ls90s Sunfire 325 combo review

warviper
warviper Posts: 585
edited April 2004 in Speakers
Wow this is great. Ive always felt that the 90s were a great speakers when I had them hooked up to the yammy avr with a 110 watts . Then i moved to the carver tfm cb with 100 watts and felt that the sound was smoother and refined and clear. But the bass was lacking at high listining levels. But with the 325 watts behind the 90s the bass is insane and the highs are vivid with greater seperation between the two channels. Massive improvement over the tfm cb. How does it stand up to other amps in its class? I cant realy say because I have not had any other amps connected to my system but I can say that I cant imagin the 90s sounding better. Rolling Stones Through and through when the bass hits towards the end of the song you feel it not just hear it. Even more impressed with the 90s and I feel the sunfire is a solid performer.

Cons:

The Joules meter is always a 400 what ever that means. Prefer the old dials on the tfm better. Like to see the meter moving and peaking and dipping just more eye candy.

On the back of the amp there are two speaker post per channell. One of the post says current supposidly it is ment for the highs and the other says voltage supposidly for the lows. Cant get it working correctly for some reason. The power is not coming through evenly one channel is railing while the other channel is almost flat. Not sure why but when I figure it out Ill post.

When I first hooked it up it sounded harsh, but when it runs for a bit it seems to smooth out better. And now it just smooth as a babys ****.

The worst thing is the fact that F1nut is starting to make sense in the fact that I consider this to be a midfi product and Im wondering what true hifi would sound like. Stereo rocks if you do it right and I sense a new cdp coming soon.
Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
Post edited by warviper on

Comments