Modern Warfare 3

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited August 2011 in Video Games
Yes, early reports have MW3 being released in November:

MW3

I suppose I'm looking forward to this. I might pick up a 360 in the next couple of months if PS3 issues for MW2 and BO continue...
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    Hope it isn't sci-fi BS as has been rumored.
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited January 2011
    I will not go near this game until they can verify the hacks will not occur as happened in MW2.

MW2 is totally unplayable now. Go on the IW forum and have a look. The entire community is in an uproar.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2011
    It's going to thrown together with no improvements over the last. This way Activision can just keep pounding them out because everyone is hooked on this COD craze. As long as they make it, people are going to buy whether or not it's even good. MW2 fell way off for me as a whole from past games and BO is just meh at best. Don't get me wrong, i love a good shooter but come on.....slow down!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    mrbiron wrote: »
    It's going to thrown together with no improvements over the last. This way Activision can just keep pounding them out because everyone is hooked on this COD craze. As long as they make it, people are going to buy whether or not it's even good. MW2 fell way off for me as a whole from past games and BO is just meh at best. Don't get me wrong, i love a good shooter but come on.....slow down!!

There are two different studios involved in all of the Call of Duty Games. Modern Warfare has been Infinity Ward and the other games, including Black Ops and World at War, have been Treyarch.

These are big studios and the goal is to milk a cash cow. Still, they're allowing 2 years between respective studio releases.

The only thing they need to figure out is how to deal with all of the cheaters, which will be rampant in any game -- especially the ones that are this popular.

If you don't like what they're releasing, stop buying these games.

I welcome any challengers of the franchise and can't wait to see what Respawn comes up with. Competition is great.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    The only thing they need to figure out is how to deal with all of the cheaters, which will be rampant in any game -- especially the ones that are this popular.

I'm more of a campaign kind of guy. The co-op challenges of MW2 were great and i encourage taking a step away from the multi-player which is where the bulk of my problems with the games. I'm not saying this because i'm bad at multi-player...by far! It's just always the same and Kill Streaks ruin everything. I just want to shoot stuff, not have to worry about a pack of rabid dogs or an FLICKEN heli that nobody ever has anything to shoot it down with. (in BO i always carry a rocket....ALWAYS!) I'm that guy everyone thanks because nobody wants to carry one.

If they release co-op campaign, SCORE.

As for not not buying the game...well i can't do that :tongue:
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited January 2011
    +1 on more Co-op friendly games with the option where you can play with one or two people(split screen) and still give people the chance for online gaming.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2011
    I'm more of a campaign kind of guy. The co-op challenges of MW2 were great and i encourage taking a step away from the multi-player which is where the bulk of my problems with the games. I'm not saying this because i'm bad at multi-player...by far! It's just always the same and Kill Streaks ruin everything. I just want to shoot stuff, not have to worry about a pack of rabid dogs or an FLICKEN heli that nobody ever has anything to shoot it down with. (in BO i always carry a rocket....ALWAYS!) I'm that guy everyone thanks because nobody wants to carry one.

If they release co-op campaign, SCORE.

As for not not buying the game...well i can't do that :tongue:

There's also the hardcore modes in Black Ops, so you can shoot without any of the annoying kill streaks.

The RC cars drive me bonkers in BO so I feel you there...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    RC Cars and those Helicopters.
    More so the copters. In MW2 when you had Ghost on, no helicopters, harriers could see you. Why not in BO. It doesn't make sense.

Here's to wishing they either eliminate killstreaks all together or cut them back from 3 to giving everyone only one....but that will upset the 12 year olds :biggrin:
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2011
    mudwrx wrote: »
    I will not go near this game until they can verify the hacks will not occur as happened in MW2.

MW2 is totally unplayable now. Go on the IW forum and have a look. The entire community is in an uproar.

BrokeOps is the same way.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    RC Cars and those Helicopters.
    More so the copters. In MW2 when you had Ghost on, no helicopters, harriers could see you. Why not in BO. It doesn't make sense.

M72 LAW - Free Fire or Aircraft Lock-On
    STRELA-3 - Aircraft Lock-On
    GRIM REAPER - Free Fire or Aircraft Lock-On

I used to have Napalm Strike, Chopper Gunner, and Gunship.

I have gotten both heli's before and they're capable of being shot down. In fact, one team shot my gun ship down right after it got to the map. Maybe I should whine about that?

Instead I switched the Gunship to Attack Dogs. I'm surprised you're not complaining about those....

Part of an FPS is dying....often. The reward of not dying a lot and killing mofos are killstreaks, and every killstreak has a method of avoidance. RC Cars can be shot or blown up by C4, etc.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    HAHA....not to sound twisted but i love shooting the dogs!
    Whichever heli that is un-manned is the one i'm referring to apparently can still see you even with ghost pro same as the chopper gunner. What's the point of using ghost i ask!

Friday nights are the usual drink a 12 and continually get pissed while dying by heli in BO. Maybe it's your damn helicopter that drives me to finish the 12!!! Who knows...hahaha
    Maybe i need to change my killstreaks and become what i have grown to hate!
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    HAHA....not to sound twisted but i love shooting the dogs!
    Whichever heli that is un-manned is the one i'm referring to apparently can still see you even with ghost pro same as the chopper gunner. What's the point of using ghost i ask!

Friday nights are the usual drink a 12 and continually get pissed while dying by heli in BO. Maybe it's your damn helicopter that drives me to finish the 12!!! Who knows...hahaha
    Maybe i need to change my killstreaks and become what i have grown to hate!

With my style of play, i never get past the spy plane anyways. I think i've used the spy plane 1000 times.

I've used care package like.... 50 times.

I've gotten the gunship twice. Ever.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    I call myself the support class
    Spy Plane
    Counter Spy
    then i toss the mortars for some fun.
    and always carry a rocket! M72 Law

Perks don't really need any adjustment as long as they don't bring back commando....The 50 Foot Knife Kill Lunge!!

I just want me some Co-op!!!!
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    I call myself the support class
    Spy Plane
    Counter Spy
    then i toss the mortars for some fun.
    and always carry a rocket! M72 Law

Perks don't really need any adjustment as long as they don't bring back commando....The 50 Foot Knife Kill Lunge!!

I just want me some Co-op!!!!

I'm not sure what to call me....

Jflail, fireman, toxis, and leroyjr have seen it. :tongue:

I run spy plane, care package, and gunship for killstreaks.

Hardened Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Marathon Pro, carrying an AK74u w/ grip, and the Crossbow w/ explosive tip as secondary.

I just generally make a mess wherever i go. I die a lot. But i'll take people with me. :biggrin:

• BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited January 2011
    I've lost any and all ability to really care about COD any more. WAW was SH@!, MW2 was pretty good (too many exploits though, aka UNFINISHED GAME!) I tried playing Black Ops this weekend for an hour or so and I doubt I will ever even consider it again. The game is just awful.

I know a few people that will buy anything with the COD stamp on it, so when the next one comes out, I'll give it a try, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited February 2011
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2011
    This is where the ticker sends you

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NLmsiaN5dZM&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2011
    Anyone finding pre-orders with money off? Amazon just has a bunch of useless add-on stuff. I pre-ordered it there last night and already got a download code..

I'd cancel it if there was a better deal.
  • mrbiron
    edited August 2011
    I honestly haven't been looking at MW3 as i think my time is already going to be limited with;
    Pre-orders of Rage, GoW3, and Battlefield 3.
    I'll look around during my lunch break. Maybe i'll get it....for the right price.