Lets talk amps

Esreuter
Esreuter Posts: 176
edited April 2011 in Electronics
Hi all,

just getting into exernal amps and am wondering what brands there are out there besides the emotiva and i ran across one called outlaw.

just would like to learn the different companies to see the options and your guys thoughts on brands.

thank you all

esr
AVR: Sony 5600ES
Center: CS2II (Clarity Caps PX, Perfect Lay coil, Mundorf resistors)
Front: Monitor 70 II (Clarity Caps PX, Perfect Lay coils, Mundorf resistors)
Surrounds: Monitor 40 II (Clarity Caps PX, Perfect Lay coil, Mundorf resistors)
Rear Surrounds: Monitor 40 II (Clarity Caps PX, Perfect Lay coil, Mundorf resistors)

More to come :biggrin:
Post edited by Esreuter on

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited April 2011
    What price range are you looking into?
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited April 2011
    How many channels do you need as well???? 2-3-5-7???? mono???
  • Esreuter
    edited April 2011
    7 channels.

either in one box or can be a combo.

budget is not a concern, i would like to see companies in a wide range.
    Rear Surrounds: Monitor 40 II (Clarity Caps PX, Perfect Lay coil, Mundorf resistors)

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited April 2011
    Parasound
    Rotel
    Adcom
    Carver
    Sunfire
    B&K
    Nad

All good amp company's that's very popular.
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited April 2011
    Adcom, B&K, Rotel, Carver, NAD, ATI, Bryston, Krell, Pass Labs, Anthem, Sunfire, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Conrad Johnson, Odyssey, Bel Canto, First Watt, Wyred4Sound, Parasound, Classe, BAT, Boulder, Crown, and about a million more that I missed....

In short, everyone and their brother makes amplifiers :)
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited April 2011
    Budget is not a concern?

I hate you. :)

You may want to add what speakers you are using, what the purpose is (Home Theatre, 2 channel music, etc.) if using an AVR, which, what you are looking for in terms of sound, etc. etc. As said previously, there are MANY companies that make good - great amplifiers.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2011
    If budget doesn't matter you should pick up a BAT VK 6200. You can get this in a 5 channel amp and then do the BAT VK600SE and do it as a mono block. This would just run you a mere 37K or so. 26K for the VK600SE monos and then the other is around 11K depending on how you confirgure the amp.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    edited April 2011
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    If budget doesn't matter you should pick up a BAT VK 6200. You can get this in a 5 channel amp and then do the BAT VK600SE and do it as a mono block. This would just run you a mere 37K or so. 26K for the VK600SE monos and then the other is around 11K depending on how you configure the amp.

Yeah, that BAT stuff looks pretty great!!! I'm pretty sure the 6200 is configured for 2 - 6 channels and then the 600 can be ordered in either a stereo amp or mono-block configuration, either way, you've got your 7 channels collectively, pretty cool stuff.

BTW op, can I have your "money is no object" option?
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited April 2011
    If I had unlimited funds it would be Audio Research's Reference 610T, with a Reference 5 Pre-amp and a Reference Phono phono stage. That is a lot of of tube lovin'.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2011
    Esreuter wrote: »
    pit dog i think your right. after the home mods, i have been looking into the emotia upa-7.
    i think that will really bring my set up to life.

any one know the price on these at the emotiva website it simply states out of stock.

how about any one with experiences with these amps, they seem popular and rugged.

So much for cost no object:rolleyes:....

I saw that coming from a mile away.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited April 2011

. . . and probably hooked to Bose using Monster . . . :biggrin:
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited April 2011

to be fair, a lot of people don't realize what 'cost no object' means in audio... when you can buy the ultimate in sound by bose for 999.99, people figure spend a few hundred on a piece and you're golden.... many people will find it hard to believe that you can spend 50k on an amp... hell, I know someone who built an entire home theater without even knowing what an amplifier was...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to Club Polk ESR.

All of the recommendations for amps will do just fine. Why don't you tell us about your system and a better price range since you will get suggestions from all over the price map unless you narrow it down for us.

We love to spend other peoples money!:biggrin:

WTG, NSJ people were actually being helpful & you had to come in and muck it up. You just can't help yourself can you?:rolleyes:

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    After reading the OP's other posts...
    budget is not a concern, i would like to see companies in a wide range
    and then his comments about the Emo, it would seem that cost truly is a factor. I do agree that there was some help being offered here, however those offering help should also know that the OP was not being up front about his budget.

A link to his membership at....

The Emo Lounge.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=esreuter
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • slk55amg
    slk55amg Posts: 305
    edited April 2011
    Budget was a concern for me, I added an EMOTIVA XPA5 to my system when I went to a LSI front sound stage, and have been very happy with the results. A Bryson or a Krell would be better, and maybe that will happen at some point in the future.
    Emotiva XPA5, Sony ES 5300,: Lsi 15,s LSIC, Monitor 70,s, ( side surrounds) FXI 3,s, (rear surrounds)Micropro4000, Velodyne DEQ 10, Sony 55inchXBR 930D Sony BDP 790 Bedroom rig SonyES 3200 RTIA1,s CSIA4 FXI3,s polk PSW 10 SONY 34inch XBR960:cool:SONY BDP550
  • cfrizz
    edited April 2011
    Who cares? I don't care where you or anyone else might be registered members of other boards. I deal with the meat of the question in this case the names of amp brands that will get the job done.

Stop looking for something to &itch about. Do you go research everybodies statements and other affiliations?

You need to get a life!

After reading the OP's other posts... and then his comments about the Emo, it would seem that cost truly is a factor. I do agree that there was some help being offered here, however those offering help should also know that the OP was not being up front about his budget.

A link to his membership at....

The Emo Lounge.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=esreuter
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jinjuku
    jinjuku Posts: 1,523
    edited April 2011
    cfrizz wrote: »
    WTG, NSJ people were actually being helpful & you had to come in and muck it up. You just can't help yourself can you?:rolleyes:

Cathy,

He can't help himself. But remember he is never the troll:wink::rolleyes:
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited April 2011
    jinjuku wrote: »
    Cathy,

He can't help himself. But remember he is never the troll:wink::rolleyes:

Neither of you are being fair.

It is obvious the original poster was being disingenuous. He wanted to draw out "audiophile" suggestions and then bash them with his preconceived solution. If that's not trolling, I don't know what is.

'Nuf said about this dead thread.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    edited April 2011
    I have seen great camaraderie between members and experienced first rate answers to those in the need, but occasionally, while on this forum, I see things slip into the club arrogance zone.

I'm beginning to think some members have keyboards 10' wide. I'm glad we live in America where we can hate with dignity and honor.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2011
    Don't sweat it and remember that a lot of guys and gals here have years of experience with Audio, there's bound to be little 'give and take' and 'friction' now and then.

I'd say, lay back and things will resolve themselves; one way or another. Until then, I think the OP deserves the 'benefit of the doubt. for now!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • olilugo
    olilugo Posts: 405
    edited April 2011
    I know having an external amp is what you hear the most on this forum.
    At the end you are the only one that can decided if you need one or not.
    My 2 cents on the matter:
    you will need an external amp if your speakers are rated 4ohm.
    you will need an external amp if your speakers can dip into the 4 or below ohm range under certain conditions.
    You will need an external amp if your speakers are rated 250watts or more and you play them close to max.
    you will need an external amp if you want to buy one because it makes you happy.

Otherwise, you don't need an external amp. what you need is a better receiver, or upgrade your speakers or upgrade to your cd/dvd/blue ray player or just be happy and enjoy what you have.
    Current HT setup
    Mains: B&W 804s
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Surround: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Velodyne DLS-3750R
    Receiver: Pioneer SC-07
    Amplifier: Sunfire TGA5200
    TV: Sony KDS60A2020
    DBP: Sony DBP-S350
    CDP: Pioneer DV-48AV
    Interconnect cables: SignalCable analog II
    speaker cables: SignalCable Ultra Speaker Cables Bi-wire
  • Esreuter
    edited April 2011
    ahhh you guys are all just being fourmies.

by that i mean, some one asks you for advice in general and there is a million different directions your brain can go. and then you throw your hands in the air and say what is it you want? budget, purpose, gift, to light on fire?

trust me, i am guilty of this too on other forums when the subject is knowledgeable to me.

what i was originally asking, and perhaps i wasn't clear enough, i wanted to know amp companies. every time i try to find stuff thru Google i find 30- 100$ amps that i am not sure are the right ones.

this is my first venture into external amps in the world of home theatre and AC power so its all forgien to me and i am simply looking to see who is who.

of course i am not going to buy a 36k$ amp, horse pucky, just doing research on companies.

as far as membership on other forums, ill join any forum to speak and discuss and learn about products i am interested in. just to make a informed purchase.

now that i have a list of companies i can research. chat and answer those questions you asked before.

in fact, i can answer a few now.

intention: home theatre, xbox and other games(most important), sometimes 2 channel music( nothing epic, mp3s **** quality most of em, just music for dishes and cleaning the house, i dont need to pick out the 3rd chair trumpet in the orchestra.)
    why?: system running right now at about 45 watts per channel, meh, not loud enough plus i want to take some work off the head unit.
    Have:
    Polk monitor series, 70's on front cs2 in middle, 40's for all surround channels, no sub yet. Sony da 5400 es head unit, 10 gauge cables. xbox 360 as the dvd source.

goal of system: in undergrad built a boomy system, cerwin vega and jbls, all i wanted was to feel the room shake. now my intentions are more clarity and range of sound. according to my ears, other forums and research at audio shops i went with the polk line. monitors because new egg is closing them out on the cheap. i lack the experience to differentiate between home built drivers or 8k$ a piece front towers. that was a factor in my purchase too. as will it be in a amp purchase. sooooo long winded point short i seek clarity and need more volume.

budget: i honestly feel that 800 to 1k is fair for a first purchase. even below that $ limit if you guys know a good amp, like i said i lack the experience to hear the difference between a BAT and a EMO.

soo that should take care of most of the stuff you need to know.

forgive the lateness of my response, the wife and i are honeymooning in Disney. Animal kingdom today, it was alright, i dont want to go to epcot, i hear its lame. got a sweet deal as Florida residents though. so if i take some time to reply forgive me.

and again thank you all for your help and input.

ESR. :biggrin:

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Next up is my Sunfire Cinema Grand Arcitect's Choice Series II amp. This is the 17" version that puts out 225w @ 8ohm & 450w @ 4 ohms. This amp drives the Lsi's with absolutely no problem at all and does not break a sweat. The only issue with the amp is the on/off switch. When in the on position it works as should, but when in the stand-by or off position, there is static/distortion heard even when there is no source connected. I contacted Rita's repair sevice when I bought the unit and they told me that it sounded like a bad switch. I never replaced the switch because I connect my amps to a surge protector and keep the amps on and just use the on/off switch of the protector...asking $750

The switch he speaks of is an easy fix with some Deoxit. It is located on the back of the amp and is easy to replace if you decide to go that route.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118394

These are nice amps and with what you describe, you won't need anything else.

• cfrizz
    edited April 2011
    Congratulations on your marriage!:smile:

You have put together a nice system, giving it lots of power will take you to the next level & keep you happy for years to come. Look for a 5-7 channel amp of at least 200wpc @ 8ohms. This will power your current speakers & just about any other speakers you buy in the future to their full potential.

I'm partial to Sunfire, Parasound, and Rotel. Outlaw Audio is good bang for the buck brand new as is Emotiva.

This can be a very expensive hobby, so do it once & do it right the first time around for a great sounding HT & a happy wife who won't start screaming about you continually buying the same gear over & over again!:biggrin:

by that i mean, some one asks you for advice in general and there is a million different directions your brain can go. and then you throw your hands in the air and say what is it you want? budget, purpose, gift, to light on fire?

trust me, i am guilty of this too on other forums when the subject is knowledgeable to me.

what i was originally asking, and perhaps i wasn't clear enough, i wanted to know amp companies. every time i try to find stuff thru Google i find 30- 100$ amps that i am not sure are the right ones.

this is my first venture into external amps in the world of home theatre and AC power so its all forgien to me and i am simply looking to see who is who.

of course i am not going to buy a 36k$ amp, horse pucky, just doing research on companies.

as far as membership on other forums, ill join any forum to speak and discuss and learn about products i am interested in. just to make a informed purchase.

now that i have a list of companies i can research. chat and answer those questions you asked before.

intention: home theatre, xbox and other games(most important), sometimes 2 channel music( nothing epic, mp3s **** quality most of em, just music for dishes and cleaning the house, i dont need to pick out the 3rd chair trumpet in the orchestra.)
    why?: system running right now at about 45 watts per channel, meh, not loud enough plus i want to take some work off the head unit.
    Have:
    Polk monitor series, 70's on front cs2 in middle, 40's for all surround channels, no sub yet. Sony da 5400 es head unit, 10 gauge cables. xbox 360 as the dvd source.

goal of system: in undergrad built a boomy system, cerwin vega and jbls, all i wanted was to feel the room shake. now my intentions are more clarity and range of sound. according to my ears, other forums and research at audio shops i went with the polk line. monitors because new egg is closing them out on the cheap. i lack the experience to differentiate between home built drivers or 8k$ a piece front towers. that was a factor in my purchase too. as will it be in a amp purchase. sooooo long winded point short i seek clarity and need more volume.

budget: i honestly feel that 800 to 1k is fair for a first purchase. even below that $ limit if you guys know a good amp, like i said i lack the experience to hear the difference between a BAT and a EMO.

forgive the lateness of my response, the wife and i are honeymooning in Disney. Animal kingdom today, it was alright, i dont want to go to epcot, i hear its lame. got a sweet deal as Florida residents though. so if i take some time to reply forgive me.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited April 2011
    An all around nice HT/Gaming and music amp could be a B&K 7250. I've had this 5 channel in my HT for over 15 years and has never caused me any problems and is powerful enough for anything I throw at it.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • carwashguy
    carwashguy Posts: 131
    edited April 2011
    Love my Parasound 5250
    Living Room
    LSi 15
    LSi7
    LSiC
    LSiFX
    2 EPIK Empire
    2 W4S Sx-1000
    Monster HTPS 7000 MKII
    Parasound 5250
    Onkyo PR-SC5508
    Oppo BDP-95
    Pro-Ject RM 1.3
    LG 55 LED

Bedroom
    RTi A7
    CSi A6
    FXi A6
    2 PSW 125
    Onkyo TX-NR1008
    Panasonic 60 Plasma
  • Rodeo0530
    Rodeo0530 Posts: 797
    edited April 2011
    I just bought a used Parasound 2203 and lots of other goodies on CL for $350. It has made my Monitor 70's and CS2 open up dramatically. My HT sounds a lot better than it did before and I'm still using junk IC's at the moment. I wasn't sure about external power, but it makes a difference. I can tell quite a difference when listening to 2 channel now as compared to before. I didn't quite notice it at first, but everything just sounds better than it did before. Good luck on finding a nice amp. It's well worth it!

Front - Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center - Polk Audio CS2
    Rear - Polk Audio TSi 100
    Sub - Klipsch rw-10d
    AVR - Onkyo ht-rc180
    Main Amp- Parasound HCA-2003
    Surround Amp- Sonance Sonamp 260
    Tuner- Parasound tdq-1600
    Turntable- Pro-ject Debut III USB w/upgraded platter
    IPod dock - Pure i20
    TV - Panasonic Viera tc-p46g10
    Sony Playstation 3(250GB)
    Nintendo Wii
    Power Conditioner- Panamax 5100

Not in use-
    Polk Audio Monitor 60
    Polk Audio PSW10
    Parasound p/sp-1000
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited April 2011

Have:

Very clear and to the point, if more people asked questions like that they'd get better answers. I'd look back to the amps listed in the beginning of the post... Type each one into craigslist or audiogon.com and see what comes up in your budget. if you find one you like, Google it and see what others have said, or post a specific choice on here before you pull the trigger and I can guarantee someone has either owned it or heard it. Good luck on the hunt, and I'm sure you'll be happy with what you get.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2011
    jinjuku wrote: »
    But remember he is never the troll

You're right, you play that role to the "T".

Esreuter wrote:
    every time i try to find stuff thru Google i find 30- 100$ amps that i am not sure are the right ones.

Hmmm...every time I look they are in the $30-$100K range. Maybe your Google is broken.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk