My ICE

2»

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    i'd have to disagree with you here - he didn't come in asking for compliments, he just said "here's the pics". and i don't think one should have to earn the right to enjoy good audio equipment; if you're capable of buying and installing it, in any fashion, and you appreciate what you've got, again in any fashion, i think that's enough.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    my main gripe is because of all the stupid little rich kids i went to school with, their mommies and daddies paid for everything they owned and the never truly appreciated it because of that, you appreciate it more when you work for it or do it yourself. that's why it gets on my nerves... same thing with all the kids with sport compacts that get the work done in shops, the whole thing started because some guy who actually knew what he was doing decided to make his car sweet, then a bunch of other people said "hey mommy, i want a phat ride too"

that kinda bs just gets on my nerves, i pisses me off that i've had to work my a$$ off for the little that i have while many of the **** i went to school with had their parrents buy them new trans ams, bmw's etc...

i'm just a firm believer that you should have to work for what you have, that used to be what this country was about, if you work hard enough you'll get ahead... now the only way to get ahead is to be born to rich parrents... heck look at the braindead hilton sister for example, or that ugly little hoe nichole richie... it's a complete load of crap...

*disclaimer- i'm tired, it's almost 1am, sorry for the rant but i'm posting it anyway*
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    i kinda agree with both on this
    on one hand, you should do the research and find the speakers and stuff you want
    i would never be able to do an install like that, i dont have the materials, know-how, or equipment to do so...
    which is where a shop would come in...
    its kinda like this...
    if you wanted a faster car and you wanted to do some major engine work to get some gains...
    most of us do not have the tools to do so they get it done at a shop
    im "in between" on this issue
    I mean, i took my truck to a shop to get my front speakers installed, now i wish i wouldve done it myself, but at the time i didnt really want anyone that doesnt really know how to do it(another words...me) to cut holes in my truck...
    and my box was made for me...i couldve made that too...to tell you the truth i just didnt feel like it...
    but then again, all the stuff in my truck was paid for by me, not saying casanova didnt pay for his stuff b/c i dont know...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    mtxman - no offense taken, but i'm one of those kids whose mommy bought him a saab, and paid for most of the stuff in it. now, i can't say whether or not i'd appreciate it more if i'd worked for it all myself, but i can say that i truly do enjoy and am thankful for what i have - even if it's been freely given by someone else. i think the only difference between me and the kids to which you are referring is that i don't consider myself a **** :p. and i would disagree with your opinion on getting ahead - my mom was the seventh child of a family of eight that was just above the poverty line, and she's now a senior VP at a major international corporation. she did that all through hard work, and i'd like to think that i can accomplish as much if i apply myself, too. i'm not going to say that the money we have won't help - it will - but i think that anyone with enough determination and willpower, and that has the balls to go out and do it, can achieve whatever they want.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    my parents bought me a $1500 96 GMC work truck
    -Cody
  • mekanism
    mekanism Posts: 27
    edited April 2004
    Hey Casanova, this has nothing to do with the conversation above. How much did that shop charge you? Thay did a great job. I'm just curious on how much it costs for perfection like that!
    THERE IS NO END TO CHERRY
  • Casanova
    Casanova Posts: 29
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by MTXMAN

and to be honest i don't think someone that fits that description deserves to run something of the quality of polk, maybe you should have looked into audiobahn or sony.

um, if you haven't realised, I'm a Team Polk member....meaning, Polk CHOSE ME to have their stuff in my car, I didn't go out and buy all the polk stuff out of walet, I didn't pay anything for their equipment. They gave them to me as part of sponsorship to have their products displayed in my car at shows. I go to carshows, win trophies, get in magazine articles and the whole time Polk benefits by having all the media coverage of their stuff in my car. Oh, and everything in my car + the car itself is still cheaper than an M3. I posted to show what can be done with polk stuff, to help people out there get an idea of what to do to their stuff and share with the polk community.

of course I thank Polk Audio for my sponsorship and of course I thank my audio installer... I go to every show with JT Audio Accessories business cards and have them in my trunk, so people know who did all the hard work and maybe contact them so they can get some more business. I never meantioned them before because I was hoping someone asked first.
    Proud Member of Team Polk
    Currently installed:
    Polk/MOMO MMC525 speakers x2
    Polk/MOMO MM6 speaker system x2
    Polk/MOMO C500.1 amplifier
    Polk/MOMO C300.2 amplifier
    Polk/MOMO MM120 12" subs x2
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by mekanism
    Hey Casanova, this has nothing to do with the conversation above. How much did that shop charge you? Thay did a great job. I'm just curious on how much it costs for perfection like that!
    I had a shop make the box for me for $1000, then had a diff shop, JT Audio, do the rest of the custom fabrication for about $1500. I got a good deal because of the ability of my car to gain much media publicity which helps the shop gain recognition.
    Currently installed:
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by pOP
    how many watts u got going to each sub? cuz im putting two c500x1's in my car and need to know if these amps will make my (2)mm124's go thump thump thump!!!
    my audio guy recommended 1 c500.1 for both subs, cause like i said, there's already 2 sub plugins. he said my box might not be able to handle the power output of 2 subs powered by 2 c500.1s

the mm124s should be pretty thumping with just the 1 amp.
    Currently installed:
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    I put in some more stuff just recently, enjoy...
    Currently installed:
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    Currently installed:
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004

newsubs.jpg

finally got my MM120s replaced with the MM124s
    Currently installed:
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    I'd like to thank Polk Audio and my other sponsors for their continued support, I got "1st Place VIP Performance Luxury Euro" at Hot Import Nights San Mateo last weekend.
    k.jpg 89.5K
    Currently installed:
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    no offense dude, but if you pay $1000 bucks for a box it damn well should be able to stand 700 watts...
    hell, it should be able to handle at least the RMS of the subs its going in...
    -Cody
  • Casanova
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    no offense dude, but if you pay $1000 bucks for a box it damn well should be able to stand 700 watts...
    hell, it should be able to handle at least the RMS of the subs its going in...
    -Cody
    well the custom laser etching cost most on the trunk. it was made for more show than anything else. it sounds perfect for the setup i have right now anyway.
    Currently installed:
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    well if you like it thats all that matters:D
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited September 2004
    I said woah when I saw that car...the only gripe, like someone else said, is take off that speaker saying ___ peak power or whatever it says. Thats like buying a Boss amp that says 35000watts peak etched into the top. Besides that, I'm in love. Haha
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • kwade89
    kwade89 Posts: 77
    edited November 2004
    That is some off tha chain customs stuff i have the all the same speakers as you the mm6 and mmc650s but i have 2 polk/momo 12's though and different amps sweet set up though.... AWESOME
    Kaleb Wade

-00' Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab 1500

-Polk/MOMO-
    MM6
    MMc650
    MM2124<2
    -Phoenix Gold-
    PG 100.4x
    PG 100.2x
    -Sony-
    Explod HU F7005x
    Explod 10Cd 757mx

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2004
    Absolutely AWESOME ride!!!! Even if it had a completely stock sound system, I think I'd be in love!! Beautiful color, rims, etc., and the spoiler actually fits in pretty well. The install, of course, is absolutely phenomenal, in my mind. Great ride!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2004
    Nice install and the shop does really nice work.

I have to say that Casanova has also been pretty fair minded to not respond to the "negative" comments, by calling anyone a sh*tbag.

Hey, the car is nice, your doing great things for Polk and yourself, rock on.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Casanova
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Nice install and the shop does really nice work.

I have to say that Casanova has also been pretty fair minded to not respond to the "negative" comments, by calling anyone a sh*tbag.

Hey, the car is nice, your doing great things for Polk and yourself, rock on.
    hey thanks for the comments...

I recently added a 7.2" monitor on the dash and am looking to get the new thinner PS2 to replace the normal one cause right now mine just sits on the floor on the passenger side. the smaller one should be easily mounted as it weighs so little.

Hopefully I can get pics soon.
    Currently installed:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2005
    ok. look this answer, ===> www.s_what_i.uk
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2005
    Who the hell is this guy?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Who the hell is this guy?

This must be a foreign blog forum now. :rolleyes:
  • dtownshoots
    dtownshoots Posts: 5
    edited February 2005
    that looks badass - how long did it take you to do the whole work on it?
    1994 Ford Explorer
    - Kenwood - Headunit
    - 6x8 Rockford Fosgates - Front
    - 6x9 Bazooka - Rear
    - 1000w Crunch - Amp
    - 10" Audiobahn 450rms - Subwoofer
  • Casanova
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by dtownshoots
    that looks badass - how long did it take you to do the whole work on it?

took quite a while. It slowly evolved into the system you see now. But the last evolution took about 3 weeks. The box took a week, and everything else took about 2 weeks.
    Currently installed: