon yourself, I don't expect that to change.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Many people here just have a "Mad ON".
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I feel that way about California right about now. I November goes badly I am moving to D/FW. You aren't building any "High-speed" rail through the most active earthquake fault in the world any time soon?
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited July 2012
    Options
    WAAAA!!!!! My thread was closed! WHY Me!!?!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2012
    Options
    civilian wrote: »
    I feel that way about California right about now. I November goes badly I am moving to D/FW. You aren't building any "High-speed" rail through the most active earthquake fault in the world any time soon?

LOL !!

Yeah man, couldn't figure that one out. Along with San Fran spending billions on a subway ontop of a fault line. One really has to start questioning the mental stability of some of these elected officials.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable