After much thought LSi-15,s in home by Friday,

Options
2»

Comments

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'll throw in another recommendation for the db840 mod. It is inexpensive and extremely easy to do. I did mine about a week ago, and difference was definitely noticeable. The bass is tighter, more accurate, and also seems to dig a little bit deeper. I think the LSi15 woofer is the weak point as far as the LSi drivers go.
  • Tankman
    Tankman Posts: 419
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well down the rabbit hole i go!Ordered Polks LSiC and a pair of LSiFX's and another PSW505 Also a Emotiva XPA-5.A really Big Thank you too all the Ole Timers who take the time out of there day too help us younger Polkies in here."cnn.tonyb,h9,f1nut,EndersShadow,cfrizz,"Rick88 thanks for the cool pic's you post in here!..it's because of you guys is way this Forum is one of the best on the net!
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thats a decent setup. Make sure you give them room to breathe. Post pics of your setup if you want. Also build yourself some DIY acoustic panels for behind them if you can...

i still need to add some panels to my setup.

which ones are you running Shadow?
    mole'
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Tankman wrote: »
    Well down the rabbit hole i go!Ordered Polks LSiC and a pair of LSiFX's and another PSW505 Also a Emotiva XPA-5.A really Big Thank you too all the Ole Timers who take the time out of there day too help us younger Polkies in here."cnn.tonyb,h9,f1nut,EndersShadow,cfrizz,"Rick88 thanks for the cool pic's you post in here!..it's because of you guys is way this Forum is one of the best on the net!

Congrats. Although I myself am not a huge fan of the PSW505, I know many here are. I am sure you will be happy with it though.
    mole' wrote: »
    i still need to add some panels to my setup.

which ones are you running Shadow?

I have some GIK panels I got from NooshinJohn when he moved. There are a couple threads on here about how to DIY your own though and they look about the same.

DIY is obviously cheaper, plus you get to make them to whatever dimensions you need for your room at that time if they are not the standard 2' x 4', that and if needed your other half can choose the fabric covering, making them more WAF friendly.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tankman
    Tankman Posts: 419
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Attachment not found.Thanks to everyone who help me out with all the great tips,and advice!