Ever ride horses?

Options
Unknown
edited July 2011 in The Clubhouse
I have not been on a horse in 20yrs!
So when I had a chance to ride one last weekend, I thought "why not".
Got on the horse, and the damn thing took off, full gallop!
As soon as it reached full gallop, I could feel the saddle sliding to the left side.
Slowly it slid more and more, till I felt the need to just jump off.
When I went to jump off, my foot got caught in the stirrup, and was trapped!
So now I am off the horse with my foot caught in the stirrup, and with every stride, my head would hit the ground.
Up and down, up and down, head banging the whole time!
I was nearly knocked smooth out, when I see someone running up to the side of me with their arm extended.
I thought they would reach and get my foot untangled from the stirrup, but instead reached and unplugged the horse from the receptacle.
Turns out it was the manager of the Target, and I credit her with basically saving my life.'
If it was not for her, I don't think I would be here today.
Worst 50 cents I ever spent!:cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol. Damn, those things have gone up in price. When I was a kid, they were a penny... though I've never had one of em get away from me like yours did... guess I was a more careful rider.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2010
    Options
    While I do find this post quite funny... I question it from a 1 post wonder :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lmao........classic.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The horses at Meijer are still a penny.
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Next time will be even more rare, they will be Unicorns. Just imagine where their horns will be.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Gee most new members post about Polk or audio in general. I'm confused why join to just post jokes
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think this was a very refreshing first post ...... very witty , well done and welcome to the forum
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    While I do find this post quite funny... I question it from a 1 post wonder :)
    potee wrote: »
    Gee most new members post about Polk or audio in general. I'm confused why join to just post jokes
    I think this was a very refreshing first post ...... very witty , well done and welcome to the forum
    Yep, I think it is much better to introduce your self to the forum in such a way than commiting suicide on a cable thread :wink:

Good one pepster and welcome to Club Polk. Now, what's in your man cave :frown: Need any help from the good folks here to empty your wallet/bank account :eek:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited November 2010
    Options
    here's a safer pony ride for you
  • TECHNOKID
    edited November 2010
    Options
    jvc wrote: »
    here's a safer pony ride for you
    Looks like you have grand son 2 :wink:
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Up and down, up and down, head banging the whole time!"

That explains so much!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You dawg!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TECHNOKID
    edited July 2011
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    "Up and down, up and down, head banging the whole time!"

That explains so much!
    pepster wrote: »
    You dawg!
    Hey, that was your call, you brought it back to life! :tongue:

I would hope this was your last horse ride ever! ;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dislike horses in reality, they're awful animals. The feeling is mutual, I assure you so I could care less at this age.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I dislike horse, they're awful animals. The feeling is mutual, I assure you so I could care less at this age.

Yeah, but they are pretty "good eatin"!:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just ride elephants.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    edited July 2011
    Options
    One of my favorite sketches from 'Kids in the Hall' Chicken Lady "Got to ride the Horsie"

http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/five/chknhorse.html
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I dislike horses in reality, they're awful animals. The feeling is mutual, I assure you so I could care less at this age.

You should go on a trail ride with us...both the riders and the horses like beer :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • aviator
    aviator Posts: 159
    edited July 2011
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    You should go on a trail ride with us...both the riders and the horses like beer :)

My dog would drink all the horses beer.
  • TECHNOKID
    edited July 2011
    Options
    aviator wrote: »
    My dog would drink all the horses beer.
    Maybe that is the reason Doro and horses don't get along, right old dog?

beer_drinking_horse.jpg

image dog drinking beer.bmp

image drinking dog.jpg
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's a well known equine fact that in thanks to the dogs for letting the horses know about the joy of hanging their head out of a moving vehicle at 60+ mph that the horses allow the dogs to drink their beer.

Our dog gets along well with the horses since our mutt prefers whiskey!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.