Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited August 2012 in Video Games
51TvXHn7geL.jpg

Release Date: March 31st, 2011
Price: $59.99 + $10 Game Credit (Amazon)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhVx3jBXRSY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhVx3jBXRSY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
UBI Soft wrote:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a tactical shooter in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon franchise which drops players in the middle of a covert operations throughout Europe against fictional ultranationalist groups. In this hot war players must use both individual skills with weaponry large and small, as well as be able to work with their fellow squad members to complete mission-based objectives. Additional features include: optical camouflage, making players virtually invisible, new support options via heavily armed ground and air combat drones and single player campaign, co-op and multiplayer play options.

Experience the Future of War

In the escalating political climate of the near future—where strategies on the battlefield must be delicately balanced with maneuvers at the negotiating table—a new breed of soldier has arisen. Trained to be better than the best and outfitted with the most comprehensive array of high-tech gear ever assembled, the future soldier stands apart by his ability to remain undetected. He slips unseen behind enemy lines. He uses the perfect combination of diplomacy and force to achieve his objectives while remaining politically invisible. He is a Ghost. As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock on to your objective even in the world's most complex, high-risk war zones.

Natural Cooperation

Dedicated to the utmost in realistic gameplay, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier features a wide variety of exciting gameplay options that are designed to provide the player with the most enthralling play options to date. These include the ability to instantly and effectively coordinate combat against 360° threats as you linkup with your Ghost teammates in a formidable formation at the push of a button; the ability to move-and-shoot-as-one with your friends or AI teammates with no training and no complex orders system; and to benefit from your teammates' high-tech abilities and combine them to unleash the power of an army at the pull of your trigger.

Epic Solo and Co-op Campaign

In an engrossing single player campaign join the Ghosts as Kozak, a fresh recruit whose elite unit is the U.S.'s best and only means of retaliation when a nationalist coup unseats Russia's legitimate president. Here you can experience multiple aspects of the war from the unique perspectives of a high-level bodyguard, an engineer, a civilian, and more. And when you are ready to team up, grab a friend and enjoy 12 hours of single, or split-screen action, in a cooperative campaign where players crisscross multiple theaters as the shadow of global conflict creeps across Northern Europe and beyond.

Fast-Paced, Addictive Multiplayer Mode

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier allows players to linkup for heated 8 vs. 8 adversarial matches. Here players can combine the four balanced class abilities, plus drones and individual gear. In addition, the game features a seamless ranking progression in Campaign, Co-op and Adversarial modes that allows for multiple rewards that can be put to use for your individual Ghost or your clan.

Key Game Features
  • The Ghosts pack the latest and best high-tech military equipment, inspired by actual prototypes designed for the Army through the Future Soldier 2030 Initiative.
  • Blend into any environment with mind-bending optical camouflage.
  • An exoskeleton enhances the Ghosts' physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther and faster than any soldier on the field today.
  • Unparalleled physicality and lethal expertise in melee close combat are now at your disposal. Control all-new heavily armed unmanned ground and air combat drones.
  • Unleash large-radius firepower with a personal mortar capable of firing multiple guided rockets simultaneously.
  • Multiplayer 8-on-8 action, Adversarial and Co-op modes that allow players to utilize rewards gained in Campaign mode.
  • Natural cooperation gameplay that allows players to work more easily with squad members, and utilize their special skills.
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2011
    This game is going to be AWESOME!....Can't wait.
    It couldn't come at a better time. I'm at my wits end with Black Ops and Reach is nearing the point of boredom.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2011
    Awesome Demi. I've been waiting for the next GRAW..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited January 2011
    Hope this one will be a good one. Seems like most of the big FPS games to come out in the last year or so, have been a disappointment to a number of people, Black Ops included. Maybe all of the pre-release hype on these newer games is building them up to more than what they really__ are.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited January 2011
    GRAW and Ghost Recon were fantastic games. Looking forward to this.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited January 2011
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Hope this one will be a good one. Seems like most of the big FPS games to come out in the last year or so, have been a disappointment to a number of people, Black Ops included. Maybe all of the pre-release hype on these newer games is building them up to more than what they really__ are.

This isn't a FPS though. It's a 3rd person tactical shooter. Looks fantastic so far, and I can't wait! Hell, I still wish I had GRAW2.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • avelanchefan
    edited January 2011
    This isn't a FPS though. It's a 3rd person tactical shooter. Looks fantastic so far, and I can't wait! Hell, I still wish I had GRAW2.

Agreed GRAW 2 was fantastic, the single player game was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    GRAW

That was one of the first games I bought, and I remember we'd play it quite a bit. Good stuff.

I'm hoping this game excels any hype out there and ends up being a welcome distraction to the COD series for a while. I'm still having fun with Black Ops, but I burned out on MW2, so I know it will be around the time this game comes out that I'll burn out on Black Ops.

Besides, I like the more tactical shooter since I'm used to shooting real iron as is. :biggrin:
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Friends and I used to love to set up a GRAW2 game with unlimited enemies, high density, defending a base, and set the time limit for 1 hour. You want to talk about high-pressure? You die, your buddy has to hold out until you respawn. It was basically me with a light machinegun, prone and praying that my team was covering my back, then us swapping off to get ammo. More fun than any adversarial mode!

I hope they keep that option in GRFS.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Polkie2009
    edited January 2011
    Wow, that GRAW2 game sounds like a blast kuntasensel, nothing like the rush of"praying and spraying" while you wait for help to respawn:)
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    You have no idea of how heartbreaking it was to get to like 50 minutes and then get flanked and lose the whole shebang. But if you made it through that hour of mad scrambling and repositioning, you felt like you freakin' accomplished something!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited March 2011
    Amazon still has the March 31st release date, but Game Stop shows this game pushed back to October 1st. Maybe it's just me, but it seems dumb to go head to head with the new Modern Warfare 3, which will likely be out the first week of November. Maybe they're thinking it will have more staying power if they release it a month before Modern Warfare 3, than if they released it now, only to be killed by Modern Warfare 3 in about 7 months.
  • avelanchefan
    edited March 2011
    You have no idea of how heartbreaking it was to get to like 50 minutes and then get flanked and lose the whole shebang. But if you made it through that hour of mad scrambling and repositioning, you felt like you freakin' accomplished something!

We used to do that all the time too! I cannot remember the map name, but it was the Map where you were at a government type building with 3 streets meeting at the top of it. The building sat on top of a hill.

FUN!!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2011
    I would love to see the GR games get the community support craze that the CoD games have received. I would rather all my friends play the GR games.
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2011
    I'd be up for GRAW - I think I tried GRAW2 but didn't finish the game for whatever reason. But it looks really cool.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • polkatese
    edited April 2011
    Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on January 25 2011 (Order# 102-6154672-82XXXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier"
    Release date: October 30 2011
    Estimated arrival date: November 02 2011

Finally Amazon gave in.bummer.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • kuntasensei
    edited April 2011
    I'm just pissed that the GRFS beta test that was supposed to be done through Splinter Cell Conviction still hasn't materialized. I'm hanging on to the game just in case... but it's kinda' weak that they lured people in with a supposed entry into the beta test then never did it.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • polkatese
    edited June 2011
    polkatese wrote: »
    Finally Amazon gave in.bummer.

Double bummer...

March 6th 2012 is so far away in the future that might be as well be forgotten..
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2011
    At least they finally announced the damn beta will kick off in January 2012. Sucks for all those people who held on to Splinter Cell Conviction, especially since you can get in the beta just by pre-ordering at Gamestop now.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • jpena53
    jpena53 Posts: 68
    edited June 2011
    I just love these games for their online play. I still havent finished black ops single player
    Fronts: Monitor 20s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 30s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-521K

My first true audio setup :smile:

Current Upgrade Plans
    Fronts: Monitor 70s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 50s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: ???? No idea yet
  • Polkie2009
    edited June 2011
    I thought this info(later release date spring next year) was already out there. I was thinking i ran across the info when I was searching around for any new info on a new Rainbow Six game. Could have sworn I read there wouldn't be a new RB6 game til this new GRFS was on the market.
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2011
    On a related note, a friend and I noted last night that we hadn't completed the co-op missions in GRAW2 on the Xbox 360... so we started up a match and left the room open, not thinking anyone would really still be playing. We ended up playing 12-player co-op for like 3 hours last night, and it was a BLAST! I think we could've gone 16, but people were worried about lag (though 12 went smoothly with me hosting on my 20 down/5 up connection). It's crazy that so many people are still playing a game that is like 3+ years old. I hope the online for GRFS is just as solid!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Almadacr
    Almadacr Posts: 185
    edited June 2011
    On a related note, a friend and I noted last night that we hadn't completed the co-op missions in GRAW2 on the Xbox 360... so we started up a match and left the room open, not thinking anyone would really still be playing. We ended up playing 12-player co-op for like 3 hours last night, and it was a BLAST! I think we could've gone 16, but people were worried about lag (though 12 went smoothly with me hosting on my 20 down/5 up connection). It's crazy that so many people are still playing a game that is like 3+ years old. I hope the online for GRFS is just as solid!

I still play from time to time GRAW its a fun game , like rainbow six series :biggrin:
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2011
    Almadacr wrote: »
    I still play from time to time GRAW its a fun game , like rainbow six series :biggrin:

Yeah, that same friend and I still play Terrorist Hunt in R6V2 from time to time. Those are two games I just can't ever get rid of.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2011
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Polkie2009
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the new info kuntasensei!!!
  • kuntasensei
    edited August 2011
    If you aren't excited by this, there's something wrong with you. CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k1EQeTkdyoc&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • polkatese
    edited August 2011
    I am excited. But, I'd rather forget about it until a copy showed up in my front door.
  • GoBigBlue
    GoBigBlue Posts: 212
    edited August 2011
    SO HYPED!!! Why is this taking so long???
  • avelanchefan
    edited August 2011
    WOW....looks great, But Typical Tom Clancy games. Tons of great hype....tons of delays.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • avelanchefan
    edited August 2011
    WOW....looks great, But Typical Tom Clancy games. Tons of great hype....tons of delays.

Opps
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa