PS3 Move

2»

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2010
    Just get a USB extension cable from monoprice for a couple bucks and be done with it
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2010
    Just get a USB extension cable from monoprice for a couple bucks and be done with it

I ordered one from there as well, it should arrive today. So far I have only played about 15 minutes because the camera had to be so far off to the right of the screen, I figured I would wait for the extension.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • Marcinko7
    Marcinko7 Posts: 121
    edited October 2010
    Picked one up at Walmart last night. The games are fun but there's not much there to hold the attention for long. Hopefully by Christmas there will be more of a game selection.
    Denon 3806 Receiver
    Denon 3910 DVD
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray
    Outlaw 7500 300w x 5 @4 Ohms Amp
    58" Panasonic 800U 1080P Plasma TV
    SVS PB-12 Plus Sub
    Lsi25 Fronts-Cherry
    LsiC Center
    LsiFX Surrounds
    SMS-1 Velo Sub EQ
    PBJ Interconnects
    Blue Jeans Cables

Everything was going just fine till my buddy poked the cop in the chest and said "did Andy give you your bullet today Barney?"
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2010
    After playing it a bit last night, it is a good amount of fun. I will have to finish Heavy Rain using the Move controller. I also checked out the Tiger 11 PS3 from work and will try that this weekend.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited October 2010
    Been playing RUSE with the Move. Not only is RUSE a great RTS game, the Move and navigation controller make it really easy to zoom in/out, rotate the camera, select units, and do other functions just like you would with a mouse. Except you're on your comfy couch, instead of hunched over a computer desk. And the sound and graphics are coming over your big TV and sound system.

Still not the equal of a mouse/keyboard combo for RTS. But with the equivalent of a mouse and a lot more than two buttons, it really beats the six-axis IMO.
  • doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited March 2011
    no regrets yet? been wanna jump on board on this.......or should I jump on xbox360 kinect?
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2011
    doggie750 wrote: »
    no regrets yet? been wanna jump on board on this.......or should I jump on xbox360 kinect?

They're both made of plastic, so jumping on either is not recommended.
  • doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited March 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    They're both made of plastic, so jumping on either is not recommended.

GURU has spoken......like the good old days :biggrin:
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2011
    They're both fine...probably more 'big kid' games for the Move right now, with more family/fitness oriented stuff for the Kinect. I haven't really used my Kinect much at all, but what I have played I really like.
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited March 2011
    doggie750 wrote: »

Read the reviews of Killzone 3. Using a battlerifle with the move is great for aiming, but they still have to work on smooth camera panning IMO. Using the rifle to move the screen pan is a learning curve. If they used two nav controllers for movement in the handles of a submachine gun accesory, I think they'd have the perfect control scheme for FPS games. But without the second thumb stick, it's a mixed bag.

For rail shooters (that do all the movement and camera pannning for you) it's a blast. Just as good, if not better, than the old light gun games. And I've had no problems with sports champion/arcade style games that are also lots of fun.

And it works as a great mouse substitute in games like RUSE.

It does what it claims to do. You just have to recalibrate at the start of many titles. And you might feel the slightest lag on certain games. But otherwise the one to one movement mapping is very accurate.