Short Notice

Options
MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
Last night Mrs. MLS suggested that I could have some guys over Saturday April 9th for a small get together to listen to some tunes.

I will have an evolution of the set ups I had the last time and I feel confident we will not get snow.

Basement rig
Musical Fidelity A308-Technics SL-5 linear tracking TT-SqueezeBox Touch-Jolida FX Glass Tubed DAC-SDA 2BTL's-MIT S3 cables

If someone has a decent cd player to connect to this system that would be great because I am not enthralled with the Touch & Jolida DAC sound yet.

Living room temp rig
I will start with a Nikko NA 590 integrated amp-one of the few 90's cd players I have-and some DIY Nano Neo's I built. I have a few pairs sub $100 speakers to play with and a Maverick D1 pre-amp/Tubed DAC.

Last time we rolled equipment in this rig and it was cool to hear the different gear. Please feel free to bring some cool gear, cables and easily transportable speakers for this rig. I think some DIY stuff would be cool for this rig.

My grill is toast so we will probably have to order some stuff in like pizza or subs. We will also have some beverages but if you prefer a special beverage feel free to bring what you like.

Now I got to get started putting all my girls Barbie, 750 piece puzzle in the middle of the living room floor and American Girl stuff away to make room the temporary rig.

Scott
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm there.

What do you need me to bring Scott ????
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can bring the Rotel RCD1072 CD player if you would like.

What food do you need me to bring ???
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rotel sounds like a plan. Bring your S3 if it is not any trouble that way we can have an exact comparison between sources.

What ever you would like to bring Tony. At this point it is just you and me.:biggrin:

We can also have the F1 race from last week on and the qualifying from next week on in the kitchen or basement

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Is Mrs. MLS making her crab dip stuff?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Is that a yes Jesse ????

Scott the P3 is at my brothers since we did the Mac swap. I may go up there tomorrow. If I do go I will bring it.

Looking forward to it.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What's a P3?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Parasound pre-amp.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Doh!

President of Club Polk

• MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Tony I meant your Shotgun S3's.

Oh and I went for a spirited ride in a GT2 tonight.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok. Shotguns are no problem at all.

Scott did you drive the GT2 ??? I did 130MPH in the City in a GT3. Have to tell you about that one offline. Needless to say the street was closed because.................well you know.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I did not drive it. The guy was begging me to drive it. He handed me the keys and said take it for a spin but with my luck something would happen. So he took me for quick spin. To much traffic but it is pretty impressive. We managed @ 110 in third before we ran out of room. Come to think of it we never actually made it to fourth gear the whole time. He is an instructor. He just got the GT2 and gave his race prepped Caymen to his wife.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think my DAC has turned the corner in the break in process. It is sounding much better tonight after being on for @ a week+.

Scott
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OK. Scott. I got the Parasound gear from Greg. I still have the Mac hooked up so it is no problem at all to bring the A21 and the P3. I will already bring the Shotguns and the Rotel CD player.

Let me know Sir.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Tony,

We probably wont need your Parasound gear because it looks like it is just you and Jesse coming and maybe a friend and or one of my neighbors.

If any other local guys would like to come, chime in so we know what we need or could have on hand for your listening pleasure. Last year a pair pf LSi 9'd sounded pretty good in the living room rig.

Scott
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I told Ed about it. Hopefully he can come.

Ed ?????
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm in. I'll bring my DAC for some caparisons with the Jolida
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So Far we have

Tony/Vette C6.r
    Jesse/F1nut
    Paul N./Greybeard
    Brandon/Chargerman426

And maybe a friend or neighbor may stop over.

Guys you are going to have to help me out on the food deal because I am just not a food guy. I actually eat cheerios for breakfast a peanut butter and jelly for lunch and pasta for dinner everyday.

Scott
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vette C6.r wrote: »
    I told Ed about it. Hopefully he can come.

Ed ?????
    It's my weekend with my kids... so, I need to see what they'll be up to first. It's a possibility; just not a definite possibility... I'd really like to join you guys.
  • chargerman426
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I thought i heard the word crab dip could just be wishful thinking... :)
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Unfortunately crab dip is not in the budget for this one. The one my wife makes is a pricey dish.

Sorry.
  • chargerman426
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its good to. Give some more of a heads up I would have donated to the crab dip fund.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm working that day, what time do you think you'll go to Scott?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We will go pretty late I would imagine. Last time it seemed like we ran out of time before we could sample all the gear, not to mention the accumulating snow proved to make a difficult drive home.

Guys if you are planning on bringing something food or drink wise, post what you are thinking of bringing so we can coordinate. I will try to fill in the grey areas between what everyone is planning on bringing.

Also if someone has some good sounding yet fairly portable speakers they would be a good addition for the second rig in the living room. I have my DIY Nano Neo's, Modified Best Buy Insignia NS-B2111, Dayton B652's and a pair of RTA 8TL's. So if we want to raise the bar we can run what you brung.

Scott
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Update
    So Far we have

Tony/Vette C6.r
    Jesse/F1nut
    Paul N./Greybeard
    Brandon/Chargerman426
    Ken Swagger
    Ed/mdaudioguy ( may come depending on what his kids are doing Saturday night)
    Ben/ Strider (May come after work)

And maybe a friend or neighbor may stop over.

Scott
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Cool. I'll get out at 9, should be there by 9:30 or so. I'll bring beers, if you think we'll have time it's real easy to bring the Fonkens.

Anybody coming have a tube tester? I've got some pulls I'd like to check if it's not too much to ask.

Ben
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ben If you would like to bring the Fonkens that would be great.

I have a Tube tester so bring your pulls and anyone else is welcome to bring their tubes for testing.

Scott

Ken, Sorry I spelled your last name incorrectly.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Here is a place that I was thinking we could order from and they deliver.

seasonspizza.com

Take a look and see if anything is of interest.

Scott
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll bring some Guinness. mmmmmmm

Seasons works for me Scott.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No problem...I'll bring some beer. Natty Bo okay?
  • Vette C6.r
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jesse is bringing beer too.........of the root variety.