Crysis 2

mutelight
mutelight Posts: 1,054
edited April 2011 in Video Games
For any of those that like FPS games and want to give their PC or home theater a workout, buy this game.

I have it on my work computer and it looks gorgeous but I have been playing it on the 360 as well and it is unbelievable how good it looks on 5 year old hardware.

The audio is absolutely fantastic, with the suit's processed voice coming in through the rear channels, like Iron Man and the highly positional audio.
// Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
// Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
// Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
Photo Gallery
Movie and Game Collection
Post edited by mutelight on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited March 2011
    So the 360 looks good or crappy in comparison to your pc? What kinda graphics card are you running ?

Did you get a chance to play the 360 online demo? has it been improved upon because I thought the demo was choppy and lagged in controller response time
  • mutelight
    edited March 2011
    It looks very good on the 360, better than the demo as it was an early build.

My PC at work is an Athlon Phenom II X4 @ 3.4Ghz w/ 8GB of RAM and two 6870s, running at 2560x1600 resolution so it obviously looks better than the 360. However, I would go as far to say that it is one of the best looking console games to date.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited March 2011
    I got a few hours in on the single player on the 360... and it's a damn impressive looking game. Definitely one of the better looking games on the system.

Still haven't jumped into MP, but I hope they improved it since the last demo.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2011
    Multiplayer is tons of fun. Whoever said it was a cross between Halo and CoD was right on. The game play is more Halo and the CoD elements being the kill streaks and weapon attachments and such (ie the good part of CoD, not the BS gameplay). Hopefully enough people will switch from CoD to Crysis to get a good thriving MP experience.
  • Shizelbs
    edited March 2011
    Oh, one more note. The bass is awesome.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, the sound in general is outstanding in that game. Very nice deep bass and surround use!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • mutelight
    edited March 2011
    Lasareath wrote: »
    This Game is awesome!! playing it on my PC through steam. bought it last night, been playing so much my arm is numb and I have a headache!!

I am so glad you like it! This is completely different from the PC elitists that are complaining about the DirectX API version rather than the gameplay.
    Photo Gallery
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2011
    This is the game that everyone should be playing now. Stop playing CoD. It sucks, and always has.
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited April 2011
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    This is the game that everyone should be playing now. Stop playing CoD. It sucks, and always has.

I haven't played crysis 2 yet (and dont know if I will), but I have always found FPS games to generally be the same in MP. I assume you are talking about multiplayer, since there's really no reason to play SP over and over.

Sure, each game has some small differences... guys might be wearing different clothes...maybe you have different guns that have different properties that usually don't relate to the real world. Some have a faster rate of fire, some do more damage, some you can move quicker with, ect. Maybe in some games you have a few different abilities, but when it comes down to it, they are all really similar as far as MP goes... I really think it's more a matter of personal preference than which is 'better'
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2011
    I was actually a bit disappointed in the single player. Finished it on standard difficulty in about 12 hours. It's just too easy to cloak and run from hiding place to hiding place while you recharge. And by doing that, I hardly fired a shot or got a kill. And because I got very few kills, I didn't get very many suit upgrades. And the whole mining Ceph to get suit upgrades to me was just too much like a RTS. It was somewhat fun though. Definitely better than Black Ops.

The multiplayer is where this game shines though. Made it to level 18 in about a week playing 1-2 hours a day.

Coke, Crysis 2 multiplayer is significantly different than other multiplayer FPS games. The nanosuit gives you a lot more strategic options.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited April 2011
    I'm downloading Crysis 2 right now - figured it's time to give my PC a workout :) Off to pick up a Logitech G5110 kb as my old G15 has gotten a bit dusty. Ahh keyboard and mouse, how I've missed you.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited April 2011
    Good game! You know what though - I started playing w/ the kb / mouse and then switched over to the 360 controller for a bit and knocked out the game in about 12 hrs (everything up to the point where you're in Hargreave's office yesterday and then the rest today) - and I think I've gone from one extreme to another. After all the COD playing, it's gotten easy to use the controller. I'm sure it's a bad idea for multiplayer though :) Anyway - great / visually pretty game and it ran smoothly on extreme @ 2048 x 1152 the whole way.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs