Rush Limbaugh and the suspicious package

Options
evhudsons
evhudsons Posts: 1,175
edited March 2012 in The Clubhouse
Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
Post edited by evhudsons on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Who wants "bad" drugs ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,120
    edited March 2012
    Options
    evhudsons wrote: »

The man had some problems, as have many more on the opposite spectrum from him. The man lost his hearing from his addiction, so this post is as cruel as it gets imho... read the vile comments made about Andrew Breitbart, another convervative we lost this morning due to odd circumstance. Taking whatever precaution needed to ensure safety is a wise move. You should look into the legion of conservative commentators and reporters that have been killed around the globe for standing against this "New World Order".

Scary times my friend are here, so better safe than sorry.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • evhudsons
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I didn't know he lost his hearing, but I do remember him doctor shopping. The listening reference was to the thread "what are you listening to now?". That's all.
    I don't really pay too much attention to the political news. I read history instead.

No cruelty intended.

I read his book. I know his opinions from that, and that is enough for me. Personally, excess within moderation with a general formula to stabilize is the best method to maintain control. There are no suspicious packages in my yard and the my neighborhood is not cordoned off nor is traffic averted.

If there was a political party I would join, it would be the "my ears are all that matters" party.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry Ev for being a bit on edge tonight:redface:... long day, hard month, and this month will be even worse.
    You are ok in my book!:cheesygrin::cool:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The man had some problems, as have many more on the opposite spectrum from him. The man lost his hearing from his addiction, so this post is as cruel as it gets imho... read the vile comments made about Andrew Breitbart, another convervative we lost this morning due to odd circumstance. Taking whatever precaution needed to ensure safety is a wise move. You should look into the legion of conservative commentators and reporters that have been killed around the globe for standing against this "New World Order".

Scary times my friend are here, so better safe than sorry.

I was hoping someone would crack this "innocuous" thread wide open and expose it's vitriolic foundations. We, the sheeple, sleep soundly at night, not only because of our complete ignorance of our surroundings, but also because of people like yourselves.

God bless you.

Seriously.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • evhudsons
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It has been hard. I've been working half days (12 hours+) with no breaks. It's like a war zone. But it's all good. I just got done with some gaming. It's fun to take my stress out tossing grenades and setting ambushes online with friends. 43 years old and I'm still keeping up with youngins. Good thing I was trained by our nations finest.
    Irregardless of politics, I have my gun rights and my don't tread on me flag, right below my American flag.
    I just don't trust or like any politician. It's not in my best interest.

I'm in the Conch Republic. We seceded where others failed.
    It's a way of life for Us.
    I thought it was kind of funny that there would be such a strong reaction to a suspicious package.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't like him at all, he tells too much truth and I don't like that at all. I want to hear things that make me happy and put me in a sweet place.
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited March 2012
    Options
    From Wiki;
    "Before his addiction became known, Limbaugh had condemned illegal drug use on his television program, stating that "Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up"

Musta' been a constant stream of packages delivered to that guy.:rolleyes:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    From Wiki;
    "Before his addiction became known, Limbaugh had condemned illegal drug use on his television program, stating that "Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up"

Musta' been a constant stream of packages delivered to that guy.:rolleyes:
    He blew his back out, then suffered with horrendous pain for several years. Then came a back surgery that made things even worse. His doctors overprescribed Oxycontin and Vicodine just to dull the pain, and during this time he became addicted, a second back surgery fixed the troubles in his back, but the addiction continued, eventually costimg him his ability to hear.

He did not head out into the night looking for a fix, so have your facts straight. I myself know how quickly addictive those drugs are and let me tell you, they are worse than crack, heroin and meth combined. If you had to take the number of pills day he did just to dull the pain, we would be calling you an addict to.

• evhudsons
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Brett Favre became an addict the same way but kicked the habit although he should stay away from camera phones
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If you think about it, government doesn't want you to get hooked on illegal drugs, they want you hooked on THEIR drugs.

Need I mention the amount of legal drug commercials.....if your problem is you walk by placing one foot infront of the other, there's a drug for that.
    Chris Rock does a funny bit on this....somewhat true too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Good one Tony! As for Rush, well, let's just say he's an endless source of entertainment and quite creative at times! And we all need that in these times.

He's pretty much a talking head just like any other TV or Radio news jock. So there's always a balancing act between facts and entertainment. But threats are, unfortunately, a common problem for any person in the spotlight Right or Left, or...wait...is there really anything besides that? Seems like we ought to have more choices here? lol

It's Friday. Pop open a cold one and put on Rush or Rachel, whichever one entertains you more!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Being a conservative, I find Limbaugh a little over-the-top for my taste. Bit of an arm-chair drama-queen; but that's just my opinion.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,716
    edited March 2012
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Being a conservative, I find Limbaugh a little over-the-top for my taste. Bit of an arm-chair drama-queen; but that's just my opinion.

I just find him repetitive and boring. It's not that I disagree with his views, but how slow is his regular audience, that he has to repeat everything over and over.
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

I can agree to that, but one must remember even though he's a pundit, he still adds entertainment into his mix and some can't seem to distinguish the two.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • evhudsons
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I share the same middle name as Rush Limbaugh, Hudson. Ain't that sumpthin'? I'm descended from French Huguenots, not that I would know from upbringing. I'm Southern, that's all I know. Grits, Bass fishing, bacon fat, boiled peanuts and hot women.
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Boiled peanuts ? Yuck !! Roasted baby, thats the ticket. Now bacon fat....I'm all over it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • evhudsons
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lol, boiled peanuts rock! Life without bacon fat is no life at all. I started this thread and was curious as to what the package wound up being at Limbaough's house. A friend of his sent something that had wires in it, and he has since apologized for the incident.

" PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Authorities say a suspicious package sent to Rush Limbaugh's South Florida home was not dangerous or hazardous.

Instead, police say the item investigated Thursday turned out to be an electronic plaque sent by a listener of the radio talk show host's program as a "business opportunity" for him. It concerned the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth.

A Palm Beach police spokesman said during a news conference the package was delivered late Thursday afternoon. When it was screened by an X-ray device, staff members saw what appeared to be wires and called police. The Palm Beach Post reports that a sheriff's office bomb squad went to the home to investigate the package.

The sender apologized when investigators contacted him.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rush-limbaugh-suspicious-package-arrive-palm-beach-home-article-1.1031854#ixzz1nzt3hMPM"

I just got a suspicious package, it's my Parasound hca1000! I'm going to hook that up to my Magnepan smg.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Used to enjoy rush when he sprinkled in "caller abortions", "Aint got no home", by Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown and other humor along with political and social commentary.

I have to say someone like Breitbart, exposing facts, dealing with the dirty gritty work of making the well connected and powerful accountable are heros to me, no matter which side of the spectrum they are coming from.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I was only 'condemning" Limbaugh's glaring hypocrisy in calling for people doing the same as he, to be "sent up" ! Goose/gander kind of thing ya know? And his hits just keep a coming with his latest foot in mouth faux pas, the guy's definitely got moxie. (zero class, however)
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    See, your mixing the entertainment with the serious side gdb. People who never listen to the guy don't know how to take him, when he's being sarcastic or straight, goofing off or serious.

His recent foot in mouth as you claim was to just get a reaction, stupid as it was for him to say it. His point however came about over the idiot girl saying she has so much sex, birth control is unaffordable to her. If your parents can afford to send you to Georgetown, they can surely afford your birth control without me paying for it. Hey, here's another great idea.....stop having so much sex, duh !! The audacity of this girl infront on congress no less, add Obama calling her to congradulate her, makes me want to puke. If that was my daughter, I would be totally embaressed, disappointed, disrespected.
    Rush's point, in case you missed it, was when government mandates the freebies, you essentially give them control to also take away those freebies or require certain behavior to get them.
    As far as Rush being mean spirited blah blah and even catching the attention of the prez, one need look no further then Bill Moyer who consistantly called Sarah Palin a ****, ****, the "C" word. Maybe if the Prez is so offended, he should give back the million dollars Moyers donated to him....you know, comming from such a hate monger and all. Hypocrites exist on both sides, even the oval office.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rush Limbaugh, yuck! I hate extremists on both sides. If they had all been around 250 years ago,
    there wouldn't of been a constitution. It was a document of logical discussion and compromise.
    NWO? Sorry, most of the founding fathers were in this camp. All men created equal was pretty
    forward thinking at the time. Freemason ideas were used to form a new government.
    Personal freedom without government control AND compassion for your fellow man.
    You can have both. But you can't pass a law to make it happen.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He blew his back out, then suffered with horrendous pain for several years. Then came a back surgery that made things even worse. His doctors overprescribed Oxycontin and Vicodine just to dull the pain, and during this time he became addicted, a second back surgery fixed the troubles in his back, but the addiction continued, eventually costimg him his ability to hear.

He did not head out into the night looking for a fix, so have your facts straight. I myself know how quickly addictive those drugs are and let me tell you, they are worse than crack, heroin and meth combined. If you had to take the number of pills day he did just to dull the pain, we would be calling you an addict to.

People who haven't experienced the intense pain that follows injury or surgery of/on/near sensitive nerve endings don't have a clue how necessary pain relievers become.

It's strange how that gets targeted when one has conservative political views by detractors who give those of their ilk a pass on virtually anything ranging from fraud, forgery, rape, tax evasion and even murder.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Rush Limbaugh, yuck! I hate extremists on both sides. If they had all been around 250 years ago,
    there wouldn't of been a constitution. It was a document of logical discussion and compromise.
    NWO? Sorry, most of the founding fathers were in this camp. All men created equal was pretty
    forward thinking at the time. Freemason ideas were used to form a new government.
    Personal freedom without government control AND compassion for your fellow man.
    You can have both. But you can't pass a law to make it happen.

You should see the political commentary from the time of our founding... They would openly call for their opponents to be tarred and feathered(or worse) on sight. They would even duel(with real guns!!!) to solve disagreement. Today is tame compared to back in the day.

• gdb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    See, your mixing the entertainment with the serious side gdb. People who never listen to the guy don't know how to take him, when he's being sarcastic or straight, goofing off or serious.

His recent foot in mouth as you claim was to just get a reaction, stupid as it was for him to say it. His point however came about over the idiot girl saying she has so much sex, birth control is unaffordable to her. If your parents can afford to send you to Georgetown, they can surely afford your birth control without me paying for it. Hey, here's another great idea.....stop having so much sex, duh !! The audacity of this girl infront on congress no less, add Obama calling her to congradulate her, makes me want to puke. If that was my daughter, I would be totally embaressed, disappointed, disrespected.
    Rush's point, in case you missed it, was when government mandates the freebies, you essentially give them control to also take away those freebies or require certain behavior to get them.
    As far as Rush being mean spirited blah blah and even catching the attention of the prez, one need look no further then Bill Moyer who consistantly called Sarah Palin a ****, ****, the "C" word. Maybe if the Prez is so offended, he should give back the million dollars Moyers donated to him....you know, comming from such a hate monger and all. Hypocrites exist on both sides, even the oval office.

nah, my read of his latest which you'll notice I termed "hit" was fully cognizant of the Barnum factor. The drug hypocrisy.....inexcusable for anyone IMO ! (either side of the aisle)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    nah, my read of his latest which you'll notice I termed "hit" was fully cognizant of the Barnum factor. The drug hypocrisy.....inexcusable for anyone IMO ! (either side of the aisle)

No hypocrisy here at all unless it comes from you. Illicit (illegal for those of you in Rio Linda) are one thing and IF he was doing blow, heroin or something else that people are getting killed on the border for, Not only would I agree with you, I would never listen to him or his program again. Until you experience the kind of pain over the period of years that every day makes you want to take your own life, you have no means to form an opinion of his addiction. Prescribed meds are an entirely different catagory... was he an addict, yes, but his was caused by physical pain not personal choice.

• gdb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Addiction is regrettable and human.....hypocrisy , is pure Rush. If only he'd kept his fat mouth shut about incarcerating those in the same boat as he was. EIB shoulda' served him a big cup of STFU on that issue,IMO.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Prescription drugs are among the most used drugs out there. And the way people get them are illegal.
    Money and organized crime go hand in hand. That bottle of pills most likely put money in the hands of
    criminals. Lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a date.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Prescription drugs are among the most used drugs out there. And the way people get them are illegal.

Yep... my wife has 10 years of education to be a drug dealer:rolleyes:

The way people get them is from a pharmacist (PharmD)after an MD prescribes them. 99.9% are done this way and this is where most get into trouble with them. My mom was addicted to morphine after one of her cancer surgeries, and she did not get hooked on it from a street corner at three in the morning.

The thing that bothers me about ignorant posts about the nature of prescrition drug addiction is that almost all people that become addicted to them had no choice but to use them in the first place. The same cannot be said about other drug or alcohol addicts. There is a difference.

• gdb
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yup, that must be why there's hundreds of fly by night Oxy mills in Florida alone. :rolleyes: Head-sand-remove ?:lol:

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/134143813/the-oxy-express-floridas-drug-abuse-epidemic
This discussion has been closed.