iPad in car

Installer4life
Installer4life Posts: 256
edited January 2011 in Custom Fabrication
iPad in car anyone. 99 Expedition. Color is a little off but works well..
Post edited by Installer4life on

Comments

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited August 2010
    It looks like it replaced your stereo and all your AC controls.... does it operate everything?

... and I there I was thinking those Ipads were entirely useless :) Nice job.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited August 2010
    My fault. The wiring coming out to the bottom left is the A/C wiring. We are going to relocate the A/C controls at a later date. I think we can get a console trim piece from a navigator. This piece has the rear A/C controls in it from the factory. The control panels look like the same size so we think it will be an easy swap. I went ahead and extended the A/C wiring so it will reach. The iPad will go through a processor of some sort then out to the system. No fm/am radio or CD player is needed.. Thanks..
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited August 2010
    oh I see. That's cool. navigation will be pretty sweet on that size screen :P
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited January 2011
    Reported^^^
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson