New SSX

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited February 2012 in Video Games
Looking very forward to this release. I have loved the entire series, and glad to see it is making a comback.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Y6z9f4Hm-I&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited February 2012
    SSX is my ladies favorite game on the PS2. She will die when she see's this.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited February 2012
    I've been waiting for a couple of years for SSX to come out on the higher end systems.. really excited about this one myself.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • Phillyphan801
    Phillyphan801 Posts: 40
    edited February 2012
    Haven't played since SSX Tricky, but it was epic....and we had gr8 battles.
  • Phillyphan801
    Phillyphan801 Posts: 40
    edited February 2012
    I will own this game.
  • piker
    piker Posts: 101
    edited February 2012
    I have been a big fan of the entire series. I kept wondering, as the last few years went by, when an attempt would be made to bring out a new SSX on the current generation of consoles. Finally, we are just days away from it now!
    AVR: Onkyo TX-NR808
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 200 watts x 5
    Fronts: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Center: Polk CS2 Series II
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4
    HDTV: 73" Mitsubishi DLP-73740 3D-ready
    PS3, 2x XBOX 360, Wii U, Gaming PC.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2012
    Just a heads up, we released a demo.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • coolsax
    edited February 2012
    can't wait for the release on tuesday!
    not sure i'll have time to download the demo this weekend though.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+

TV 3.1 system -
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2012
    Got the Download....pretty cool, little bit of a re-learning curve, but there is no shortage of areas to get uber points. So far some of the tunes played are pretty good. Looking forward to tuesday.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited February 2012
    I thought SSX Tricky was groundbreaking and one of the best games of its time. Still plays well ! All the other SSX games fell short compared to Tricky. We shall see? Darryl
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jpena53
    jpena53 Posts: 68
    edited February 2012
    Saw an interesting article on Ars Technica about how they use Govt data to plot out real environment such as Mt Everest, Patagonia, etc. They said that some of those mountains were too insane for even them.
    Fronts: Monitor 20s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 30s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-521K

My first true audio setup :smile:

Current Upgrade Plans
    Fronts: Monitor 70s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 50s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: ???? No idea yet
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2012
    Just walked across the grass to pick up my copy! :cheesygrin:

IMG_20120228_140656.jpg
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited February 2012
    Been playing the demo, not sure if I will buy it or not. Maybe wait a bit and buy it used
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited February 2012
    I got it. Don't know how I feel about it just yet. I gotta wait to catch up to the learning curve. Right now, I think the cut scenes and "storyline" are just garbage. They should have cut all that crap and just laid out all the tracks on one screen to be unlocked as you progress.
  • coolsax
    edited February 2012
    I picked it up yesterday and I agree on the cutscenes, I'd rather just get to the slopes.. I do have to catch up on the control curve as well.. did the tutorial for the right analog stick for tricks. and don't really like it.. i'll probably redo the tutorial for button tricks this evening.. also really wish they would have at least put the controls in the box even if they didn't do the full manual. i'll have plenty of time this week to get the my thoughts about it together as the wife will be working extra hours this week.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited February 2012