Options
13»

Comments

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Great time last night.

A lot of cool gear, Speakers, Tooobs and a bunch of cool guys.

I was very impressed with our local Mad Scientist (Ben's) DIY gear and the cool cases he built his gear in. Ben also brought a box of a lot of tubes that Brandon ran through my little tube tester. I bought a pair of Amperex tubes that sounded reallllllly sweet in my DAC. Thanks Ben

I also really liked Ed's Vienna Acoustics. They are a very cool looking monitor with a clear driver and port vents on either side of the tweeter. Sounded great and are very impressive.

Thanks to Paul for bringing his Monitor 7's. I have always wanted to hear a pair, and to get to hear a pair in my house was a bonus. They sounded great as I would have expected.

It was cool to finally meet Ken. Like many of us I spoke to him on the phone many times but never got a chance to meet.

Tony also brought some cool gear and we had it running in both the upstairs and downstairs rig. Thanks for bringing the wings. Love Bateman's wings.

Brandon brought his PS Audio DAC to run some A/B testing. That PS Audio DAC sounds real nice and has a bigger soundstage than my DAC. It also had a bit more defined bass than my DAC. Brandon also knows way to much about tubes for such a young guy, he was still googling different tubes on the computer up until 3 in the morning.

Jesse brought a nice Carrot Cake that everybody dug into and an apple pie that we never got to. Pretty sure I will have some tonight an I will report on it latter.

Thanks to everyone for coming over and bringing all the different gear. That is what these GTG are all about.

I vote Ed to be the official Md GTG secretary.:biggrin:

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I vote Ed to be the official Md GTG secretary.

I second the motion.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I vote Ed to be the official Md GTG secretary.:biggrin:
    F1nut wrote: »
    I second the motion.
    Sure! Hey... I had a good time! I remembered a bunch of stuff I forgot to include, but I think the combined efforts of all pretty much covered everything. Btw, Scott's basement rig transitions nicely from 2-channel to HT - gotta get me one of those remotes. :smile:
    Good thing the ride home wasn't much longer... I was tired.
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Great times guys.

Scott, as always, thanks for having all of us over.

Great food. Great people.

Scott - The DAC was very intersting. Good to see some alternative ways of enjoying music. Hopefully the new tubes you put in serve you well. Love the Cowboy Junkie jams. Seems as though I was downstairs for your demo of your DIY speakers. I'll have to check them out.

Jesse - Good seeing ya again. Seems you are making a habit of volunteering to tweek new gear. Still a bit before I'll bite on the power cords.

Ben - Very intersting gear. Definatly a different approuch. Loved the matching tool box as well. Great picking your brain about the digital stuff.

Ed - The Vienna Acoustics sounded great on Ben's gear. Love the look and the front porting. Good pickup.

Paul - Nice meeting you. Thanks for bringing the 7's. I loved the sound with the Parasound. Hope the ride wasn't too long.

Ken - Nice meeting you as well. I would of liked to hear some of the Polk factory stories but between stuffing my face and listening to two rigs I didn't get the time to ask.

Excellent evening guys. Great that you can go to one place and hear 4-5 different rigs and setups.

Looking forward to the next one.

Tony
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Woops. Nice meeting you too Brandon. Sorry about that.
  • greybeard
    greybeard Posts: 60
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Who can tell me the model numbers/names of the Parasound preamp and amp we listened to in the living room? I am considering purchase of a new preamp and would like to explore possibilities of Parasound units. -- greybeard
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Parasound Halo A21 amp and P3 pre amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Look at Paul trying to rack up his post count.:biggrin:
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Look at Paul trying to rack up his post count.:biggrin:

I think F1 is too.
  • greybeard
    greybeard Posts: 60
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    I think F1 is too.

Guys:

I have low aspirations. I plan to stay at or below 1/10000 of Jesse's post count at all times.

I'm still annoyed that I missed the carrot cake.

Jesse: Thanks for the ID on the Parasound gear. I will research it.

-greybeard