COD: Would you pay to play?

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited February 2011 in Video Games
Well, would you pay to play COD?

COD pay to play

And I'm not sure if this means you could pay and not have to worry about earning any of your guns, perks,etc. If so, that would suck.......

"The exclusive content could be pay as you go, or monthly. Let's say Project Beachhead comes up with 'Call of Duty Universe,' and it launches with Modern Warfare 3 and they say 'if you join here's all the exclusive content and exclusive weapons and we'll charge you a dollar a piece.' Or If they say, 'for $5 a month you get unlimited weapons and all the map packs we bring out for Modern Warfare in perpetuity,' a lot of people will say, 'I'm going to buy three map packs for 15 dollars anyway, so for $60 a year, I'm getting all the unlimited weapons and achievements,' so they could do that. I don't know if that's what they're going to choose to do. I'd say $5 a month is reasonable, though."
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited February 2011
    Not a chance. Since CoD MW 4, the series has gone to ****.

Unless they come out with an amazingly awesome new game...not a chance. Obviously some people will, but not I.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2011
    I already pay a sensible fee to game online without the headaches other consoles have, but I won't be paying anything additional to game online with a specific game.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2011
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited February 2011
    they can kiss my natural black @ss!!!!!!

are they out of their tree?!?!

apparently the throngs of mindless automatons buying there game ad nauseum to break sales records isnt enough?

looks like I'll be staying in the "Battlefield" camp for a while.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited February 2011
    I wouldn't. I can live with paying for XBOX Live b/c the QOS is good. But I'm not paying anything more.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited February 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I already pay a sensible fee to game online without the headaches other consoles have, but I won't be paying anything additional to game online with a specific game.

+1 with Demi. No way I'd pay more for this crap. I enjoy playing it, but no additional coin from me other than my XBL account.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580