GNX124's

Options
IcePhreak08
IcePhreak08 Posts: 22
edited March 2004 in Custom Fabrication
I have 2 GNX 124's (12") and I was wondering if it was ok to put them in a dual box...I was looking around on this polk site, and the only GNX model that they have a dual box plans for are GNX128...128's are 8 ohms, 124's are 4 ohms...I was just wondering if it would be ok to put them in a dual box, and if so does anyone have any plans.
Rollin deep in the T-bird.

1992 Thunderbird LX, w/ sport option.

JBL audio system, Fosgate Punch8004 amp, 2 gnx124's (12")
Post edited by IcePhreak08 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Do you mean a shared chamber box or a dual sub box with a divider in the middle? If it is the latter, that is basically two sealed boxes put together. A shared chamber box will work also, but it's better to have them bridged together so they don't work against each other. The box with the divider is preferred.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    Options
    i'd say that the plans for the 128s and the 124s are interchangeable; they're basically the same sub; if polks plans don't fit your needs, just ask and ill try to come up with a better fit
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • IcePhreak08
    IcePhreak08 Posts: 22
    edited March 2004
    Options
    It is a split Dual box... now my only problem is that i dont think its gonna fit the spot it needs to go, so i might have to build/buy a new box, but i will know tomorrow when the box comes in...thanks guys
    Rollin deep in the T-bird.

1992 Thunderbird LX, w/ sport option.

JBL audio system, Fosgate Punch8004 amp, 2 gnx124's (12")
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    Options
    hey josh, i thought it was the other way round. it would seem to me that sharing a chamber would cancel out any slight differences between the subs (somewhat like an isobarik setup), and that the benefit of the divider lies in the reinforcement of the box. is that right?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs