Dragon age II preorder shipped today.

fbm211
fbm211 Posts: 1,488
edited March 2011 in Video Games
WOW,I just recieved an email from EA saying that my signature edition just shipped.I was under the impression that it would ship out the 8th.That is so cool that I will get it on or maybe even a day before the official release day.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
SDA-2BTL with custom IC
Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
Harman Kardon T-55c TT
DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre
Post edited by fbm211 on

Comments

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited March 2011
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    And just what is that supposed to mean.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2011
    They were already on the shelves of my local Walmart on Thursday. I pre-ordered it from Amazon, and probably won't play it on release day, so I didn't even bother trying to buy it.

Seems this has been happening all over the country.
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    Well it seems there just getting greedy like all those other A-holes.I had more respect for bio-ware.I wonder if it is buggy and we will all have to wait for a patch to fix problems that will pop up later.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Where did that come from? :confused:
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    It was advertised all over the web to be released the 8th.Im a little upset that I pre order the signature edition and I have to wait while others can go to the store and pick it up almost a week before I get mine.If you preorder and pay months ahead of time then I sould have had it at least when it hit the shelves.The people that preordered should have had priority.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    You can't go to the store and pick it up unless one of the stores breaks agreement and sells it. Several people tried to buy them at Walmart and once they got to the register were denied because it wasn't the street date yet. All I was saying is that stores, mistakenly or not, have been putting some of these games on the shelves early by mistake.

You may not know this, but retail stores get new release video games, music, and movies a week or two in advance of the street date.

Pre-order is always the way to go for me because I always get money off or exclusive items I can't get in a retail store (usually).
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    fbm211 wrote: »
    And just what is that supposed to mean.

It means that I edited over the the previous statement because it was incorrect :smile:

and don't be disappointed if its on store shelves. There is always someone that gets it before you. Hell, its been available to download for the last few days from various less than legal sources... that means that someone has had access to the original for enough time to crack the copy protection and distribute it all well before the official release
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Shipped today from Amazon. Probably won't get around to playing it until May. :redface:

Here's to hoping the dialog is a little less tedious than in the last game and the fighting is improved. My only big gripes with the last game. Its possible I'm just growing out of the RPG genre. None of them seem to be as satisfying as early FF and Chrono Trigger.
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    I played the demo and the fighting is much improved.
    The dialog is still tedious but does have more options.
    The fighting still doesnt have that oblivian coolness factor.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    Well finally.Its supposed to be here today,by the end of the day.And I went to amozon last night and ordered that cool hardcover collectors edition players guide as well as a Razer sphex gaming grade desktop skin to replace my old worn out plastic mouse pad.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    The graphics in this game are awsome.Direct X 11 is supported and looks so good.
    However,you will need SLI or crossfire to max out everything.It would run with very high quality but framerate was bad so I had to settle for high Q and turn off AA.I have the EVGA GTX 480 so maybe the 580 could handle Very high Quality but I doubt it.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • HeyJay
    HeyJay Posts: 21
    edited March 2011
    Totally forgot about this... loved the original. Are the basic mechanics still the same?
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    Pretty much.It looks as though you cant equip your companions with headgear,gloves or boots though.Thats not cool since Im picking up a-lot of that stuff.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • HeyJay
    edited March 2011
    Hmm... thats a strange feature to pull out. Does it do the original justice? I have $60 in best buy gift cards I could use for the game
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    A-lot of people over at bioware are complaining about a-lot of different things.Game too short,you need a beefy PC to max out the settings,EA ruined it,and that its a consol port.It could have used more content and it is somewhat dumbed down for the teens and of course its all about the money these days.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • HHStuart
    HHStuart Posts: 263
    edited March 2011
    The comments on Amazon said that you could only be human, also. Saved them money.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83
  • HeyJay
    edited March 2011
    Saves me money too then ;). I think I will just replay the first one
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    Dont be so quick.I just installed the high res texture pack and it looks incredible.Frame rate has improved too.Its not a bad game and sure you can save some coin if you wait a few months and Im sure thier will be more content by then.You know thier going to have DLCs available soon (to make even more money of course).
    I hope they dont do that crap EA did with hot pursuit and only have em for consol users.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    The gameplay in Dragon Age II was vastly superior to the first. The big problem with this one is that the main storyline was incredibly short. I managed to finish it in about two and a half days. Granted, I have a bunch of side quests yet to do....but yeah.

The add-on content on release day was a ballsy move and pretty lame, IMO. Charging another $10.00 to get mileage out of a game that was just released?

I'm glad I bought it and played it, but this was one that you can wait a year for and pick it up for $19.00 at Game Stop or buy the new version with all of the add-ons for the regular retail price.

Happy and annoyed at the same time.
  • fbm211
    edited March 2011
    Wow...2 and a half days.
    PC gamer review said it had around 50hours of gameplay.I wonder if they had it right now that I hear someone finished it that quick.I play for around 2 hours a day and am waiting on the players guide so I can get all the side quests.The fighting is a-lot better than the original but it also over much qiucker.I would have liked to see longer battles.
    And of course being able to outfit your companions with armor of my choice.You cant outfit them with headgear,boots,gloves,or body.--LAME.
    And it could have used a little more polish.It has that get it out and add a patch later feel to it.(Like having to download a 1 gig + high res pack.)
    Dont get me wrong I like it, but you should get more for 60 bucks.
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    fbm211 wrote: »
    Wow...2 and a half days.
    PC gamer review said it had around 50hours of gameplay.I wonder if they had it right now that I hear someone finished it that quick.I play for around 2 hours a day and am waiting on the players guide so I can get all the side quests.The fighting is a-lot better than the original but it also over much qiucker.I would have liked to see longer battles.
    And of course being able to outfit your companions with armor of my choice.You cant outfit them with headgear,boots,gloves,or body.--LAME.
    And it could have used a little more polish.It has that get it out and add a patch later feel to it.(Like having to download a 1 gig + high res pack.)
    Dont get me wrong I like it, but you should get more for 60 bucks.

It really wasn't even 2 1/2 days. I thought I played it Friday, but I was playing Black Ops. I only played it Saturday for 8-10 hours and then maybe 5-6 hours on Sunday.

demida2.jpg

I didn't stick to the main story line either. I did a bunch of side quests and got achievements for them.
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Most single player games are really short these days... or they have you running around back and forth without purpose. IMO, if you play games for single player, none of them are really worth their price
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Most single player games are really short these days... or they have you running around back and forth without purpose. IMO, if you play games for single player, none of them are really worth their price

That's true of FPS, but not of most games. In fact, I'd vehemently disagree with that. Assassin's Creed games have been fairly long. Some people hate the concept, but that's my favorite game series right now.

And RPG, traditionally, is a 50-75 hour affair. I was able to knock the main quest line out on this RPG in about 12 hours, with many side quests as well. That's just messed up.