MW2 God Mode - Ruined everything (help)

mudwrx
mudwrx Posts: 367
edited February 2011 in Video Games
Not sure if this was posted before, hopefully someone has an answer. Also, I can't search the game/console forums as I am in work and our firewall blocks it.

Here's my problem; I was playing MW2 last night with a friend. We joined a team death match game and once the game started everyone got switched to God mode. All weapons, all perks, all kill streaks, etc.

This sucked, we didn't want to do this and we left the game. However now I am at level 70 with all abilities and I cannot get back to where I was.

I was currently at level 31. I'm not great at the game but I am having fun leveling up and unlocking features. Now my progress has been totally wiped out and I can't get back to where I was before this stupid hack ruined my progress.

It may sound strange, but I do not want to be at God mode. I wanted to level up and unlock features on my own. Now I do not even want to play if it stays like this. I would also prefer not to trash my saved game and have to start over.

Anyone have this happen? Is there a fix?

Thanks.
Post edited by mudwrx on

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2011
    as far as i know there is no fix. Just prestige and start over again. Level 31 can be acquired in a week or so with only a couple hours per night if you put in the time.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    mrbiron wrote: »
    as far as i know there is no fix. Just prestige and start over again. Level 31 can be acquired in a week or so with only a couple hours per night if you put in the time.

Thanks for the reply.

Well that sucks. Because putting in the time is the problem, between work, wife, home, etc.

That's why I am pissed because it took me a while to get where I was at.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    WHOA WHOA!!!......i understand work & home but NEVER should you put your wife before anger management!!! Stay the course and play your game! Your wife's time starts when you turn off the bedside lamp for BED.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011

Yes, I am on PS3. Unfortunately I cannot connect to that link right now as I am behind our firewall at work which is blocking it.

Can you post the info or explain what it says? Thanks.
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    WHOA WHOA!!!......i understand work & home but NEVER should you put your wife before anger management!!! Stay the course and play your game! Your wife's time starts when you turn off the bedside lamp for BED.

You'll like this one; I wanted to play the other night so I told the wife I would draw her a bath and she could enjoy the jacuzzi tub for a while. As soon as she dipped in I ran to PS3 and started playing. :biggrin:
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2011
    The recent breaking of the Playstation 3's hardware encryption by a team of hackers is an unexpected windfall for Playstation owners seeking to run homebrewed apps and games on their machine, but it's proving disastrous for fans of 2009 best-seller Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Buy | Search).

The hackers' work, which allows savvy PS3 owners to run non-Sony-approved code on their machines, has resulted in a wave of cheaters and hackers targeting older Call of Duty titles, leaving them "in total shambles and unplayable," as one fan told Joystiq.com.

Some of those who happened upon hacked servers have suffered permanent consequences, including the deletion of all their accumulated multiplayer stats and experience -- and according to the Call of Duty team, players can expect the situation to continue.

"Games rely on the security of the encryption on the platforms they're played on, therefore updates to the game through patches will not resolve this problem completely, unless the security exploit itself is resolved on the platform," Activision's Robert Bowling said, posting under his "fourzerotwo" handle on the game's official forums.

"However, that doesn't mean we're not going to look into every option available to us," Bowling continued. "Regretfully, Call of Duty games are receiving the bulk of the hacker's attention, due to its high player counts and popularity. However, the number of legitimate players severely outweighs the bad apples."

Concerned players, according to Bowling, should only play with friends until Sony addresses the PS3's security weakness.

"If you are concerned about playing with players who are hacking, I encourage you to play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party or private match options in Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 to avoid such players as much as possible until this issue is resolved by Sony. "

Activision's most recent Call of Duty release, Black Ops, does not rely solely on Sony's built-in encryption, and is thought to be substantially less vulnerable to the new wave of hacks.

Via Joystiq.

Maybe?
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    Maybe?

Sounds like what happened to me.

Really just totally destroys the experience. I can't believe with all the technology and information there is today that this type of stuff is still happening.

Thanks for the info!
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2011
    How is the game otherwise? I was thinking about picking it up to play in place of Black Ops for awhile, but if it's just as buggy and has a bunch of hackers, i'll pass.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    How is the game otherwise? I was thinking about picking it up to play in place of Black Ops for awhile, but if it's just as buggy and has a bunch of hackers, i'll pass.

I absolutely love the game. I know it's kind of old now but my nephew gave me his copy when he got Black Ops.

It is really top notch, but if you get hit with this hack it kind of takes the fun out of it because it gives you everything, nothing left to work for.

I'll probably start over again and hope I do not get put on one of the hacked servers.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2011

Sinner! Kidding :tongue:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2011

LOL to any ps3 fanboys bragging they didn't have to pay 50 dollars A YEAR.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2011
    tommyboy wrote: »

Oh yes, let's turn this into an off-topic console fanboy debate. :rolleyes: I don't think i'm going to bother rebutting your comment, since it's just too easy.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I love it!!

Ya, I told her I was setting up her bath so I could play and she started laughing. All good.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited January 2011
    tommyboy wrote: »

I'm not gonna be as mean as that, but you do have to consider the difference between a regulated network such as Xbox Live and the pretty much unregulated PSN. Because of the PSN architecture, there's pretty much nothing Sony or Infinity Ward can do about this problem (which is probably going to become a common issue now that the PS3 jailbreak is in the wild). The same problem exists on PC, where mods run rampant. Then you look at Xbox Live, where yeah... you pay to use the service... but they have the ability to ban cheaters, suspend accounts, they have a report system and staff who can jump into games on-the-fly with people who have been reported to confirm their in-game behavior or cheating, and install new copy protection checks to at least help stop pirates and modders from ruining the online experience (as Microsoft just did two days ago when they updated to block "backups" of MW2 and Black Ops).

Not a fanboy thing... Just something to keep in mind if stuff like this annoys you. It's far less prevalent on Xbox Live, whereas PS3 and PC are basically the Wild West with no sheriff.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    I'm not gonna be as mean as that, but you do have to consider the difference between a regulated network such as Xbox Live and the pretty much unregulated PSN. Because of the PSN architecture, there's pretty much nothing Sony or Infinity Ward can do about this problem (which is probably going to become a common issue now that the PS3 jailbreak is in the wild). The same problem exists on PC, where mods run rampant. Then you look at Xbox Live, where yeah... you pay to use the service... but they have the ability to ban cheaters, suspend accounts, they have a report system and staff who can jump into games on-the-fly with people who have been reported to confirm their in-game behavior or cheating, and install new copy protection checks to at least help stop pirates and modders from ruining the online experience (as Microsoft just did two days ago when they updated to block "backups" of MW2 and Black Ops).

Not a fanboy thing... Just something to keep in mind if stuff like this annoys you. It's far less prevalent on Xbox Live, whereas PS3 and PC are basically the Wild West with no sheriff.

All valid points, but irrelevant. I have a PS3. I will not be getting Xbox.

BTW, I got on the IW forum and they are getting killed on this.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    mudwrx wrote: »
    All valid points, but irrelevant. I have a PS3. I will not be getting Xbox.

BTW, I got on the IW forum and they are getting killed on this.

Is it really that widespread a problem? I figured it would be just a few jerks... but the stories I've heard make it sound like the game is essentially completely broken now.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2011
    Wow. That's f***ed up. This whole time I regretted buying a 360 over the PS3 but now I'm thinking it wasn't such a bad idea.
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • tommyboy
    edited January 2011
    Oh yes, let's turn this into an off-topic console fanboy debate. :rolleyes: I don't think i'm going to bother rebutting your comment, since it's just too easy.

I wasn't trying to make any point that xbox is better than ps3, I only said that to those ps3 fanboy jerkoffs who pretend they are smarter cause they don't have to pay for online service.

I wish I could get into the ps3, but I never liked the controller since the original ps. And since most of the games I play are multi-platform anyway, might as well play with a controller I like.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2011
    Wow so now that someone likes that he doesn't have to pay twice for Internet use (unless you're stealing net from your neighbor), he's a ps3 fanboy jerkoff? Well I'd say your a server snob with a subpar machine. Oh wait. I forgot xbox guys throw insults but don't like them back. My fault. I apologize.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited January 2011
    Xbox multiplayer games are still very vulnerable to hacked accounts and matches.

Just check out the top of the leaderboards on almost any popular multiplayer game.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    New PS3 firmware tonight to make some security changes. Any word on whether that helps address these problems?
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • michaelroberts1
    michaelroberts1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hope you can find solution to your game problem status. Find out ways on how to solve them.

table placemats
  • HTguru1982
    edited January 2011
    Hope you can find solution to your game problem status. Find out ways on how to solve them.

table placemats

Place mats? Now THAT's thinking outside the box.

Oh, and reported.
  • tommyboy
    edited January 2011
    Toxis wrote: »
    Wow so now that someone likes that he doesn't have to pay twice for Internet use (unless you're stealing net from your neighbor), he's a ps3 fanboy jerkoff? Well I'd say your a server snob with a subpar machine. Oh wait. I forgot xbox guys throw insults but don't like them back. My fault. I apologize.

What? I didn't call anyone on here a fanboy jerkoff (except of course you). And keep bragging about have a subpar system, cause you can easily have one thats not five years old, its called a pc.

My original post was only directed to the people who have said to me ps3 is better just cause they don't have to pay for online but since you also believe that statement, I guess you would be offended. I could care less which system is better.
  • HTguru1982
    edited January 2011
    Sorta back on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0uhRAcNKM

Firmware update locks out hackers/cheaters.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    Toxis wrote: »

There's no need to be dishonest. The fanboy jerkoffs are the ones who deny that the online gaming experience on XBox 360 is superior to the PS3, and that the yearly cost is well worth the money. Don't deny its better, either. I had a PS3 and it was horrible for online gaming. You get what you pay for. There's no need to take it out on those who made a more informed choice. Save for a handful of exclusives, I realized all I had was a glorified Blu-Ray player and sold it.

If you weren't being loyal to a brand for no good reason, you'd admit that the above is all true.
  • Russkov1983
    Russkov1983 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011
    HTguru1982 wrote: »
    Sorta back on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0uhRAcNKM

Firmware update locks out hackers/cheaters.

Well I sure hope this helps out. I have been reading on the Sony forum about lots of people having trouble with this update, hopefully it is all the hackers/cheaters getting bricked.

I have not even turned my PS3 on since I had this issue. I will be using it this weekend, we'll see what happens.

I also read IW is working on their own security update for MW2 as well. I just hope it all gets fixed, MW2 is such fun but worthless if hacked.

Thanks for the post.
  • mudwrx
    edited January 2011