For anyone who has ever made RCA interconnects >

Turbota
Turbota Posts: 255
Got a simple question for you folks that know something about DIY interconnects.

Below is a close-up photo of one of the Signal Cable interconnects I just bought. See that red jacket with the Signal Cable logo on the interconnect ... It looks like a piece of heat shrink tube, but it certainly appears to be thicker than the standard heat shrink anyone could buy at Lowes or at someplace like Parts Express.

I was thinking about making a set of interconnects with some Beldon cable and using this Signal Cable interconnect as an example, but I can't figure out what kind of heavy-duty shrink tubing these interconnect manufacturers use.

Anyone here have an idea exactly what this tubing they use actually is?

Thank's :confused:

018.jpg
2-Channel Audio
Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
Post edited by Turbota on

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited May 2012
    Check out WireCare.com.
    Better yet, call SignalCable and ask them. They are very nice folks.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited May 2012
    Looks like regular heat shrink, probably adhesive lined.

I've bought from these guys. Super reliable and quick shipping: http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=109&cat=Shrinktube

The polyolefin is supposed to be a better dielectric than the usual heat shrink tubing you get at Lowes.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Turbota
    Turbota Posts: 255
    edited May 2012
    Your right ... I think it is just your regular everyday heat shrink with the Signal Cable logo on it.

In fact, I just bought some 3/8" black colored heat shrink from Lowes and put it on a test piece of cheap 14 AWG speaker wire just to see how it would work:

Holds that Techflex on there real tight.

SpeakerCable.jpg
    2-Channel Audio
    Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
    Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
    Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
    Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
    Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers