Does anyone know how to progam a URC MX-700?

Options
shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited February 2011 in The Clubhouse
Just wondering if anyone has programmed a URC MX-700. I have the software, cable and remote. However, looking for a manual online has produced nothing. I looked over the interface menus and it seems they are all coded with no model numbers or anything. This menu interface seems much more confusing than a harmony. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4
Post edited by shawn474 on

Comments

• wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Program - IR database

Chris
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    Program - IR database

Chris

Thanks, I tried that. Most of the components have numbers by them (seems to be dealer codes for certain model numbers). For example, I have a Sony CD player and the options are Sony 01, Sony 02, Sony 03.......and so on all the way up to 50. So I have no idea which number matches the model number that I have.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If your not a dealer the software is not supported. I'm sure there is a local dealer around you , call them and have a tech come out to program it for you.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • wz2p7j
    edited February 2011
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Thanks, I tried that. Most of the components have numbers by them (seems to be dealer codes for certain model numbers). For example, I have a Sony CD player and the options are Sony 01, Sony 02, Sony 03.......and so on all the way up to 50. So I have no idea which number matches the model number that I have.

Shawn, I think it's going to be a combination of experimentation and "learning" the remote to get where you want to be.

I have an MX-500 which isn't near as fancy as the MX-700. There were built in codes and such (no software) but it went WAY faster just to "learn" everything in.

You have a good looking snazzy remote there - I'm sure you'll really enjoy it once you get it all set up. :smile:

Chris
  • Gempler
    Gempler Posts: 307
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Programing a universal remote... there in lies the beauty of the Logitech Harmony series.
    If you have ever used it it is truely amazing how they have compiled all the specifics of so many different pieces of audio/video, right down to the every last detail.
    You might want to give URC a call for some direction?
    Their phone number is 914-835-4484 and their web site is http://www.universalremote.com/
    And I found the MX-700 on their site under 'discontinued products' then 'professional' where there is an 'mx editor tutorial video' available... check it out.
    http://www.universalremote.com/products/discontinued/professional/mx-700
  • wz2p7j
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Logitech did the right thing and made their remotes more consumer friendly. URC decided to go the pro route and alienate all the capable "do it your self'ers" out there.

Personally, I like the layout and feel of the URC remotes a tad better. But may go to a Harmony for my next remote just for the convenience.

Chris

OTS (on the side) - I have the software to program the following remotes if anyone needs it:

MX-700
    MX-800
    MX-850
    MX-900
    MX-950
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I hate the software - it's so difficult and granular.

On the flip side it gives you an insane amount of control. I have the MX-900 and had to get a dealer account to get the software. Not user friendly at all...
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe it's just me and the way my brain works but I see the urc programs very easy and laid out well. I programmer my 850 before being shown how and after getting trained, I realized I did it right but learned some more tweak things I could do with macros. Now I have a 950 and 980. The new CCP program isn't as easy to program with but it's good for professionals to do multiple remotes in one home. And the flexibility of the urc over harmony is what I like most; that and they don't have as high of a fail rate. I want to use one remote for multiple zones that harmony just isn't built to do.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree, the MX-900 i have is extremely flexible. I want to see if I can get it to control my lights too.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD