iPad in car

Installer4lifeInstaller4life Posts: 256
edited January 2011 in Custom Fabrication
iPad in car anyone. 99 Expedition. Color is a little off but works well..
Post edited by Installer4life on

Comments

• cokewithvanillacokewithvanilla Posts: 1,774
    edited August 2010
    It looks like it replaced your stereo and all your AC controls.... does it operate everything?

... and I there I was thinking those Ipads were entirely useless :) Nice job.
  • Installer4lifeInstaller4life Posts: 256
    edited August 2010
    My fault. The wiring coming out to the bottom left is the A/C wiring. We are going to relocate the A/C controls at a later date. I think we can get a console trim piece from a navigator. This piece has the rear A/C controls in it from the factory. The control panels look like the same size so we think it will be an easy swap. I went ahead and extended the A/C wiring so it will reach. The iPad will go through a processor of some sort then out to the system. No fm/am radio or CD player is needed.. Thanks..
  • cokewithvanillacokewithvanilla Posts: 1,774
    edited August 2010
    oh I see. That's cool. navigation will be pretty sweet on that size screen :P
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,295
    edited January 2011
    Reported^^^
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.