AcousticSoundDesign ... buying Polk speakers cheap!

Turbota
Turbota Posts: 255
edited April 2012 in Speakers
I am looking for a pair of Polk RTi A3 speakers. The suggested retail for a pair is $399.

I am sure I can't mention discounted prices here, so I won't, but I will say that I can get a new pair in a "factory sealed' box with free shipping for alot less than $399.

Has anyone here ever done any business with AcousticSoundDesign ?
2-Channel Audio
Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
Post edited by Turbota on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited April 2012
    I see a price of $399 at Acoustic Sound Design

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1650&sc=67

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Turbota
    edited April 2012
    My mistake ... I was looking at A1s

Well, I guess I can't delete this thread
    2-Channel Audio
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited April 2012
    FWIW, I think they are reputable. The LSi line is discounted with free shipping

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nwohlford
    nwohlford Posts: 700
    edited April 2012
    I ordered one thing from them and had no issues. You can get 15% off with the TV15 code.
  • Turbota
    edited April 2012
    Thank's for the code :razz:
    2-Channel Audio
  • Turbota
    edited April 2012
    Well, I just ordered the RTi A3s from AcousticSoundDesign with the 15% discount code ... Saved me 60 bucks!

Had I known they had a 15% discount, I would have more than likely ordered a pair of the RTi A7s from them too, but I ordered the A7s on the Polk eBay site yesterday. Refurbished for $700 ... but they did charge me $42 in tax, which I was hoping I didn't have to pay since my shipping address is Florida .. oh well

Now I am only hoping that those "refurbished" speakers don't have a big scratch running down the side of them!

Ron,
    2-Channel Audio
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2012
    Turbota wrote: »
    Well, I just ordered the RTi A3s from AcousticSoundDesign with the 15% discount code ... Saved me 60 bucks!

Had I known they had a 15% discount, I would have more than likely ordered a pair of the RTi A7s from them too, but I ordered the A7s on the Polk eBay site yesterday. Refurbished for $700 ... but they did charge me $42 in tax, which I was hoping I didn't have to pay since my shipping address is Florida .. oh well

Now I am only hoping that those "refurbished" speakers don't have a big scratch running down the side of them!

Ron,
    I doubt if you can tell the differance between those and new one's.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited April 2012
    Refurb from polk ebay store is the best ever
  • Pegleg2001
    Pegleg2001 Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    I recently purchased a complete Polk LSi series from Mike Embers at Acoustic Sound Design. These speakers are AWESOME!!!! I saved A LOT! The transaction was seamless and my speakers were delivered in less than five days (to Texas). Would recommend calling him now or go to acousticsounddesign.com.