PSW 120 Powered subwoofer

Options
Terrence Ryan
Terrence Ryan Posts: 4
edited April 2004 in Troubleshooting
My light on the speaker has gone out and the speaker is not producing sound. How can I tell whether the problem is with the Monster subwoofer cable or with the subwoofer itself?
Post edited by Terrence Ryan on

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Does the light indicate power or signal? Have you checked the fuse (if it has one)?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Not having the LED illuminated, on the unit, would indicate some type of failure in the amplifier. It might be as simple as the AC fuse has been blown due to a surge in your house AC. To check the fuse:
    1). unplug the AC power cord
    2). take out the Phillips head screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate and pull the amplifier away from the cabinet.
    3). your unit will probably have a plastic back box covering the amplifier's circuitry. If so, there will be two slightly smaller Phillips head screws slightly inward of the ones that were previously removed. Once these smaller screws are removed the back box will pull away from the main amplifier chassis.
    4). look at the area where the AC power cord goes through the input metal plate and there should be a fuse.
    Let me know what you find.
    Regards, Ken
  • Terrence Ryan
    edited March 2004
    Options
    There is no light and there is no fuse.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hello Terrance,
    When you say there's no fuse, do you mean there's no fuse in the fuse holder or you can't locate where the fuse is supposed to be?
    Ken
  • Terrence Ryan
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I mean that I don't see a place where a fuse would go.

Polk thinks that it is the amplifier in the speaker.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Terrence,
    Did you see the reply, I gave, about pulling the amplifier out of the cabinet to check for the fuse?
    Ken
  • Terrence Ryan
    edited April 2004
    Options
    No, but I will.