Comments

• acchen
    acchen Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
  • Ister
    Ister Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    mudwrx wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted before, hopefully someone has an answer. Also, I can't search the game/console forums as I am in work and our firewall blocks it.

Here's my problem; I was playing MW2 last night with a friend. We joined a team death match game and once the game started everyone got switched to God mode. All weapons, all perks, all kill streaks, etc.

This sucked, we didn't want to do this and we left the game. However now I am at level 70 with all abilities and I cannot get back to where I was.

I was currently at level 31. I'm not great at the game but I am having fun leveling up and unlocking features. Now my progress has been totally wiped out and I can't get back to where I was before this stupid hack ruined my progress.

It may sound strange, but I do not want to be at God mode. I wanted to level up and unlock features on my own. Now I do not even want to play if it stays like this. I would also prefer not to trash my saved game and have to start over.

Anyone have this happen? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me I was level 35 just playing mercenary team death match having a good time sucking it up. Then in my first ground war game I get the full unlock hack loaded the hacker is 132-0 a few minutes into game. So I just play team death match express I see a hacker maybe 1 in 15 games in this mode as its low player numbers so modern warfare 2 is still playable to me. Though these console hacks really take a lot of the advantages out of playing on inferior consoles when they get hacked just like a PC.

Still I really enjoy playing MW2
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited February 2011
    Ister wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me I was level 35 just playing mercenary team death match having a good time sucking it up. Then in my first ground war game I get the full unlock hack loaded the hacker is 132-0 a few minutes into game. So I just play team death match express I see a hacker maybe 1 in 15 games in this mode as its low player numbers so modern warfare 2 is still playable to me. Though these console hacks really take a lot of the advantages out of playing on inferior consoles when they get hacked just like a PC.

Still I really enjoy playing MW2

Well, supposedly the battle is on against the hackers. Sony has introduced new firmware that I read will ban any consoles from the PlayStation Network that have altered firmware.

Also, Infinity Ward has created a patch to address this and is in their QA cycle.

I personally have stopped playing MW2, impossible to enjoy with the hacks.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon, although I'm playing Red Dead Redemption at the moment and loving it. I also started Gran Turismo 5, so I got plenty to keep me busy.
    Plus, add the fact I only have a couple hours a week to play anything.