After much thought LSi-15,s in home by Friday,

Tankman
Tankman Posts: 419
edited May 2012 in Speakers
It was a no brainer going with them at the price,new and full 5 year warranty.I have to give a lot of credit too the Ole Timers in here for all the input and advice they gave on them.Plus after all they do have a really good track record and a ton of great reviews.:cool:
Post edited by Tankman on

Comments

• Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited February 2012
    Enjoy your new speakers.Great people here they helped me quite a bit too.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,525
    edited February 2012
    First easy mod is to replace the stock sub with a db840 SINGLE VOICE COIL sub. Wait till Crutchfield has them at buy one get one for free.

Its a drop in replacement and helps tighten up the bass. There is a tread here about how to do it somewhere.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tankman
    edited February 2012
    Rick88,Lolo.thanks for the pic.EndersShadow,Rick88, You Ole Timers Rock!Oldfatdogs,Thanks.I will post photos of my set up.Oldfatdogs i agree they have help out a lot!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2012
    Congrats enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2012
    Congrats man, feed them well, and give them some breathing room, you should like what you hear. Let us know your thoughts.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • packetjones
    packetjones Posts: 1,059
    edited February 2012
    I just bit the bullet and picked up some 9's. I cant wait to hear some LSI goodness. What do you plan to run them off of?
    Front - RTiA5's
    Rear - RTiA3's
    Center - CSiA4
    Sub - PSW110
  • Tankman
    edited February 2012
    packetjones,Whats kicking on your end of the World? Nice too see that your 9's are coming in!.I will run the off two UPA-1 mono blocks in 4 ohm 350 x2, with an H/K3490 as a Pre-Amp.A Pre-Pro is in the near future.Set-up is a 2.1 with a Polk PSW505.HT is a H/K3600 will add a 3 channel amp.
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    Damm da bad luck!Just got an update from UPS my LSi 15's where do in Friday.Now i will get them by Monday.They left CO,at 10:38 this morning.Bad weather slowed them up.I am ok with that really don't want anyone getting hurt.I just hope UPS doesn't bang them up.I was looking too all weekend playing around with them.I will upgrade the center to the LSiC for sure soon and maybe the backs.I am more music then HT.
  • pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, I do hope UPS will be kind with them... my LSi7 box had been slammed here and there, but nothing ridiculous (small holes) : the foam wasn't hit and speakers were top shape.
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    @pyrocyborg,Yep,when i order my PSW505 the first two came in really banged up had too send them back.The 3rd one came in by FEDEX small Van truck.It really was a shame too see them nice PSW505 messed up like that.Amazon did a great job with service.
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited March 2012
    Tankman wrote: »
    Damm da bad luck!Just got an update from UPS my LSi 15's where do in Friday.Now i will get them by Monday.They left CO,at 10:38 this morning.Bad weather slowed them up.I am ok with that really don't want anyone getting hurt.I just hope UPS doesn't bang them up.I was looking too all weekend playing around with them.I will upgrade the center to the LSiC for sure soon and maybe the backs.I am more muisc then HT.

Hey there, I've just sold my LSi15's and LSi F/X's to two of our CP members. The only one left is the LSiC, and I can get it out to you for $220 shipped via FedEx overnight if interested. By the way it's in tip top shape. My new LSiM706c will arrive next Wednesday, so it's time for the LSiC to go.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    DMara,Hell yeah i want it!!!Great price too.Can you tell me how old it is?.Thank you for thinking of me!Dude!,i just saw Sig,Got them LSiM707's!I bet your injoying them!
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited March 2012
    Tonight I will take pics and send you info about it via a private message. So please make sure your PM box doesn't max out :biggrin:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    DMara,PM box is clean.
  • brianle
    brianle Posts: 572
    edited March 2012
    congrats on your new speakers!
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited March 2012
    DMara wrote: »
    Hey there, I've just sold my LSi15's and LSi F/X's to two of our CP members. The only one left is the LSiC, and I can get it out to you for $220 shipped via FedEx overnight if interested. By the way it's in tip top shape. My new LSiM706c will arrive next Wednesday, so it's time for the LSiC to go.

Very nice offer, DMara. Tankman, this is why CP rules! We take care of each other. :biggrin:
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    this is why CP rules! We take care of each other. :biggrin:

Yeah.....well, just don't start with the ol' reach around or we are gone.:cheesygrin:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hertz9753
    hertz9753 Posts: 310
    edited March 2012
    tonyb wrote: »
    Yeah.....well, just don't start with the ol' reach around or we are gone.:cheesygrin:

Sounds like someone is still dealing with Brokeback Mountain PTSD.:cheesygrin:
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • tonyb
    edited March 2012
    hertz9753 wrote: »
    Sounds like someone is still dealing with Brokeback Mountain PTSD.:cheesygrin:

You had to mention that movie. The wife still teases me because I refuse to watch it. Amongst others of that nature.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    Ok,just got them in at 5:38pm today.They came in with out a scratch on them!I must say the photos on the web sites don't do them justice at all!They are really a nice looking speaker in person.Just a note on what everyone was saying about them,youguys where right on about them..HUGE difference!I set then up put on some Diana Krall and then SuperTramp and Cat Stevens.As you guys who have these know how the sound stage and clarity of the LSi-15's are.I for one now know what a great speaker they have been.Thanks guys for all the input and help on this!Attachment not found.:smile:I will add better photo soon.
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    Glad you like them :smile:. Now just get the db840 subs for em and then mod the xovers :biggrin::razz:..... Actually I cant say much since I havent done the x-overs on mine.... yet
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    @EnderShadow,Hey ole timer!Thank you for your input on them.Will do soon on the mod.I can't thank you guys enough!Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    @EnderShadow,Hey ole timer!Thank you for your input on them.Will do soon on the mod.I can't thank you guys enough!

Glad to get a fellow Polkie further along on their audio journey :smile:. If I can help at all let me know..... LOL....

P.S. first time I have ever been called an ole timer lol..... I am still a newbie compared to many of the old guard here :wink:, but I appreciate the comment :biggrin:

Now sit back and enjoy the tunes :smile:. What you driving them with?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    edited March 2012
    Great speaker. Enjoy as is for a while then do the db mod. You'll appreciate the improvement more and it will be more worthwhile imo. Same thing with the xo mod. I've done both, spread out over a couple of years, and it's like getting new speakers each time. (Okay, that's an exaggeration, but both mods give a nice improvement equivalent to their cost.)
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    Yeah wait till Crutchfield has the buy one get one free deal on the Polk 8" sub. That really makes it worth it :smile:. They run that deal often....
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    I have them in a 2.1 set up with the Polk 505 sub,H/K3490 as a pre-amp and Emotiva UPA-1'sx2 that is.They put out 350 into 4 ohms.Would i like a Krell mono?..Hell yeah i would! but for now they will do.They do have a nice warm sound too them,the UPA-1's that is.But as the LSi-15's are sooo smooth!!
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    @PSOVLSK,Thanks for the shout out!Yes great advice,Yes i will play around with them for now.I am thinking around the end of summer or fall i will do the mods on them.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    edited March 2012
    Yeah wait till Crutchfield has the buy one get one free deal on the Polk 8" sub. That really makes it worth it :smile:. They run that deal often....

For sure. That's how I got mine. When I ordered I had a credit at Crutchfield from a previous return that I had forgotten about. I want to say it cost me about $30 for two subs.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2012
    I have them in a 2.1 set up with the Polk 505 sub,H/K3490 as a pre-amp and Emotiva UPA-1'sx2 that is.They put out 350 into 4 ohms.Would i like a Krell mono?..Hell yeah i would! but for now they will do.They do have a nice warm sound too them,the UPA-1's that is.But as the LSi-15's are sooo smooth!!

Thats a decent setup. Make sure you give them room to breathe. Post pics of your setup if you want. Also build yourself some DIY acoustic panels for behind them if you can...
  • Tankman
    edited March 2012
    Thats a decent setup. Make sure you give them room to breathe. Post pics of your setup if you want. Also build yourself some DIY acoustic panels for behind them if you can...
    Oh yeah i been reading up about panels,how they help out a lot.I am hoping too be moving from this APT i live in now.Oh i am using a ONKYO CD DX-390 player it has Vector Liner shaping with direct path sound,not bad for a 6 CD player.Also use a H/K3600 for HT,i use a Niles A/B amp speaker switch to go between the two units.Will do on the pic's of set-up,will get my hands on a better camera tomorrow.