I'm loseing my a$$ in the stock market!

Turbota
Turbota Posts: 255
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Thanks ... Well, I now have that off my chest!

Damn :mad:
2-Channel Audio
Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2004
    No worries, it is going to keep dumping for another three weeks if it continues to follow the NEKEI index crash in 98...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited March 2004
    You can thank the Israelis for assasinating that Hamass dude. There is turmoil in the middle east (whoda thunk?) again and it's going to affect all kinds of stuff everywhere. The market is nervous. It'll come back eventually.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • silverghost
    silverghost Posts: 77
    edited March 2004
    I was down 30% 7 years ago, and I've only recovered about half of THAT since then. At my age, 15 points in 7 years doesn't instill much optimism. On the upside, in another 7 years I'll be even. But at that point, my heirs will be enjoying the money 'cause I'll either be in a home or a Glad bag!
    Yamaha HTR-5640Polk RTi70 Mains Polk CSi30 CenterDayton Titanic MKIII Sub
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Welcome sg...

Better pace yourself pardnah, too funny right out of the box raises expectations...

Nice rig...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • silverghost
    edited March 2004
    Thanks, man. The rig gets the job done in my place. But then, again, it's the best I've ever had, so what do I know?:rolleyes:

BTW, you guys on this forum are the greatest resource I've come across. Keep it 'tween the ditches!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited March 2004
    Oh God, another Texan.......oh well, welcome. :D

"Glad bag".......Gold Jerry Gold!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• silverghost
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Oh God, another Texan.......oh well, welcome. :D

"Glad bag".......Gold Jerry Gold!

:D:D:D
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2004
    Hey, don't make fun of Texans! I'm gonna be one in about a month:)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Actually a year of residency is required before you can become naturalized... :cool:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Spoonman
    Spoonman Posts: 135
    edited March 2004
    if it continues to follow the NEKEI index crash in 98...

You mean 89 don't you? From a high of almost 39,000 to about 11,500 today.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by Spoonman
    You mean 89 don't you? From a high of almost 39,000 to about 11,500 today.

Nope, about 1997 to 1999 The bottow was 98 sometime.

www.clearstation.com

Poke around this sight for a bit and you'll find the info. Feb 03 they predicted the October boom and the March 04 selloff

Another good education sight for everyone is:

Fool.com

Both of these let my portfolios average over 40% since 2000 and well over 100% last year (only 7.5% so far this year)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Spoonman
    Spoonman Posts: 135
    edited March 2004
    One man's risk is another man's profit as is timing. Good luck to you!

Wondering how long it will take for the Nikkei to ever see 39000 again....................