The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword gets released tonight, Nov. 19th, who's in??

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited November 2011 in Video Games
I don't play much video games.. but this Legend Of Zelda series could be really good.. it's releasing at midnight.. and
i'm hoping to get mine.

who else likes Zelda on Nintendo Wii? :cheesygrin:
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2011
    My wife loves zelda and everytime a new one comes out she has too run and buy it but I dont think she will be standing in line to buy one at 12 am
  • danger boy
    edited November 2011
    My wife loves zelda and everytime a new one comes out she has too run and buy it but I dont think she will be standing in line to buy one at 12 am

you might be surprised.. it's been years since any Zelda game has been released... your wife might just be standing in line tonight. lol
  • danger boy
    edited November 2011
    it's almost release time.. mwuhaaaaaaa!!
  • dfretwell
    dfretwell Posts: 103
    edited November 2011
    Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time is maybe the best game ever...
  • piker
    piker Posts: 101
    edited November 2011
    Smallies wrote: »
    Good news though no playing as a wolf that was lame.

I agree. I only made it to the second dungeon in Twilight Princess, and then I could not take any more. I have to pass on Skyward Sword because I sold my Wii after 2 weeks of owning it. There's just nothing there for the hardcore gamer.

The Wii U will probably be too expensive and strange to catch on. We'll see how it goes though, as the name Nintendo will likely help sales alone... even if the consumer doesn't know what they're getting into.

Perhaps the Zelda game made for the new console will blow my mind. 1080p... yes please! None of this 480 crap in 2011/2012.
    AVR: Onkyo TX-NR808
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 200 watts x 5
    Fronts: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Center: Polk CS2 Series II
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 70 Series II
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4
    HDTV: 73" Mitsubishi DLP-73740 3D-ready
    PS3, 2x XBOX 360, Wii U, Gaming PC.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2011
    Looks like the game is getting rave reviews (IGN gave it a 10), saying its the best zelda game ever. I have to say its a little surprising cause everyone hypes ocarina of time to be THE game. I had different feelings about that game, it was a really good game, but I wasn't amazed by it. I thought the sequel Majoras mask was better overall.

But I lost interest in zelda after the failed attempt of the wind waker (way too easy and overbarren world). I did try twilight princess at a friends years ago, but all the motion controls felt too gimmicky. I hear though this game apparently uses motion controls much more naturally (ex. the way you swing will register, not just moving the remote, sounds neat).
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27