Carver Amazings are strange

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2004
    I'll check again but I was careful while connecting. What size room do you have yours in?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2004
    Tonight I tried them in an 18' X 22' room. OK, different animal now! They actually sound great. The bass is very nice and tight but not very loud. It is right though and that is what matters. I still wouldn't say a sub is out of the question. Still at 400w. Great soundstage. Still very particular to the room. I had a friend angle them in while listening and they MUST be within 1/4th inch of where they need to be. I also had him tilt them while listening. EXTREMELY critical. They ended up being about 4' apart and toed in a few inches, approximately 2' from the back wall and pretty much centered left to right. This gave me the best sound. I'll say I'm beginning to become impressed.
    madmax :)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Excellent... Mine were on the long wall of a 24 x 15 room.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD