Battlefield 3 - PC or 360?

Options
PrazVT
PrazVT Posts: 1,606
edited April 2011 in Video Games
Just want to get a feel for what team STD err... [POLK] prefers platform-wise. I already pre-ordered BF3 for the PC (sentimental reasons ...ala BF2/BF2142), but I can call and try to switch to XBOX360.
ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
Post edited by PrazVT on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It is being designed for the PC.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know ...but for the sake of playing w/ folks here it seems 360 is what people are going to play it on.

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There will probably only be a few of us here playing it on PC. The majority prefers the red ring of death machine.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can't the XBOX and PC community play together, or is that only on some games, or not on any games? I know PS3 is out on its own, but you'd think 360 and PC groups would be able to play together given the whole Windows Live infrastructure...\\
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can't the XBOX and PC community play together, or is that only on some games, or not on any games? I know PS3 is out on its own, but you'd think 360 and PC groups would be able to play together given the whole Windows Live infrastructure...\\

You would think (and wish) it was possible, but I doubt it will ever happen.
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So meanwhile, I'll have to forsake the PC experience. We'll see. If it sucks on the console, I may end up getting the PC version later.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately i have to get this one on the Flop-Box due to not wanting to build a new computer yet. If multiplayer takes off like a bat out of hell, then i might just end up getting that PC rollin.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • PrazVT
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah let's see how it goes.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • blehmbo
    blehmbo Posts: 179
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PC for me. I can't stand controllers for shooters.
  • vadang
    vadang Posts: 101
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am a PC gamer, just seems much more natural to me. Only game I play on console (b/c there is no other choice) is Gears of War.
    Living Room:
    Paradigm Cinema 330 x 3, Pioneer 9040TXH

Media Room:
    RTi12, CSi5, F/Xi3, RTi4, Onkyo SR805, SVS PB12 Plus/2, HSU MBM
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    You would think (and wish) it was possible, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Agreed. Or to at least be able to get on Xbox Live and in parties via PC... that would be nice.

My new Silverado is going to get all my monetary attention from here on out, so I'm gonna have to get it for the 360. I'd have to build a new PC to be able to run it, and if I build a PC it's gonna be an extrememly high-end laptop. The way I see it, I can spend 3500 on a laptop or 3500 on a turbo kit... I choose turbo.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • PrazVT
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well I've always been a PC gamer so that always took precedence - hell I only got an xbox like a year and a half ago.

In the midst of my audio upgrades, I did manage to upgrade my cpu to a 6core i7 970. Then I had to replace my dual-gpu GTX295 w/ a GTX570 SC when the 295 died. But the 295 is under warranty so I need to send it in to eVGA. Also eVGA has a 90 day step up plan so I may upgrade to a GTX580 before that period ends.

I think ultimately I'm going to go ahead and pick up the PC version of this game when it comes out. I probably shouldn't have changed my pre-order from PC to 360 in the first place. Oh well.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PrazVT wrote: »
    Well I've always been a PC gamer so that always took precedence - hell I only got an xbox like a year and a half ago.

In the midst of my audio upgrades, I did manage to upgrade my cpu to a 6core i7 970. Then I had to replace my dual-gpu GTX295 w/ a GTX570 SC when the 295 died. But the 295 is under warranty so I need to send it in to eVGA. Also eVGA has a 90 day step up plan so I may upgrade to a GTX580 before that period ends.

I think ultimately I'm going to go ahead and pick up the PC version of this game when it comes out. I probably shouldn't have changed my pre-order from PC to 360 in the first place. Oh well.

Whatever, you know you will buy both. :tongue:
  • PrazVT
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah pretty much.

Home Theater:

2 Channel:
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is the first PC game that looks WAY beyond anything the consoles can do (things like 4k resolution ignored).

Curious how the console ports will be.... I would wait to play the PC demo to see how it runs for you.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pc for me , as not to waste my 560 Ti's in SLi that were purchased a few months ago (via Evga stepup) .
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more