Our newest member to the SDA brotherhood...

Options
2»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    George, you float a trademark out there without registering it and it becomes public domain.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Well BULLY for you with The Amazing's.

Put a pair of AR-9's on your list too, cause even though I've never had SDA (heard it, never owned it), I got images about 5' to the side of either cabinet, with front to back stuff going on that's incredible.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • George Grand
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Well beyond inventing it.... and then saying it..... who else do I have to see about reggie's?

George Grand (of the Jerey Grands)
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by George Grand

I got images about 5' to the side of either cabinet, with front to back stuff going on that's incredible.

Already have those!!!

Oh, as for more speakers, I still need to find a way to get Russ his pre-back and a better CD player, those are at the top of the list...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • George Grand
    edited March 2004
    Options
    You mean the Adcom SLC-505 passive that originated right here. I got it from Adcom directly. Had fun with it I trust?

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I feel like I'm talking to the Polk board Yoda now...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Yeah, he resembles that remark... But DO NOT ask to see his light sabre... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    What can I say George, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Ok, so 'The Truth' is untouchable, I should have known better, and would like that remark struck from the record.

Yessir, the SLC is the one you originally sold to Troy, I swapped him an m200t for it sometime last year, if James REALLY likes it - he can go find his own. THAT is a cool piece I plan to keep in my humble audio stash.

You forgot to add 'magic closet' to the list of copyrighted material.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I hate that "Imitation.. sincerest... flattery" stuff.

So tell Troy I've been raving about Sansui speakers getting driven by JC Penney "MCS" receivers. See how long it takes for him to get a "steal" from a thrift shop.

Right. Forgot about the "Magic Closet" and "Magic Closet Annex". I am also still not finished with "Cro-Mag type/s", "neanderthal/s", and "dunderhead/s" if you don't mind.

• Tour2ma
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Who owns "whaaambulance"...
    It's one I might like to take out for a spin sometime... :)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• George Grand
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Not I.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I hate that..........

Ok, ok, so I have a man-crush on you. Blame the wife beater T's and brylcreme, not me.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Who owns "whaaambulance"...
    It's one I might like to take out for a spin sometime... :)

The Movie "The Kid"
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I hate that "Imitation.. sincerest... flattery" stuff.

So tell Troy I've been raving about Sansui speakers getting driven by JC Penney "MCS" receivers. See how long it takes for him to get a "steal" from a thrift shop.

Right. Forgot about the "Magic Closet" and "Magic Closet Annex". I am also still not finished with "Cro-Mag type/s", "neanderthal/s", and "dunderhead/s" if you don't mind.

Eh, nope. I've had Sansui speakers. Gave 'em to Russ a couple years ago.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Right. Forgot about the "Magic Closet" and "Magic Closet Annex". George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)

I'd like to formally apply for the "Magic Closet Outlet" moniker since Annex is already taken.

Oh, for those that don't know, if you visit the Magic Closet and/or the Magic Closet Annex, the Magic Closet Gedunk is usually open too and you can't leave the prescence of the Magic Closet without visiting the Magic Closet Gedunk! If you bring "spirits" the good kind, not your own cheeky self, the Gedunk reserves V.I.P. seating for you! Regretfully though, The Magic Closet Caretaker must first extend you an invitation because The Magic Closet doesn't see just anyone ya know!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • George Grand
    edited March 2004
    Options
    There's something wrong with that boy. Not bad wrong. Sort of a healthy and vibrant wrong.

Also if it serves to incite and stimulate others, I guess I could be pissed at Russ. How'd I do?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited March 2004
    Options
    There's something wrong with that boy. Not bad wrong. Sort of a healthy and vibrant wrong.

Also if it serves to incite and stimulate others, I guess I could be pissed at Russ. How'd I do?

I think it's just gas.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!