Crysis 1 on ps3 and 360

polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
edited October 2011 in Video Games
I was browsing games and saw this on the market place and playstation store for $20 and was wondering if anyone here has bought it or saw the game in action

I have not played crysis 2 but have been told in the past that its not as good as the first installment. Does anyone here have the pc game they could compare it too ?

I keep leaning towards the idea of getting into some of these high end pc games and just keeping the consoles around to play with friends and family
Post edited by polkfarmboy on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited October 2011
    I've been tempted to buy this on 360, 'cause I never had the PC to run the old one. They supposedly rebuilt the original game in the new engine, so it ought to look fantastic. Crysis 2 is one of the best-looking games on the 360.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited October 2011
    I ended up buying this for the xbox instead of the ps3 due to space restrictions on my ps3 hard drive .I have to say that this game on the xbox looks amazing .I was blown away by how good it looked when I fired it up on the epson to check it out .The lighting is spectacular and the action is just great .For $20 its not going to break the bank and give you alot of fun .I just wish they had a multiplayer version
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure how well they 'rebuilt' the first one using the new engine and so how that affects the graphics, but I can say that Crysis 2 on the xbox, even on the PC actually, doesn't even begin to compare graphically to Crysis 1 on the PC. If they've managed to preserve even 2/3's of its magnificence, it'll still be a strong contender with Crysis 2. And at least on the PC, the environments were a lot more interactive and destructible. I'm not sure how that's changed with the xbox version. For $20 I wouldn't hesitate to grab it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520