Kinect

Options
lago24
lago24 Posts: 4
edited April 2011 in Video Games
I am thinking about buying a Xbox 360 Kinect. Anyone have one? Thoughts?
Post edited by lago24 on

Comments

• mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have had one since launch and initially it was a LOT of fun. However, much like my Wii and Playstation Move, it is beginning to gather dust. This is mainly due to developers slowly releasing titles. The initial awe factor is great though, you just need to make sure that you have plenty of room for it to work optimally.

I actually play my Move with Heavy Rain and Killzone 3 more than I use the Kinect.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kinect is interesting tech, but I only use mine occasionally. That said, I'll be using the hell out of it when Child Of Eden comes out. I do, however, use voice command in Netflix, Last.FM, etc., so Kinect isn't going completely unused. I'll be using it tomorrow in Kinect Sports to help get the Guiness record (but mostly to get the free avatar clothes).
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm debating the Move for the PS3, but am afraid I'll end up in the same boat as mutelight.

I'd be as curious how many games you guys are playing with the Move, not just how often!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • dougr
    dougr Posts: 124
    edited April 2011
    Options
    have had it since debut... great for kids games and exercise games, not so much otherwise (yet). has potential, but, IMHO not worth it yet.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I'm debating the Move for the PS3, but am afraid I'll end up in the same boat as mutelight.

I'd be as curious how many games you guys are playing with the Move, not just how often!

I play Tiger 12, Heavy Rain, Sports Champion, and Killzone 3 currently.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • GoBigBlue
    GoBigBlue Posts: 212
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Killzone 3 with Move and the Sharpshooter attachment is wicked awesome.