Battlefield Bad Company 2

13»

Comments

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited April 2011
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Finally used my $20 black ops game credit and decided on getting this (finally). I played a bit of the campaign to get used to the controls before jumping into multiplayer and I'm really enjoying it. The first jungle level was a little too call of duty for me, but the following level was a blast. And can't forget the sound effects, which is one of the best I've heard, period.

Anyways, if any of you want to take a break from black ops, we could try to put a game together, since this game is more team oriented.

I just picked this up too and would love to play online with a couple other polkies.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited April 2011
    i'll be rolling with this until Battlefield 3 comes out. Black ops was a gargantuan fail for me.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited April 2011
    This is such an awesome game,loved the first BBC also. Wish they had made it for split screen 2 player This is definitely a fun game if you haven't checked it out already and it's good to see that people are still enjoying it.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2011
    Zeros wrote: »
    I just picked this up too and would love to play online with a couple other polkies.

Hell yeah, I just start playing again yesterday, def a different feel to it than COD (which is a good thing). Let me know when and I'm in!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2011
    I'm still playing this on PC a few times a week.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2011
    Quite often lately, while waiting on BF3 to arrive. Got a new watercooled i7-950 setup semi-ready for BF3 as well, this will be surrounded by flight gear so I can take control of the skies (hey, one can still be a kid at heart...:))
  • Face
    edited April 2011
    I'm running a water cooled i7-920, I'm thinking about moving up in the line before only Sandy Bridge processors are available.

Otherwise, I should be set with 12gigs of ram, OS and Steam on separate SSD drives, and an ASUS 5870(may pick up a second though).
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sami
    edited April 2011
    Face wrote: »
    I'm running a water cooled i7-920, I'm thinking about moving up in the line before only Sandy Bridge processors are available.

Otherwise, I should be set with 12gigs of ram, OS and Steam on separate SSD drives, and an ASUS 5870(may pick up a second though).

If you need another 5870, I might be put mine for sale soon. It looks like NVidia is much better investment running dual cards. About the RAM, have you noticed any performance gains while gaming with 12GB vs 6GB? I have another 3x2GB DDR3-1600 set but I think that won't provide any improvements over 6GB.

test.blender (with Blender of course) ran on that machine in 17s, while a Q9550 at 4GHz ran it in 38s. This will dual boot to Linux desktop while not playing games, Win7 is loaded on SSD while the rest are on regular HDD's.
  • Face
    edited April 2011
    Sami wrote: »
    If you need another 5870, I might be put mine for sale soon. It looks like NVidia is much better investment running dual cards. About the RAM, have you noticed any performance gains while gaming with 12GB vs 6GB? I have another 3x2GB DDR3-1600 set but I think that won't provide any improvements over 6GB.

test.blender (with Blender of course) ran on that machine in 17s, while a Q9550 at 4GHz ran it in 38s. This will dual boot to Linux desktop while not playing games, Win7 is loaded on SSD while the rest are on regular HDD's.
    I may be interested in the 5870, let me know.

As for going from 6GB to 12GB, as per Windows Index there was no change in performance(7.5). I may try overclocking and see what happens.
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited April 2011
    Personally I think for gaming, clock speed makes a bigger impact once you've hit the 6GB RAM mark.

I've run a few diff configurations on my main rig the last 2 years..
    1 - Q6700 @ 3.6Ghz w/ 4GB and then 8GB of RAM and a 8800GTS
    2 - Q9650 @ 4.2Ghz w/ 8GB RAM and a GTX 295 (now the media server, not OC'd)
    3 - Core i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz w/ 12GB RAM CAS 9 and a GTX 295 (and then a GTX 570 SC)
    4 - Core i7 970 @ 4.2Ghz w/ 12GB RAM CAS 8 and the GTX 570 SC

RAM is pretty cheap now days, so it doesn't hurt...but I think 12GB is a 'nice to have' more than a 'hard reqt'.

If BF3 uses Physx, having a second cheaper GPU for that might make a difference.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Sami
    edited April 2011
    Looking at the 5870 current prices I might just add another 5870 myself, and possibly add a cheap NVidia card as a third PhysX card. I don't think the PhysX would do much good though, considering the i7 will most likely do much better job at physics.
  • vadang
    vadang Posts: 101
    edited April 2011
    I play BFBC2 with my brother and friends a few times a week at nights on PC. I really like this game. I do like the mechanics of MW & MW2 better, but the gameplay (squads, etc) are really fun.

I do plan on upgrading my rig to play BF3...it looks damn awesome.
    Living Room:
    Paradigm Cinema 330 x 3, Pioneer 9040TXH

Media Room:
    RTi12, CSi5, F/Xi3, RTi4, Onkyo SR805, SVS PB12 Plus/2, HSU MBM
  • Zeros
    edited May 2011
    Lately I have been playing this game on the 360. Every now and then I run across OhSkiGod or Jim Ackley on there, but you others should really give it a try. EA has been selling it lately for like $16-20 on special every now and then. I know it's an old game, but if you are bored, try it. I really enjoy how it is much more of a team-based game than the run and gun of COD.

Maybe I'm just tired of playing with random people.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited May 2011
    People keep coming back to BFBC2 because the newer games justv aren't as much fun. I keep hoping for another Rainbow Six game to come out, still enjoy playing the RSVegas 2 game.
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited May 2011
    ugh I loooooove this game. I love how it absolutely requires teamplay and is on servers instead of client-hosted like the CoD series. My Live name is "Renegade Ackley", so if you wanna play, hit me up.

Zeros, sorry I haven't been on much lately. My schedule's been pretty ****-o over the past couple weeks. What times of the week are you generally on?
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • Zeros
    edited June 2011
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Zeros, sorry I haven't been on much lately. My schedule's been pretty ****-o over the past couple weeks. What times of the week are you generally on?

I am usually on around 9-10 pm EST for about 2 hours during the week nights and sometimes on the weekends. On Saturday and Sunday I jump on in the afternoon as well and catch up with OhSkiGod, around 1-3 pm.
  • Face
    edited June 2011
    I still play a few times a week on Steam.
  • Zeros
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure you all are sick of me bumping this thread and I'll bet you hate Facebook, but EA is running a Insider deal today for BF BC2 and Vietnam. They will bu running at least 40% off and may hit 45 or 50% off depending on the number of page likes for EA Insider deals that they get. This is for PC and consoles, so it might be a good chance for some of you to try this great game out for a low price. Here is the EA insider deal page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

They will post the code and a link on the Facebook page at 6 PM PST / 9 PM EST. The deals usually run out quick, so if you want in, jump on it fast.

I have no affiliation with EA, I just want to get more people into this game so I have friends to play with.